The Canterlot Bohemian Club (Interest check and sign-up)

Informally known as "The Low Society," the Bohemian Club has long had its headquarters in the Veiled Garden pub south of the University. Its membership and clientele largely consists of painters, writers, musicians, singers, journalists, and other impecunious scoundrels. It is about as disreputable as social scenes get in this town without being actively criminal, but if you don't mind the company, you're almost always in for a good time...

~***~

So! It's been a while since I actually started a thread in WOE, so I figured I'd start this one up. This is essentially a way of expanding the social circle of one of my first characters, Earth Writer, right after I finished his revamp.

As a journalist, he would be a new member of the club, there mostly to see if there were any new or interesting talents worth some space in the paper. All ponies of artistic talents and ambition are welcome as members of the Bohemian club, and in many cases, talent may be done without.

Otherwise, you're always welcome as a paying guest at the Veiled Garden. You never know who might show up...

@zoebel: I was kind of assuming that they would be adults, considering the sort of place and reputation the Bohemian club has. I suppose Foals might be let in, under supervision, if you really want to have one of your younger characters in it.

I will bring in my Canterlot unicorn mare, Fuchsia Blooms. She would be a guest at the Veiled Gerden, and not a Bohemian Club member, though. The main attraction for her would be the music; she does love to dance.

Back when I actually used to play instruments, (I had to fill up my schedule back in highschool since I literally finished everything required within two years.) Our instructor had forced us to learn three instruments. One was what we specialized in, and the other two were something we swapped to in the middle of a song. I specialized with the trombone, but learned the Sax and Violin.

I was certified for RP recently and was looking for a good RP to get started on, and I feel like this could be a good one to begin with. My OC Moonshield is an astronomer, but also enjoys art and writing based on what he sees in the sky, so that seems like a good qualification. :P

We can have him come in as a probationary member, perhaps; he would have to publicly display and defend his art in front of the club as part of the application, if you like. Otherwise, sure! The club's not too picky, as you may have been able to tell.

I confess to being rather tempted to throw A.K. Yearling in here. She doesn't really have time for high society during those few times per year she's in town, so low society could do very nicely for her. :pathfinder:

@Metal Brony: At this point, you would probably just have to set up a display in the corner somewhere, and I can have an NPC call attention to it from the stage.

@Bellosh: Hm, interesting...

Archived