Where do Foals come from?

CherryRie

I know this might sound naive, but when I was thinking about character's last night it actually occurred to me that only Twilight seems to have any maternal parents. Applejack has Granny smith, but no Ma' and Pa' Apple in sight. This leads me to some speculation.

*puts her CMC cape on*

So my fellow Foals, to the club house! We shall hold a secret meeting to discuss our findings! Where do lil' fillys and colts come from?

I heard they're delivered by Pegasus guards from the palace. And that Celestia makes Fillies out of clouds an' stardust and Colts out of mud an' spiders!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might sound naive, but when I was thinking about character's last night it actually occurred to me that only Twilight seems to have any maternal parents.

Don't forget Mr. and Mrs. Pie down on the rock farm! :sad:

Well, knowing Pinkie, that story may or may not have been actually...true, besides the seeing the rainbow part.

I know this might sound naive, but when I was thinking about character's last night it actually occurred to me that only Twilight seems to have any maternal parents.

Don't forget Mr. and Mrs. Pie down on the rock farm! :sad:

Well, knowing Pinkie, that story may or may not have been actually...true, besides the seeing the rainbow part.

Lol? That's right. If we take this as true we must assume she made Equestria too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one was definitely glad to seen Lauren's official reply when she was originally asked. I'll never understand why anyone would attempt to create another method for reproduction other than the "old fashioned" natural way, and be scared by the latter. After all if Disney cartoon movies are alright with it... :shock:

They're at least a thousand years old, since they both had to be alive when Nightmare Moon was imprisoned.

Celestia and Luna are more than a thousand years old. If we watch the premise, the sisters have been running things for an indeterminate while before the events of Nightmare Moon, giving Luna time to become embittered. Since Celestia is the older sister, she is likely significantly older (If we take the origin of the Solar System into account...the Sun came into existence significantly long before the Moon did, even though the night was always around...but this is Equestria, not the universe.) than Luna by several factors...could even be thousands of years, there's no telling, but I'd be likely to assume she'd be at least a thousand years older than Luna. But we know that at this point, we can consider current events taking place from Year One of the new Order.

If I remember correctly in the 80's cartoon there was a magic mirror that when two ponies stood in front of it and wished for a foal it would magically appear. It's not relevant to FiM but I thought it was funny how the 80's explained where foals come from.

If I remember correctly in the 80's cartoon there was a magic mirror that when two ponies stood in front of it and wished for a foal it would magically appear. It's not relevant to FiM but I thought it was funny how the 80's explained where foals come from.

Well. Now I know how Twilight and Trixie had a baby. (There's this fic called Out in the Cold. I've only heard about it, but...ya...)

Well. Now I know how Twilight and Trixie had a baby. (There's this fic called Out in the Cold. I've only heard about it, but...ya...)

what in tarnation...

what in tarnation...

20081%20-%20artist%3Ainkwell-pony%20cele

20081%20-%20artist%3Ainkwell-pony%20cele

OHGODNO

I think that Pinkie Pie's brain - IF she has one, I really wonder sometimes - produces them. The come out of her ears annually, but seeing as to how in three episodes we went from Autumn -> Spring, I doubt we'll see the specific day that it happens. She tells her friends she's sick, but she's really shootin' out fillies left and foals right.

*ahem*