Greetings and well met! Now where's the snack table?

Coconutswallow

Salutations, you strangers, you! I'm Coconutswallow! I like exclamation points! Don't be scared! I'll stop using them eventually!

See? Now, as far as introductions go, well, I'm a My Little Pony fan, a strange facet of me to be sure, but one I'm sure you all will find quite familiar for some reason. I also enjoy quite a many other things, such as reading just about anything well recommended, playing video games in attacking binges, and watching far more television than should be allowed by the laws of man. I rarely wear matching socks, I prefer my mashed potatoes laden with pepper, and I dislike coffee, marking me for death amongst respectable society.

Recently the hankering for RPing has come upon me again and I've decided to pursue this fancy both for entertainment and as a regular way for me to practice my writing skills, something that I need to start sharpening more often. This isn't my first time at the RP rodeo, though it has been awhile, so hopefully you folks will tolerate moi as I dip my toes back into the water. If not, I can and will return to my stock of exclamation points and arm them with highly lethal and apologetic statements!

Hopefully that covers just about everything relevant having to do with me. I look forward to the company of you fine people!

Thank you, thank you, all of you! The only way you could make this welcome more wonderful is if you handed out $100 bills right at the door, which is a splendid idea that I suggest you start implementing right away.

I hope to become more acquainted with all of you soon. Please don't start competing for my affections, it's quite uncouth and can be shortcut by just giving me flattering praises.

Now I'm off to take residence in your cupboards.

The snack table is over where the changeling is taking his bath.

Ah, so the snack table is in the bathroom. Fantastic. Just where my aunt used to put it.

Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you have absolutely any questions, feel free to ask! Since you're looking at jumping back into RP, be sure to check out the information in each of the application boards. It'll give you a great idea of what our different RP settings are like so you can make the best decision about which one you want to jump into first!

As for books, homigosh, what are your favorites? I've recently been given access to nearly all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels and I'm tearing through them one after the other. They're just too good.

Thank you, thank you, all of you! The only way you could make this welcome more wonderful is if you handed out $100 bills right at the door, which is a splendid idea that I suggest you start implementing right away.

I hope to become more acquainted with all of you soon. Please don't start competing for my affections, it's quite uncouth and can be shortcut by just giving me flattering praises.

Now I'm off to take residence in your cupboards.

Ah, so the snack table is in the bathroom. Fantastic. Just where my aunt used to put it.

That sir/madame, is an excellent idea

You will give me all your affection... or else! :sad:

Even more welcomes? All of you are too kind! Many thanks to every one of you! I'd start handing out cookies, but let's be honest, that'd be going overboard.

Welcome, welcome, welcome! If you have absolutely any questions, feel free to ask! Since you're looking at jumping back into RP, be sure to check out the information in each of the application boards. It'll give you a great idea of what our different RP settings are like so you can make the best decision about which one you want to jump into first!

As for books, homigosh, what are your favorites? I've recently been given access to nearly all of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels and I'm tearing through them one after the other. They're just too good.

Ah, thank you exceedingly for the RP direction guidance!

My favorite books? Dear Celestia, I don't know if I have a year to spare typing here, but I can say that Terry Pratchett is quite amazing, and I am quite ashamed to say that I have yet to read the whole Discworld series yet. I'm certainly working on it, however.

Recently I've been devouring P.G. Wodehouse, who has firmly established himself to me as my authorial idol. I've also decided to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire series because I got hooked onto the television show.

(So, you like exclamation points, heh? I challenge you!)

Now you're providing songs to pull me into the fold? I'm sold!

And keep in mind! If it's a exclamation point battle you wish to initiate, I will bring my A game!

That sir/madame, is an excellent idea

Of course it is! I suggested it, didn't I?

You will give me all your affection... or else! :sad:

Or else? I'll have you know that I graduated top of my class in tea sipping. I doubt you wish to challenge such dangerous training.

Oh, OH, OH! Coco, do you see me!? Coco, look at me! Hey, Coco! I'm over here! Yooo hoo! Wouldn't you simply love to give me all of your affection!? Wouldn't you!? Huh, HUH, HUH! C'mon, I know you do!

LOVE ME! :evil:

Jokes aside, I wish you the best of time on this site :)

Welcome to Canterlot.com Coconutswallow!

If you're interested in RPing on this site, here's some things you'll need to know:

First of all, we have three RP settings, as follows:

WoE is geared to be completely canon. An approved application is required, and you can find the form and some great guidelines and suggestions for completing it here. Cast characters are available for RP in WoE, and your OCs can only be canon species seen in FiM so far. You can find the cast list & rules here, and the species list here. Since WoE is meant to be just like the show, we suggest that you not app anything for your character that you would not see in the show. This doesn’t mean your character has to be boring, not by any means! But anything too dark is not allowed. We also suggest that you keep an eye on the Codexia, which can be found here.

CC is similar to WoE in that approved applications are also required, but any WoE-accepted characters, as long as they aren’t be changed, can be played in CC without needing a new application. The application can be found here. In CC, we do allow some things that don’t fit into WoE. Non-canon species that still make sense in the setting are allowed. Changelings and batponies are available, too! Alicorns will be available as soon as we’ve hammered out definite limitations on them. Cast aren’t available yet, but Rosie and Dio are working hard to set up a system for them in CC. The cast and species lists can be found here. As with WoE, we have a CC-exclusive Codexia that can be found here. Finally, for a better look at the guidelines that set CC apart from WoE, the rules can be found here.

FFA is distinct from WoE and CC in that you don't need an application. You can start a thread right now! It can involve any character, location, or story, as long as ponies are included in some way and the threads don’t surpass PG-13 in rating: no excessive gore, and nothing explicitly sexual can be included. You can, however, cross MLP over with anything you want! Do you have a Doctor Whooves adventure setting you want to play around in? Go for it! Want to play as Twilight Sparkle, but you don’t have her for WoE? Feel free! Itching desire to play in the Equestria Girls universe? FFA is the place for it. Go wild!

It’s entirely up to you which roleplay setting you decide to jump into, and if you need some help, feel free to ask! The RP Staff is here to ensure that you and everyone else enjoy Canterlot’s roleplaying community. If you want any assistance in creating your first RP character for CC or WoE, I’d be glad to help you, and once your first character is accepted into CC or WoE, I’d be just as glad to help you find a thread to join that will help you play your character to her full potential!

If you have any further questions feel free to send me or one of the other Roleplay Helpers a PM to ask whatever you need to know. You can find a list of all of us in the WoE Codexia!

Happy RPing!