Insula Errata OOC Discussion!

tacobob

Looking for an adventure/exploration type RP for my OC, Fire Walker.

Daring deeds must be done.

Villains must be slapped silly until they promise to do evil no more.

Secrets must be discovered!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need someone in a supporting role, I can possibly lend my griffon Falco Kestrelson. My only other OC who tends to wind up in adventure threads though is Merlot, and he's one of them antagonist types. :P

Would also be nice if someone app'd for Prince Blueblood. Fire, Dunder and Muggo' were in a perfectly awesome adventure RP with the good prince until his player left Canterlot. :scream:

Beyond that..Anyone have an adventure RP? Just give me a shout.

Thanks!

I believe that Swift Squall must take part in more adventure threads. Especially if his dear Fire is involved. And Muggo would be good choice since the three are friends already.

I can't. Dunder's occupied. I can use Dunder, though

Thank Goodness!

Now who shall run this RP? My time is limited a bit this week..And some people here are really good at running these things...

Sup. Name's Halide. Basically awesome. Got a couple ideas y'all could just have. Might even run 'em for ya. Actually, make it four ideas.

NUMBER ONE : Freeform RP, classic DnD-esque adventure.

Situation would be as follows : I'd basically be remaking An Adventure of Unorthodox Proportions, which fell flat on its face for reasons called "somebody became very busy and another somebody vanished and a third somebody never showed up". None of those somebodies were me, so that's cool. TL;DR edition is a powerful wizard is looking to equip a party of adventurers to deal with a terrible sickness that's overtaken a nearby town. Spoilers : not all is as it seems.

NUMBER TWO : WoE RP, Recovery of stolen property.

Situation would be this : Blacksmith's got all his gemstones and precious metals stolen in transit by an unruly pack of diamond dogs, and needs somebody what can get 'em back before he goes outta business. Little more straightforward, but also a little heavier on exploring the northern province of Stalliongrad. Cuz Stalliongrad is legit.

NUMBER THREE : Monster fights, dungeon puzzles, and a rescue.

Situation would be this : Somepony of unaccomplished academic means goes missing in an old ruin of the everfree; one of his friends goes asking around ponyville and-or canterlot looking for someone what can go looking for the guy. PS - It's the everfree. They got monsters made out of angry trees and mud. Go ahead and thrash 'em, it won't matter because it's basically just lumberwork.

NUMBER FOUR : Heroic Rescue.

Lemme just cut it quick. Pegasus goes flying, pegasus falls down. Nobody knows where pegasus went, somepony in cloudsdale needs her found but quick. A little sleuthing reveals pegasus got hauled off by... Dunno. Diamond Dogs, Shapeshifters, maybe a bunch'a ne'er-do-wells. Haven't thought out the culprit yet. Heck, by the time it gets around to happening, we might have a new kinda scapegoat to blame it on.

So yeah. There y'go. I'm willing enough to run 'em if you guys are willin' to stick around. Or you can tell me to shove off and mind my own business, cuz I can do that too.

All sound good. Would a DnD-esque game have similar classes?

Nah. All I meant by DnD-esque is that it'd be a similar sort of setup, story-wise. Buncha dudes and dudettes meet up in the same place, some old grumpus gives 'em a quest to go do, peril awaits, party attempts to overcome peril, oh no monsters, oh no final boss, win for glorious victory. That kinda deal.

As for making it WoE-compatable, I'm not sure about that. I was taking a huge number of liberties with the original deal; making up characters and places and towns to fit the scenario, rather than trying to say 'oh no this horrible curse has fallen on this villiage that other characters might actually live in. But they never show up. And they'll never speak of it again. Also certain characters central to Equestria also never show up. PS weird plot devices to keep people from just waltzing right in or out from certain places that are usually freely accessable.'

Which is why I put it in the freeform section, cuz that way I could just make two entire townships and as many named NPCs as I wanted.

Not very fond of FFA..Guess I probably should have read the 'Freeform RP' bit you had there in big letters. Ugh. I'm a silly pone. :?:

Three should be fine. Always looking for an Everfree type RP.

And we're also looking for someone to helm this RP since the main OC for this one left Canterlot.

It's not like it being on a different subforum necessarily changes the quality of the writing involved. So long as it's kept to invite-only, which is entirely permissable within freeform, all it really does is allow the GM to write whatever functional parts of the setting are fitting for the story itself, as well as letting players bring up ideas they've wanted to try but haven't put applications into yet.

Though I'm pretty sure we could all agree that this wouldn't work out so well if everyone was the super-saiyan alicorn of Omnicron Perseei 8.

And we're also looking for someone to helm this RP since the main OC for this one left Canterlot.

He left!? :?: Well that's depressing...

Anyway,

Are children allowed on this adventure? Surely a filly with slightly below, highly above average pyrokinesis could be of some use! In a dark cave? Boom, she's a flashlight! :D In a cold cave? Boom, she's a heater! Need to roast marshmallows? Boom, she's a fire place!

Really though, I think this could be WoE just as long as there's not excessive violence, gore, OP OC's or anything like that. Like, instead of going around hunting and beating up bad guys or something, it could be a journey to find something?

Tacobob did say he's looking for adventure/exploration, so maybe Climbing Dragon Mountain? Or finding underwater caves in the Nimbusgait Lakes? Getting lost in the Whitetail Woods because the Everfree is played out?...

Would being stranded on an island be considered WoE or FFA? Like, everything's peaceful and bam! Storm hits, leaving the crew stranded on an island. (no casualties, no OP OC's, minimum violence, only approved species allowed, etc.). Then they have to find a way off the island with what ever they can salvage?

Or maybe a quest to find somepony's lost item results in the team getting ensnared in an even bigger mess. Resulting them having to solve a mystery.

Idk, just a few ideas on the top of my head. :)

I don't think a group of adults would allow a kid, especially if that kid did not belong to one of them to tag along..

Still, you have some good ideas..So if you wish to run an adventure RP, go ahead and start the topic. I'll be there. I do like the island bit.....I'd run one, but my time is sort of limited..And I'm in a creative funk about now...bleh. :-|

Well...we could try to contain it in WoE as long as we keep appropriate beastiary. I believe the best solutions would be golems and animated armors, some pony eating plants....you know the drill. Also the show hints about existence of some old ruins (the Daring Doo books may be fiction within fiction, but somepony wrote them, and inspirations don't come from thin air). And I wouldn't be so hesitant with making up locations. All of Aquellia, Roam, Solstice Heights. Gallopocus Islands were made here (and yes, I know that they are things from forum earlier era). The FiM introduces the new locations on regular basis so what gives?

Archived