Time is like a wheel, and like a wheel, it repeats...

Ashton

About Myself: Bronie, Furry, gamer, writer, programmer, web-developer, artist, lunatic, a little of everything

How I found Canterlot.com: originally, google, recently through a friend

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: (oh gawd, I need to save this, I must have typed it a hundred times...)

Growing up in the 80s, I was vaguely familiar of the original MLP, and so when G4/FiM came about I didnt think much about it and didnt really have any interset in the "30-minute mindless advertisement for little-girls toys" however a few close friends of mine said I should watch it, I declined, then my best-friend/ex-fiance told me I shoudl watch it, I still declined, After breaking down and reading the TVTropes page (iirc because it was linked on another one) and reading how G4 was made "to be everything the other (generations) were not" I finally, though begrudgingly, started watching.

At first my thought was 'eh, it's ok, not bad for kiddy fare' and I rolled my eyes a few times (practically *trying* to find a reason to turn it off) and I almost *did* turn it off when AJ said "we sho' do like makin new friends!" but Twilight's reaction and the flurry of puns kept me from hitting the button.

...Then I met Rainbow Dash...

Something clicked on a deeper level than I can explain, it was like seeing everything I Was and everything I ever wanted to be all in one. It was at that moment I knew I could never stop watching (though untill 'winter wrap up' --- I love musicals --- I didnt consider myself a bronie. At that point it was official that I'd plunged off the deep end)

My favourite main cast pony/s: Rainbow Dash
I can probably count the number of you that remember me on one hand, though it would likely take three to count the number who hate me.

For those who remember me, yes, I came back despite leaving for both a number of good reasons and a number of stupid reasons. If you were one of the stupid reasons, I sinceerly appologize. If you were one of the good reasons... well... I'm back in spite of you! :P (and both groups know who they are...)

Anyway, for the rest of you, Pony fanatic since S2 rolled around (ironically it took a monumental effort of people to get me to watch the show) since then I've been Reading/writing fanfics, RPing, drawing comics, and even worked short-term on a MLP-themed Minecraft server and a standalone video game as well as some animations. I actually started my pony journey here and likely will be here till the end since it seems this is one of the few forums with the power not to fade away.

Sadly, I doubt I'll be doing any RP here. I have had several failures in my past that have made me realize that despite my love for a certain pony and how much I can relate to her, that I obviously do not have what it takes to actually play her. (and if I cant play the pony that I relate to like 95%, then any other pony is a lost cause...)

So... yeah, Hello to most of you and Hello again to the few that still remember me!

Welcome back, Ashton. Also, there is a new roleplay area that may suit your needs a bit better than WoE did. Canterlot Chronicles is a bit more adventerous and even has its own cast listing.

Nice to see you steel, and sorry we never did that RP we'd talked about before ;)

I glanced at it, I dont know... lot of things to think about.

Hiiiiiiii again! As you've noticed, things have changed a bit!

Eh, the More things change, the more things stay the same... *looks on all sides of you* now where's the real rose? Your too calm and sane, where are you hiding her? ;)

Nice to see you steel, and sorry we never did that RP we'd talked about before ;)

I glanced at it, I dont know... lot of things to think about.

Eh, the More things change, the more things stay the same... *looks on all sides of you* now where's the real rose? Your too calm and sane, where are you hiding her? ;)

She not only runs things, but she has the power to turn you into a magical girl and then you can help her fight entropy. Long story, just sign the contract.

And you should give CC a real shot. It has pirates and the whole shebang of fun stuff.

Welcome back Ashton.

Welcome back Ashton!

Thank you both, It's nice to see such a warm welcome-back ^_^

She not only runs things, but she has the power to turn you into a magical girl and then you can help her fight entropy. Long story, just sign the contract.

Is it bad that taking that out of context I still like the idea? ;)

And you should give CC a real shot. It has pirates and the whole shebang of fun stuff.

I looked at it, I dont know, I didnt see a lot of sold info about the ratings and stuff... That was one reason I stopped RPing here originally (the others, well... some of them were not my best choices and I regret them...) I did notice that none of my 3 canons favorites were taken, but I dont know if I'm really good enough to RP them... (of course that's kidna moot since they're unavalible) and MY RPs have never seemed very popular for osme reason... *sigh* yeah... lot of emmotional baggage... I'm open to the idea though *awkward smile*

What is your Skype again? It is easier to tell you all the things there. In the meantime, here are CC's rules.

I'm 95% sure your still on mine if I jsut remember to turn it on once in a while x_x

also I looked at that... no mention of Super-G, G, PG, PG-13, "we're gonna say it's PG-13 even if it soemtimes reaches into R", etc... in fact I looked around and had a very hard time finding anything about the site rating at all... x_X

Right now in general the site is 13+.

And I don't think you're on my Skype since I tend to purge inactive contacts.

*blink blink* wow, quite a change from the old super-g-rated site... at least I wont feel quite as timid here, I'm always nervous on G-rated sites because I tend to slip up and say or imply things I shouldn't... (and even worse in RPs...)

I'll PM you, I dont post my skype publically after more than a few incidents... I actually ended up having to change names...

Welcome back! ;)

Wow, I see who took my place as the official RD fanatic after I left... even I wasn't that presumptuous... I feel very... humbled? no, I'm still a plothole but there's nothing I can do, so I'll conceed defeat.

None the less, thank you for the welcome-back.

Wow, I see who took my place as the official RD fanatic after I left... even I wasn't that presumptuous... I feel very... humbled? no, I'm still a plothole but there's nothing I can do, so I'll conceed defeat.

None the less, thank you for the welcome-back.

Nah, I actually still prefer Rarity... :D

I just seem to go through a lot of changes these days and I have no control of any of it. It's kind of confusing, but the power of Rosewind is absolute. :P

Oh Ash, things never change. It's dismal, really. I lament the issue.

Um, ok... dont recognize the name, but... yeah... sorry I apparently spoiled your day by returning... but that gives no excuse to speak in broken engrish :P lol

Nah, I actually still prefer Rarity... :D

I just seem to go through a lot of changes these days and I have no control of any of it. It's kind of confusing, but the power of Rosewind is absolute. :razz:

I have no idea what your talking about, but the fact you have enough ego to rejoin as dash makes you more of a fit than me, so I bow and conceed... I will focus on somepony else, I've been out-dashed T_T

Um, ok... dont recognize the name, but... yeah... sorry I apparently spoiled your day by returning... but that gives no excuse to speak in broken engrish :P lol

Everyone knows me, they just might not realize it. And it wasnt an insult, it was an observation on time's regrettable nature.

I have no idea what your talking about, but the fact you have enough ego to rejoin as dash makes you more of a fit than me, so I bow and conceed... I will focus on somepony else, I've been out-dashed T_T

He didn't rejoin. Rosewind changed his destiny. She does that a lot. You can look at his username history in his profile.

Everyone knows me, they just might not realize it. And it wasnt an insult, it was an observation on time's regrettable nature.

Nope, sorry, not unless it's from someplace more obscure like tumblr, I think you have the wrong crazy.

yes, your saying it's regretable that I returned. and while I'm sorry you find it regretable, I strangely dont feel the urge to leave due to it ;)

Welcome Back, Ashton!

:D:D:D

Hullo! Good to see another familiar face. Seems there are actually more here than I realized :D

He didn't rejoin. Rosewind changed his destiny. She does that a lot. You can look at his username history in his profile.

If she thinks's he's worth of that, then I feel ground into the dirt. wow. even back when I was the single most knoledgeable about RD on the site neitehr she nor I felt I deserved that name. screw conceeding, I bow before his encyclopedic knoledge... (no, that's not being a plothole, I can practically recite every single line Dash has had, name every instance (forgreoung and background), name all the animation errors (mostly mane/tail colors but a few times layers didnt stretch or attach right or frames were skipped (especially in wing cycles)) etc, so... yeah... he is obviously a RD GOD! *bows*)

Also, loved the "changed his destiny" instead of "gave him that title" lol

Hubris is blinding you a tad. I really am commenting on time, not some obscure existential relationship of its passage or lack thereof concerning your return. And I most assuredly know to whom I am speaking. I did, after all, participate in your little website project following your exodus.

Hubris is blinding you a tad. I really am commenting on time, not some obscure existential relationship of its passage or lack thereof concerning your return. And I most assuredly know to whom I am speaking. I did, after all, participate in your little website project following your exodus.

Just so you know, a small part of me hates you for constantly changing username/avi because it confuses us stupider members... x_x Thanks to some help from another member, I know that I knew you as Aria (or maybe Aeris) so,,, yeah, Hi then!

RainbowDash's username will be something else in a week or so, just watch!

O_o ...I am... even more confused... especially with letting a mod do that since it will make it harder for members with a legitimate problem to contact him... but... I dont question it... Just please dont let him copy currently active usernames... I'm not sure my sanity is stable enough to handle a second member named "Ashton" x_x

Archived