Insula Errata OOC Discussion!

tacobob

Probably keep Fire Walker away from the Gallopocus Islands...She's been wanting to go there, but the only 'adventure' she'd be having is on the beach, on a towel with margaritas.. <3

Thinking of another place she wanted to go...The Crystal Empire? Would that work? Probably not for ADVENTURE..Roam...We tried an RP with Swift Squall, FIre, Dunder, Muggo and a few others, but that seemed to have passed on.

Whitetail always seems to be the 'nice' version of the Everfree. It's the woods you want to roam around. Nice and sunny. No horrible monsters. No spooky ghost towns. Probably want to put on some hiking horse-boots and go for a nice walk.

Maybe something western? We could go to...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My diamond dog/Lunchbox wouldn't need much of an excuse to go on some kind of adventure if shinies were a possibility. Or even if he was just bored.

If the RP isn't getting too crowded, anyways. > >

I don't think a group of adults would allow a kid, especially if that kid did not belong to one of them to tag along..

Still, you have some good ideas..So if you wish to run an adventure RP, go ahead and start the topic. I'll be there. I do like the island bit.....I'd run one, but my time is sort of limited..And I'm in a creative funk about now...bleh. :-|

Shush, my silly little Tacobob. :P

Dawn can go on this adventure because she's hosting it. (That is, if I choose to run it, which I'm thinking about considering to do possibly do it) She puts up a few colourful flyers and waits at the designated rendezvous point. When the older ponies arrive and question her, she totally ignores their concerns and marches forward, leading her group to wherever they're going!! :D Possibly to a poorly made raft to a distant island or to Dragon Mountain.

...Or I'll just use Shzaam because he's older and more "responsible"

As for running it, I'll see what I can do. I'm not entirely sure of this, but we'll see. I'm in the process of thinking up storylines and settings.

I have an OP in progress though...

Well...we could try to contain it in WoE as long as we keep appropriate beastiary. I believe the best solutions would be golems and animated armors, some pony eating plants....you know the drill. Also the show hints about existence of some old ruins (the Daring Doo books may be fiction within fiction, but somepony wrote them, and inspirations don't come from thin air). And I wouldn't be so hesitant with making up locations. All of Aquellia, Roam, Solstice Heights. Gallopocus Islands were made here (and yes, I know that they are things from forum earlier era). The FiM introduces the new locations on regular basis so what gives?

Golems and animated armour might be pushing it for WoE. It depends if they are sentient beings or just structures/amour. If it can't reason or feel emotion and it's meant to protect something, I feel that may go for WoE... As long as they, you know, don't murder anypony. Only restraining them or keeping them from progressing as most guardian-like creatures do in a cartoon...

Oh, and they'd have to be NPC's

As for ruins, I don't like them for roleplaying with groups of or more than 3 or four people (this thread has gained interest from almost 15 users). Ruins are very much like labyrinths and if somepony says "Hey let's split up!!", it usually goes down from there...

And for making up locations, wouldn't we have to write lore for it and have it accepted before we could consider it board canon? Or at least for WoE?

Thinking of another place she wanted to go...The Crystal Empire? Would that work? Probably not for ADVENTURE..Roam...We tried an RP with Swift Squall, FIre, Dunder, Muggo and a few others, but that seemed to have passed on.

Whitetail always seems to be the 'nice' version of the Everfree. It's the woods you want to roam around. Nice and sunny. No horrible monsters. No spooky ghost towns. Probably want to put on some hiking horse-boots and go for a nice walk.

Maybe something western? We could go to...

The Crystal Empire? Well actually, just going to visit the Empire itself would be an adventure! Someponies can only dream of what it's like!!

Sure, the RP might be "touristy", but hey, it's still an adventure!

(Unless of course we find secret crystal ruins that nopony knows about and we find the most valuable object in all of pony history!!)

For the Whitetail, it could be that a group strays off trail and end up getting lost. Same scenario for an Everfree RP, just less dangerous...

Regardless, I'm up for anything. So far I have a few scenarious planned out, but I'm unsure of where the group will be traveling.

For typical adventure / treasure hunt:

Character puts up notices for an adventure -> curious ponies go see what's happening -> character drags newfound crew to an undetermined place -> ADVENTURE -> overcoming classic adventure stuff -> get treasure -> get most valuable treasure -> get out with all the gold only to realize that gold coins are the usual Equestrian currency...

Ship-wrecked:

Non-chalantly steals somepony's vessel -> crash into an island -> use wits and cunning to make a new ship to escape, all the while trying not to go crazy -> get rescued / find a way off

Just another two bits in the hat...

Err, maybe seven bits... :blush:

I'm gonna go see what else I can work on for this...

The shipwreck one could be fun...We wouldn't have to steal anything...There are a few OCs out there that are ship captains...Or they could have all been on a pleasure cruise together..Horrible storm comes up. Sinks ship..Characters wash up on deserted island....We'll have to find a way to keep any Pegasi grounded..Cause they'd just fly away...

Well, since we have Chronicles now, we can start the Adventure there. It will allow us a lot more of freedom while our applications are still valid.

The shipwreck one could be fun...We wouldn't have to steal anything...There are a few OCs out there that are ship captains...Or they could have all been on a pleasure cruise together..Horrible storm comes up. Sinks ship..Characters wash up on deserted island....We'll have to find a way to keep any Pegasi grounded..Cause they'd just fly away...

Not even best of fliers would take skies during the hurricane that could break their wings like twigs. I doubt that ponies take much notice for the weather management over the ocean.

Well, since we have Chronicles now, we can start the Adventure there. It will allow us a lot more of freedom while our applications are still valid.

Not even best of fliers would take skies during the hurricane that could break their wings like twigs. I doubt that ponies take much notice for the weather management over the ocean.

Hurricanes don’t last forever...I went through like five of them in a few months. Still, there could be something that keeps them there...A mystery...A quest...A job...

If it takes place in CC, that might be an interesting setup to throw my changeling into. ;P

That sounds fine. I’d rather not use FFA, but CC....That would be suitable. :)

New idea. Space binding ruins on the Deserted Island (which would explain why no pegasus would simply fly away), think about the Lost.

And if no one is willing, I can. But tomorrow. From my perspective it's already late when I write this.

Shameless Lore Team Promotion Time!

Have you folks checked out our new official location articles yet? There's a number of adventure-friendly settings we've already made for everyone here. In fact, the Forest of Leota is our semiofficial "no flying/magic" adventure zone, in case you're interested. :P

And so I made thread. Here is alink in case someone missed it.

Also since it is in Chronicles either we need a new OOC thread or have this one moved. Oh yes and anyone who signed up here for a participation is free to post. Just post a link in your first post to the application of character you are using. Come to think of it I need to do the same.

The rules are as follows:

Unicorns can't use magic and pegasus can't fly (but they are still able to glide if they find spot high enough) unless it will be stated otherwise (don't worry, no Deus Ex Machina's). Not sure how it affects earth ponies and other species - suggestions will be much appreciated.

Magical and enchanted items still work.

And in case it isn't obvious....time and space are little messed up on this piece of rock.

Archived