The Tour of Peace (Closed; riverhippo/Mojo/Rabukurafuto/zoebel12)

Hippo

banner_flax_zps64608f9d.png

Flax and Mojo had traveled down the road from Ponyville to their farms, which not until recently found out between them were surprisingly close to each other, South of the Nimbusgait Lakes. The lush farmland in this area was taken advantage of by these radical earth ponies. When they approached Flax and Wheat's farm, they entered onto the land which was immediately seen as very used and fertile ground that was constantly maintained as much as a few ponies who have been independent from township society might be. However, everything was in order, even if it was fairly messy.

"Sorry, Mojo, you'll have to excuse our land, we were in the transition of making it all, like, better." Flax walked Mojo through the farm's first path to the barn, where several ponies in the family were waving at them as they passed. "I think you'll like Wheat. She's a lot like me, except she's a little more..." Flax struggled. "What's the word? I don't know. It's like she always knows what to say. Ah! Here she is. Wheat, this is my new friend Mojo." Flax looked at Wheat with an overly serious face. "He, like, has the same ideals as us." His stare was awkward and misplaced.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Wheat Grass

Wheat Grass was in the barn, helping to clean up after a long day of hard, fulfilling work. Soon they would sit down for dinner and relax. Sure, she hadn't quite discovered the secret of making organic food as tasty as it was supposed to be, but it was the naturalness and time they all put into it that mattered...right? Well, she was sure she would get it some day.

She heard Flax's voice drift to her ears, pricking them up.

"Ah! Here she is. Wheat, this is my new friend Mojo."

Wheat stepped out, eager to see their new visitor. What she saw struck her speechless. An Earth Pony stallion with a carefree brown mane, a brown coat with some white highlights and cool blue eyes. His cutie mark was a yellow peace sign. He had a broad, masculine appeal, yet there was an easygoing allure about him too. Stunned by the newcomer's looks, Wheat dumbly stared at him.

"He, like, has the same ideals as us."

Wheat blinked, Flax's voice snapping her out of her reverie. Embarrassed, she smiled sweetly at him, figuring he hadn't noticed anything odd by the vacant, awkward look he was making. "Yes! So, ah, welcome to the farm, Mojo! Our home is your home. As Flax said, we share the same ideals! But, ah, you'd be welcome to stay even if you didn't! We don't discriminate."

Ugh; wasn't she supposed to be the articulate one? Wheat felt rather stupid. She needed to get her act together.

sml_gallery_475_9_8090.jpg

Mojo was very happy to be meeting Flax Seed's 'life partner' on their farm. The Paint stallion was anxious to get started with their 'Tour of Peace' idea.

"That was a groovy welcome, fair lady," Mojo said with a polite nod of his head. "And if I may say so, this is a marvy farm you have here! Flax told me all about it. It's so cool ta meet fellow ponies who believe in the ways of peace, calm and nature!"

The hippie brony then turns to Flax Seed.

"Say pal, did ya wanna tell your life partner about our plans? About the Tour of Peace and how we sent out word to bring in more musicians for our swingin' little group?"

"Oh yeah!" Flax jolted out of his stare as Mojo implied. "Wheat, picture this." He sat his haunches and sat straight up, using his front legs to illustrate the vision he would tell. "Ponies everywhere in Ponyville, minding their own business. And then suddenly, who comes in, but a magnificent musical band of music for the aura, and rhymes of peace and poems of the calming of your spirit. Everypony's lives will change!"

Flax put his hoof around Wheat, looking up to the sky. "It will be a revolution of peace and kindness, the thing we always dreamed of!" Flax let go and continued to ask her a question. "You can play the guitar or harmonica or whatever that thing is called, right?" Flax certainly knew that he lacked more musical talent than anyone in the general area, however he may have been partially blinded to the experience level of this sort of thing as it related to the ponies he lived with. Most of them had good talents in the things they desired to take part in on the farm, but no one there had a cutie mark related to music.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"That was a groovy welcome, fair lady. And if I may say so, this is a marvy farm you have here! Flax told me all about it. It's so cool ta meet fellow ponies who believe in the ways of peace, calm and nature!"

Wheat smiled back, glad that Mojo wasn't put off. What a groovy guy!

"Say pal, did ya wanna tell your life partner about our plans? About the Tour of Peace and how we sent out word to bring in more musicians for our swingin' little group?"

"Wheat, picture this. Ponies everywhere in Ponyville, minding their own business. And then suddenly, who comes in, but a magnificent musical band of music for the aura, and rhymes of peace and poems of the calming of your spirit. Everypony's lives will change! It will be a revolution of peace and kindness, the thing we always dreamed of! You can play the guitar or harmonica or whatever that thing is called, right?"

Wheat blinked, imagining the scene Flax laid out before her, one of a great army of peace blowing everypony's mind with their message and music. She nodded, liking the idea quite a bit.

"That...really is a great idea!" she said, stomping on the ground in excitement, raising a small cloud. "It would be a wonderful project to bring our community together and reach others!"

She went from a smile to a frown, realising something. "I haven't much experience with instruments though. I wonder if singing or songwriting would be better for me?"

"That'll work, Wheat!" Mojo neighed enthusiastically, "that's what peace and freedom all about! Bein' free ta be yurself! We need a pony ta write songs and sing with us."

The Paint stallion then turned to Flax Seed.

"Hay Flax, maybe it'd be cool if the three of us ventured out ta look for more ponies for our groovy little group now. I know I could rustle up some of me own pals ta join in. Where should we start? Go south through Ponyville or north towards Stalliongrad? I think Ponyville's a lot calmer territory. Ever seen any of those wild Stalliongradian ponies? Totally bad vibes comin' from'm. I met one wild green mare from there long ago, and she could play her funky lookin' guitar, but she was so loud! Did that really square lookin' dance too. Flax, Wheat, ya know of any mellow, swingin' ponies we could use ta round out our group?"

"Wheat, I think that no matter what you sing or play, as long as it's from the soul, it will be beautiful." Flax affirmed Wheat Grass, however he may not have immediately seen how to adjust to the situation. It seemed like to him success was easy.

Flax was really excited. He wanted to get started on this project. And the sooner the better. His hindsight never thought to evaluate the situation, but that he would look forward to the greatest moment of success. His eyes and mind on the goal, and unfortunately, not much else. "Well, Mojo, I guess if you want to look for that friend of yours, Jubiflower or whatever it was, maybe we can find someone to play the drums for us. Think you can find her on Stirrup Street?" Flax started walking on the road to Ponyville, suggesting an immediate following of the other ponies. "Mojo, bring your cart full of the instruments you have. You have any others at home you can grab?"

"That'll work, Wheat! That's what peace and freedom all about! Bein' free ta be yurself! We need a pony ta write songs and sing with us."

Wheat blushed at Mojo's praise. "Why, thank you! I'll do my best!"

It was going to be hard, but Wheat had to come up with something good, something that demanded attention.

"Well Flax, that's Jubilee and Starflower," Mojo explained with a smile, "Good ol' Wings can play any instrument and can sing like a blinkin' birdie too! As for Star, she's cool. She could play a tamboreen or bongos if we need her to. Ya know a drum player? That's groovy! Sure we can swing by Stirrup Street, anywhere ya wanna go, pal! The more swingin' dudes and babes we can get for our band, the more far out we'll sound! I can dig it!"

Upon hearing Flax's second question, the Paint stallion nods and smiles.

"One step ahead of ya, chum! Already swang by me folk's place and they let me have all the extra instruments they had. We're ready to ease on down the road anytime you and Wheat's ready! You can both ride on me wagon if ya like, more than enough room."

• 2 weeks later...

Flax hopped over to the wagon, assuming he was going to help pull. "We can pull together. Wheat, you can ride in back. Oh, and while you're back there, give us a sample of your singing voice." Flax was so excited he wanted to get to Ponyville as quickly as he could.

"Mojo, you said you have a way of getting in touch easily with that Starbilee friend of yours?"

Wheat hopped into the cart as Flax and Mojo pulled. She was eager to meet Mojo's friends; finally, more like-minded ponies.

"Oh, and while you're back there, give us a sample of your singing voice."

Wheat nodded at Flax's suggestion. "All right, let's give this a try!"

She thought about what she wanted to sing. How would she sing? What would the message be? Well, world peace was their goal, so peace would be a good place to start. How to sing about peace though? Wheat liked to chant mantras, finding the repetition relaxing, opening her up to clarity and insight. Perhaps if her song was like a mantra it would get listeners to think about it some more. Yes! It was all coming together!

"I've got it!" she told Flax and Mojo. "Here's what I have..."

P-p-p-p-p-p-peace! P-p-p-p-p-p-peace! P-p-p-p-p-p-peace!♪

Wheat stopped and smiled. "What do you think?" she asked. "That ought to get them thinking!"

Mojo smiles as he listened to Wheat's singing voice while the Paint stallion and Flax pulled his peddler's wagon together,

"Ya have quite a marvy voice there, Miss Wheat! She sings like a bird, don't ya agree, Flax?" the hippie brony asked as they continued moving along, turning to speak to Flax Seed again. "I believe I can get me gal pal Jubilee here in a jiffy. If I'm judgin' the sun's position in the sky right, she should be out on her daily exercise flight. All I need ta do is send up one of me red flares skyward! She'll see it and come right to us! Need ta stop for half a mo' so I can set it up."

When Mojo brought the wagon to a stop and unhitched himself, he reached into the saddlebags he was wearing and brought out a small red cylinder. Flaring out the bottom so it could sit on the ground, the Paint Stallion produced a match, struck it on a nearby rock and lit the fuse. Seconds later, the bottom of the cylinder ignited, sending the tiny red rocket into the sky, it's flight marked by the red trail it left as it continued upward before exploding high above the ground.

"That rocket's really far out!" Mojo neighed, "and if good ol' Wings is up there, she'll follow the trail down and.."

Before he could finish his sentence, a white furred blonde Pegasus mare zoomed from the sky until she came to a smooth landing beside the hippie brony.

ypaJRs.jpgJulibee Flyer

"Hay Modge!" Jubilee neighed, "saw your signal, what's up?"

"Jubilee Flyer, meet me new friends Flax Seed and Wheat Grass, she's in the wagon."

"Hi Flax and Wheat! Great to meet you both!"

"All of us are plannin' to start a folk band and go tourin', wanna come along?"

"You bet I do! I love performing! What do you want me to do?"

"Come with us, Wings. We're headin' for town, by the by, do ya happen to know where Starflower is?"

"Last time I talked to her, she said she was staying in town. Said something about finishing up with a Royal Inspection of the hospital there!"

"Groovy! We'll catch up with her soon. Ride with Wheat Grass, Wings, bet you two will have a lot ta wrap about."

"Ok Modge," Jubilee said as she flew up and then lowered herself beside of Wheat Grass. "So Wheat, LOVE your mane, what's your secret?"

The voice coming from Wheat Grass as she gave a singing sample was borderline painful. The little tiny creatures within an earshot weren't sure if somepony had died, or if they were being hunted by an evil feral pony with an annoying voice complexion. In truth, it wasn't that bad, but Wheat wasn't winning any contests. But even to that, Flax couldn't help be totally convinced she was a great singer, just like he had convinced himself of that, about 20 seconds before he even latched himself onto the wagon's girth. "Wheat, that was totally awesome, so far out. You'll be our lead singer!"

Just then, a rocket launched straight up into the sky. Flax's eyes sunk as it scared him enough to gasp. "Great auras of the heavens! What is that?" When it exploded in the sky, Flax remarked on it's appearance. "Woah! It's like, a rainbow exploded in the sky. It's almost like the world has a heartbeat and the colors represent it's love for us." Flax's stare to the sky was odd and long. However, he continued walking, not immediately seeing the pegasus fly behind him into the wagon.

"Wheat, that was totally awesome, so far out. You'll be our lead singer!"

"Ya have quite a marvy voice there, Miss Wheat! She sings like a bird, don't ya agree, Flax?"

What blushed and smiled. "Really, you think so?" she asked. "I thought I should sing it like a mantra, but putting more rhythm into it so it'd be more like music. It's it just the grooviest?"

There was a sharp hiss, and Wheat was startled to see something shoot up in the air where it exploded into a burst of colour. Soon after, a white Pegasus mare came flying by, landing next to Mojo. She and Mojo exchanged words – it sounded like her name was Julibee Flyer – before she looked to the wagon.

"Hi Flax and Wheat! Great to meet you both!"

"All of us are plannin' to start a folk band and go tourin', wanna come along?"

"You bet I do! I love performing!"

Wheat watched Julibee with interest, wondering what her relationship with Mojo was exactly. He was one studly stallion, and Julibee was quite attractive herself with her yellow fluffy mane. Wheat wouldn't be surprised if they were a couple.

Julibee landed beside Wheat in the cart. "So Wheat, LOVE your mane, what's your secret?"

Wheat put on a friendly smile. "Thank you! That's our Goops-for-Stuff hair products. I brought some along if you'd like to try. I thought they'd be good for raising some funds for our trip."

She pulled an old bag out full of glass bottles with labels depicting various berries. Inside each bottle was the colourful, sludgy Goops, rough and hoof-made.

"Oh, that would be wonderful! Thank you, Wheat Grass," Jubilee neighed with glee. "Any friend of Mojo's is a friend of mine. He and I have been best friends for many years. We met by accident one day when I was still attending the Equestria School for Performing Arts. He taught me the ways of peace and calm, and I needed it since I was all stressed out about school. Good ol' Mojo's been like a big brother to me. When I have the chance, I like riding with him and Starflower when they travel to cities to sell his goods. So, you make mane care products? That's fantastic! Bet it all organic, isn't it?"

"We'll be in town in no time!" Mojo announced to the others as he continued to pull his wagon with Flax Seed. "With you helpin' me pull, Flax, we'll ease on inta town twice as fast!"

Soon, Mojo's peddler's wagon reaches the city. Seeing his 'usual spot' unoccupied, the Paint stallion pulls over into it and stops.

"We made dandy time reachin' our goal," Mojo said as he looked up to Julibee. "Hay Wings, when ya get the chance, could ya find Miss Starflower? You've got a good eye!"

"You got it, Mojo!" Jubilee neighed as she flapped her wings and began to fly upward. "Please excuse me, Miss Wheat Grass, I'll be right back when I find our friend!"

Flax ungirthed himself from the wagon and immediately started to explore Mojo's stash of instruments. He pulled out a tamborine with his mouth and started jiggling it around. When it clammered, he dropped it in astonishment. "That. Sounds. Amazing. It's like the air around me is cheering for the positive spirits that make the noise. Beautiful music!" He picked up the tamborine and placed it next to his bongos he was using before.

Walking around the wagon, he spotted the pegasus, and noticed that Mojo called her Wings. "So, Wings is your name? I always wondered, do your wings do anything productive like cook supper or mix natural minerals or anything like that?"

WWWXRbf.jpg

The town square had a bit more of a crowd than usual. This was the perfect time to offer to paint a few portraits for the citizens of Ponyville! It was a beautiful sunny day in Ponyville again, the kind of day Presteza could easily get into. Lucky for the mare she was making a killing today! After a few willing models she had met one who began humming a soothing yet catchy melody. It took Presteza only a few seconds to place what the song was and soon while she painted she began to sing along...

"Full moon~ sways, gently in the night of one fine day~

On my way~, Looking for a moment with my dear~

Full Moon~ waves, Slowly on the surface of the Lake~

You are there~, Smiling in my hooves for those years~"

The mare voice was soft and extraordinarily sweet sounding. Already she was drawing more of a crowd. her volume was excellent, her voice loud enough to be heard around the square and she had truly excellent pitch. soon she finished up her painting and once she went look at her model she noticed the now sizeable crowd behind her. After an awkward pause she laughed wryly,"Uh... if all o' ya want yer portraits done than yer gonna have ta go one at a time..."

"Bet it all organic, isn't it?"

Wheat nodded with pride. "All ingredients grown at the farm and hoof-fashioned! It's difficult work, but that's how you feel the love and care that went into it."

She couldn't help take a whiff of it as she opened a bottle for Jubilee to try. A wildflower mane conditioner.

When they reached Ponyville, Flax was admiring Mojo's instruments.

"Please excuse me, Miss Wheat Grass, I'll be right back when I find our friend!"

Wheat nodded and waved her hoof to Jubilee. "May your search be swift!" she told her.

It was that Wheat began to hear something:

"Full moon~ sways, gently in the night of one fine day~

On my way~, Looking for a moment with my dear~

Full Moon~ waves, Slowly on the surface of the Lake~

You are there~, Smiling in my hooves for those years~"

Singing. Wheat's ears perked up at once. That song, so sweet and melodic! She sat listening for a moment, swaying in time to the beat. When it ended she hopped out of the cart and joined Flax and Mojo. "I'm going to have to go a long way before I sound that good," she told them. "Want to go see what's happening?"

As she hovered upward before departing from the group, Jubilee heard Flax Seed's question.

'No Mr. Flax, my name is Jubilee. Mojo can call me Wings because he and I have been good friends for many years," the petite blond Pegasus mare said as she flew upward, heard Wheat Grass' blessing, and then flew off across the city. Meanwhile, Mojo's ears perked up as he heard Presteza's beautiful song. The face of the Paint stallion lit up when he heard Flax ask him to help investigate.

"Groovy! I'm with you all the way, Flax!" Mojo neighed as he followed after his new friend.

High above the town, Jubilee Flyer scanned below searching for the lanky periwinkle unicorn mare. After just a few minutes, she neighed with delight, spotting Starflower wearing her familiar stethoscope around her neck.

sml_gallery_475_9_55339.jpgStarflower

"STARFLOWER! HAY STARFLOWER!" Jubilee shouted as she flew downward and then hovered in front of her.

"Jubilee!" Starflower neighed, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm with Mojo. He and a few of his new friends want to start a band, are you interested?"

"Well, as you know, about the only instrument I can play is the tambourine,,"

"That's fine! Come with me, I'll take you to Mojo's wagon!"

"Excellent timing, Jubilee! I just finished my business here in town, I would be happy to join Mojo's group!"

The older unicorn mare galloped hard to keep up with the excited blonde Pegasus mare as she flew across the city in the direction of Mojo's wagon. But before they could reach it, they both spotted Mojo and Flax Seed walking towards the singing unicorn artist. Quietly, the two mares walked over until they were beside the hippie brony and his new friend.

It was like a sudden interruption of everything harmonious. All the area ponies looking into the direction of a yellow unicorn mare, as she sung a soft tune to her own delight. As she sang, she painted a portrait using a pony next to her as a model, probably interested in his own image in painted form. Flax was amazed. It was yet another pony of artistic talent! And while Jubilee was fetching yet another of Mojo's friends, this time without the use of gunpowder-filled projectiles, Flax took it upon himself to recruit his own as well.

Flax walked up to Presteza. "Like, whoa..." Flax stared at Presteza and her painting, but then looked at the model. "Whoa!" A little shaken, Flax felt sorry his immediate outburst and leaned on the model pony. "Sorry, but dude, you look just like that painting that mare is doing. Trippy!" Flax's eyes shook with vibrated concentration, as if all of his currently conjured thoughts had been jostled by the interpretation of what was going on around him. He then went to Presteza's side as she painted. "Um, Miss, I just want to say, I heard you singing from that wagon full of instruments over there, and um, like, I was just wondering, if it's ok with you, if you would like, like, to be our drummer."

• 2 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

Presteza was still putting the finishing touches on her work when Flax came over. Awesome, another pony had come over to enjoy her prodigious painting prowess! Already she was pretty proud of this piece, so allowing somepony else to look at her work and admire it would feel quite satisfying to her ego.

"Like, whoa...Whoa! Sorry, but dude, you look just like that painting that mare is doing. Trippy!"

"Hah, 'e already loves it!" thought the mare with no shortness of smug pride upon hearing hearing flax's first "whoa". When the stallion went over to her model her head gave a quizzical tilt accentuated by her peeking out from behind her canvas to see what he had to say to her model/client. It seemed the customer was just looking rather flatly at the earth pony but seemed to be a bit put off by the stallion's unusual... look. Soon Presteza waved him over and shouted,"Mister! I'm done!", the stallion walking over and then hoofing her a few bits,"thanks fer ya business, mate!" she said cheerfully. While the crowd around her began to buzz and chat about her singing, Presteza began packing up her things. Before she could slip away however, the strange pony approached her.

"Um, Miss, I just want to say, I heard you singing from that wagon full of instruments over there, and um, like, I was just wondering, if it's ok with you, if you would like, like, to be our drummer."

That was a rather unexpected question. The silver maned mare took a moment to think,"Uh... well I guess so... I have been practicin' my telekinesis so I suppose I could give it a shot..." she said forcing a slightly awkward smile.

Wheat followed behind Flax and Mojo. The singer, a tan Unicorn mare, was an artist too! How amazing to meet one with such an artistically-inclined soul. Before she could say anything though...

"Uh... well I guess so... I have been practicin' my telekinesis so I suppose I could give it a shot..."

Wheat blinked in surprise. Another member already? This was going better than she imagined. How many more would join? A vision came to her of an army of musicians, each playing a tune in their heart, totally discordant but joyful so it was a riot of art for the ears.

That would be something, she thought.

Wheat noticed a periwinkle Unicorn mare come trotting up to Mojo and Flax, a stethoscope swinging from her neck. Jubilee was with her. This must be the friend Jubilee mentioned. Wheat joined the mares and smiled. "Welcome back, Jubilee," she said. She turned to the Unicorn. "Is this your friend?"

"That sounds marvy, miss!" Mojo neighed to Presteza's agreement to join their band. "We're really gettin' a top notch group together!"

As the Paint stallion spoke, Jubliee returned with Starflower and the two mares heard Wheat's acknowledgement.

"Thanks Wheat, and yes, yes this is Nurse Starflower, another long time friend of mine and Mojo's! Star, this is Flax Seed and his life partner, Wheat Grass!"

"Pleased to meet all of you," the tall unicorn mare said with a smile. "And it's good to see you again, Mojo."

"It's groovy ta see ya again, babe! Glad you could join our band!"

"I've asked you several times NOT to call me 'babe,' but regardless, I do have some free time and would love to be a part of this new band Jubilee told me about."

"This is going to be the best band EVER! I can't wait to get started!" the airborne Pegasus mare neighed.

Presteza was a better singer than Wheat Grass on initial accounts. However, Flax hadn't really noticed that detail, despite it being the thing that brought his attention to the straw hat mare. And even if he did, he would be pressed to admit it. And his gut would have told him that Wheat makes a better signer by way of spirit. And Flax would defend that if he had to. So to him, Wheat was center stage.

The group seemed to gather more and more attention among themselves, so Flax decided to get the party rolling. "Mojo, you ready to set up? What are we going to do for a stage?"

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 3 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

The group seemed to gather more and more attention among themselves, so Flax decided to get the party rolling. "Mojo, you ready to set up? What are we going to do for a stage?"

While the other's continued to talk amongst themselves, Presteza continued to pack up her stuff. Since her canvas had already gone home with it's new owner and image painted upon it all she really needed to pack up was her collapsible easel. The young artist then slipped the now noticeably smaller easel into her bags and walked over to the group before giving a bow in greeting, "Nice ta meet all o' ya. I'm Presteza, The world's future greatest painter and potential Duchess."

The mare poked flax's shoulder a moment to get his attention, "Uh, maybe I should've asked this earlier but wot kinda music do ya guys play?"

Archived