A call to all REA members!

ummm... hi! I've noticed a bit of a lack of activity in REA members and Well I kinda wanna see what kinda shenanigans/ adventures some members of REA can get into so I was hoping to use this thread to brainstorm some ideas for an roleplay thread! If possible please tell a bit about your REA character and what he or she is like when interacting with other ponies in the REA.

Since I'm the one who started this idea I figure it's only right i tell about my REA OC first.

My current REA character is a unicorn named Silverheart. He's a rather marish looking stallion with some noticeable neat freak tendencies and while he has a good heart he often works to keep other members of Guard in line and values order and neatness to a great degree. While he has only joined recently he has high hopes for his career and wishes to command his own ponies one day. for more info I shall link everyone his app below and feel free to check My OC log for additional info on him.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/16687-silverheart-ready/#entry395136

I've yet to decide whether this will be Set in CC or WOE yet though but im leaning toward CC cause it opens up possibilities in my opinion.

Well, there's always my boot camp thread if you're interested in using him as an instructor!

http://www.canterlot...ake-2-sign-ups/

Otherwise, I have Reveille (My DI Pony) and Trailblazer (Who's technically retired, but he was hardcore Army in his day). That's all I got to offer at the moment. As for making a whole new RP for military personnel, there was the Army ball (which I unfortunately did NOT participate in). Perhaps there could be meetups, competitions, game-nights, on-leave hanging out, whatever we like! The possibilities are endless! ... If command says so.

I had considered your bootcamp thread and saw you had an instructor spot open but i wasnt sure how well he'd do with that job I also wasnt sure how he'd land that position since he's only an officer and pretty new.... also i noticed the army ball thread is pretty dead for the time being. All your ideas sound very good though!

I have a few REA related characters and would be happy to use any of them:

Radiant Steel - My most used REA pony (and probably my favorite; she's also my first OC period). She is a young pegasus mare who's only been a part of the REA for about a year and just was made a corporal recently. She's very much in her own head. Highly neurotic, due in part to the frustrations of her childhood, especially needing to live up to the expectations of her father, a strict REA Major. She always over thinks things needlessly until she's perfectly in her element. Around other members of the REA, it all depends on rank. Higher ranked members she will be completely stiff and on edge around. Lower or similarly ranked soldiers, she has a tendency to be tough on; never passing up an excuse to point out what they're doing wrong. it depends on character though. If an REA pony talks to her in the right way, they might be able to have conversations with her without her assuming some kind of persona.

Steel Dagger - Radiant Steel's older brother. He's a unicorn stallion with a contrary attitude, particularly concerned with cutting his own path to the top of the REA in his own way. He's doing fairly well as, despite being fairly young he's a lieutenant. He has a real weakness for a pretty face, and tends to spend most of his time flirting with as many mares as he can--often times making a game of it--or otherwise giving the impression that he doesn't take anything at all seriously. With other members of the REA it mostly depends on gender and partly on setting. He contains himself in formal settings, such as when commanding officers are around. He is quick to flirt with female members of the guard. With males, it can play a number of ways depending on their demeanor and rank.

Alexandrite Tilt - More accurately a member of the Crystal Empire's guard, but technically still under the REA banner. Alexandrite Tilt is a crystal mare who is a champion jouster as well as a palace guard. She is eloquent, confident (in most things) and brimming with pride. She has a mature worldview but once shaken can become quite despondent. Full of confusion after the return of the Empire, she still doesn't know what to make of the outsiders, but will never let such things get in the way of duty. Alexa treats other members of the guard respectfully, She believes in good impressions and displaying class, so she does her best to always be polite and friendly when possible. For her to truly open up with someone though, the finding of some common ground is usually needed.

Midnight Brand - actually former REA; currently an adventurer of sorts. Midnight is a middle aged earth mare with a young daughter. In her REA days, she was cold and ruthless, but after her actions proved costly she started to actively distance herself from that persona. She also became a recluse of sorts, living with her daughter in the mountains, only venturing out on occasion for paid adventuring work to earn what they need with her skills. Around members of the REA, she's somewhat on edge. She can become morose and reflective. She tries to avoid it as much as possible, though doing as she does, this is not always possible.

The only REA character I have is Swift Blitz, but she needs to be played more. I was thinking about starting a RP in which all these guards are on duty but it's a really slow day so we can see what adventures come up from that, but I still need to work on the plot.

I got two REA characters:

PFC Flash Sentry: Of EQG (in)famy. You've already interacted with him before in RP, so I don't really need to say anything more.

Col. Pummel: Highest ranked REA character (the only other colonel OC around is retired). Intolerant of incompetence, swift to punish, and pushes his subordinates to the absolute limit, but rewards extraordinary merit and valor handsomely. Spent much of his career as an advisor for the Aquellian Marine Corps (and spent much of his early life there too), making him especially out of touch to more "casual" REA serviceponies. Don't screw up around him, and he won't give you too much flak.