Crimes Against Baking

Really, "organic flour, butter, and whole chocolate" come from stores that are either:

a) too far for me to drive or take the bus to (especially in this heat)

b) too expensive (sadly, I don't get paid to figure out how to tie neckwear)

So I've used mixes, mostly.

Recently, though, I've been perfecting my eggless cookie dough, which I make from scratch. Needs a bit less vanilla.

I did get some neat recipes from some chefs I like to work with when I'm in the area!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do from scratch cookies, but unfortunately don't trust myself with cakes (Cheesecake doesn't count!) and will use a mix to get it done right. I'm so scared of screwing up the sacred Cherry-Chocolate Cake...

Kat and I once used an apple spice cake mix (a mix- yes, we're poor and busy people mind you!) with cream cheese frosting, and we put dehydraded apple chips ontop of the cupcake (one whole one, and little itty-bitty chopped up flakes to coat the top). We called them apple-jack cupcakes, and they were DELICIOUS. Best thing we ever baked. We were going to make more for each of the mane 6, but got kinda lazy, and even more poor at the time. :'<

I still think funfetti cake with sky blue frosting would be a great Rainbowdash cupcake though :pathfinder:

All my birthday cakes made for me came from cake mix.... :(

I can't really bake to save my life either. I wind up helping my cousin's make Nestle Toll House cookies by being the timekeeper so stuff doesn't get all messed up when I'm over at their house...

• 3 weeks later...

I think...I think I can do this! http://www.countryli...ocolate-cake-25

Once I get the funding for what I need, I'll see how it turns out. If I can do cake, I can do it all from scratch!

Also: http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/chocolate-pumpkin-cake-cupcakes-3922

Pumpkin. Spice. I think I just found my Thanksgiving Pumpkin item, folks!

Forgive me, Chef de Cuisine, for I have sinned.

A few days ago, I made beef soup. Sort of.

I didn't have any whole potatoes, so I dumped in frozen safeway hashbrowns.

I didn't have any proper beef, so I washed off some frozen premade taco meat and used the ground beef instead.

I didn't have any fresh vegetables, so I dumped in a frozen mix and a can of corn.

I only had one litre of beef stock, so I used cheap OXO beef bullion powder to make up for it.

I forgot to cook the barley in the rice cooker before adding it to the soup.

Three bites in, I was genuinely sorry for what I'd done.

Will be eating dinner at the Monochrome Mansion tonight! <3

Ew. Bacon Taco...pass. I'll stick to my cakes and cookies, thanks.

Forgive me, Chef de Cuisine, for I have sinned.

A few days ago, I made beef soup. Sort of.

I didn't have any whole potatoes, so I dumped in frozen safeway hashbrowns.

I didn't have any proper beef, so I washed off some frozen premade taco meat and used the ground beef instead.

I didn't have any fresh vegetables, so I dumped in a frozen mix and a can of corn.

I only had one litre of beef stock, so I used cheap OXO beef bullion powder to make up for it.

I forgot to cook the barley in the rice cooker before adding it to the soup.

Three bites in, I was genuinely sorry for what I'd done.

You now know to not do it again...I'm sure improvising a different meal would have been safer, but sometimes one meal just wants to stay with you in craving for a long, long time...and won't go away until you actually have some to enjoy (or in this case...y'know...not. no offense, Halide.)

Forgive me baking ponies, for I have sinned.

At my vacation a few months ago, I was lured by the $5 buffet known as CiCi's Pizza. I have also enjoyed the forbidden pleasures that are Olive Garden, Applebees, Cracker Barrel, Logan's Roadhouse, Sheetz Made to Order food, and Burger King. I do cook things, but sometimes the temptation strikes.

Hello, Rosewind...

*western harmonica and tumbleweed, activate!*

My greatest adversary. You wish to save the souls of these ponies, while I forward the agenda of ALL that is artificial and sugary! You know my power, for I am the only foe whom you rate a threat level of TWO baked bads! With all my power, and all my store-bought treats, I will destroy you!

With that, I give you this parting gift:

ziucgp.jpg

Oh, but you know me and my wickedness. I don't even wait until it's baked! WE EATS IT... RAAAAAW!

Gollum-smeagol-gollum-32113835-200-200.png

Archived