What do you think about Discord?

Do you like him more as an evil spirit of chaos or you like his new personality more?

Well his friendship with the Fluttershy is adorable but I somehow miss that good old Discord.

What about you? :)

But on the other hand. Maybe it's best.

If he would appear too much he could loose that what makes him so cool.

Thanks for reacting to this post. :)

Discord is a very amusing character. I think he really adds a lot to the show when he appears and I tend to look forward to his episodes.

I actually prefer him since his reforming. He's less predictable this way. Return of Harmony is a good episode, but it's never been an absolute favorite of mine. He was an amusing, rather silly villain, but at the end of the day it was all a little evil, sink the world into chaos simplicity for me. He was fun, but light on any kind of real menace as a villain. If you take away the simplicity, the evil complete chaos, he becomes more interesting as a character I think. Now his motives are more unpredictable and I think he comes across as a little more interesting.

I'm kind of unsure how he might have changed now though. After the finale, it seemed as if he might have been reformed even further. I don't want to see him lose his unpredictable, not entirely nice edge that was still on such clear display as he trolled his pony friends in Three's a Crowd and princess Twilight Sparkle. I have confidence he'll stay fun, but I think we likely lost any possibility of him snapping back the other way after that, which takes away some of the mystery. Now he'll likely only act in his friends interest. Though, of course, that can be fun too.

He is difficult to place, though I have to say when he acts his nature he is very humorous, though I find his brand of chaos to be more on part of antics and jokes that. Still its nice to see that he can be somewhat trusted to not go messing things up. At least for now.

But if he makes Fluttershy cry again Im gonna make him into a pair of Discord skin boots.

I don't mind him being reformed...

I like him anyways.

But they have to make him and Q meet together and be like "wtf!" when they realize they have the same voice and character attributes.

Then they work together.... DOUBLE THE CHAOS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

In the beginning I thought Discord was a great villain as I was always a fan of the unpredictable enemies that were less of a physical threat and more of the evil genius or crazy prankster type. People like The Joker and The Riddler from Batman come to mind. Discord could easily manipulate things and almost brought the Elements of Harmony to ruin twice (once when Princess Celestia and Luna had them with his seeds of Discord and once with the Mane 6).

Now that he's reformed, he still is chaotic and has not left his pranking ways completely. As we saw in the finale he is also prone to slipping back to his darker ways.

So I welcome seeing him in future episodes as we see how his relationship evolves with the Mane Six.

While not a major issue for me, I would rather they have left Discord (and Trixie for tha matter) as villains. Discord would have made a wonderful counterpart to celestia and a source of strife while he plotted to take over equestria either through his own actions or by creating/freeing/etc a MotW (I actually had several FFs where he did this...)

I was disappointed in the 'current' or 'middle' version of discord because it felt like he was struggling, like a square peg slammed into a round hole. (And now it's obvious that it was intentional) when he appeared in PTS I was hoping for him to become a Trickster Mentor... and they had a perfect opportunity in his next episode "Why twilight, tell me, don't you think this whole adventure has made you much closer to cadence than just going to a boring museum would have?" sadly they didn't...

I'm very interested to see where this goes though, especially now that there's a clear hint of possible romance between discord and celestia... Of course this could also be a catalyst to turn him back evil for one last time before he's removed from the show ("You betrayed me... AGAIN! AGAIN!!!!")

So, while I don't really like what happened, I've accepted it and found things to look forward to --- since we know the FiM team don't add ANYTHING without meaning....

I go on this other website and there's this guy who loves 3 things: Legend of Zelda, Discord, and Discord. LOL Anyways, I like the evil one better because he really trolled Twilight and that was music to my ears. Discord happened to be my 2nd favorite villian, cuz who can't love Nightmare Moon? Though Discord still deserves the trollface meme on his face, he's definitely epic and the creators of My Little Pony are genius for coming up with such a terrifying work of art. LOL So, to answer your question clearly. The old Discord.

I absolutely LOVE Discord! I do miss his old ways, but I also love his little tricks and magic he uses now. I also love the fact that his chaotic magic is different from any pony magic. He's amazing in my opinion, one of my favorite odd-ball characters of My Little Pony.

Discord reminds me of Him from PPG > Silly and Questionable, but the evil intentions are as pure as a black hole.

My thoughts: Even though Discord is reformed in a way, and whatever happens between Celestia and him in season 5; deep inside his heart, he still has evil intentions as shown in the season finale. I think no matter what they do to him to keep him as he is, a little spark of evil and pure chaos will always be there.

Archived