Foals at Heart [OPEN 1 SLOT]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there still a slot open in this? There are a couple of ponies I have that have decent excuses to have been in P-ville.

This is kind of belated, but as far as I know there is still one adult-turned-foal slot open in the RP. You might need to PM moonshinetheleocat directly though, I don't think he checks this thread that often.

Also, just to let everyone know, I've gotten permission for Inkbrand and Applejack to temporarily post out of turn while Inkbrand works on her tattoo. It'll only be for one or two posts each, not for very long. It's just so we don't have to wait full posting cycles just for Inkbrand to give Applejack a tattoo (similar to Inkbrand's parlor thread, if anyone here is familiar with it).

Hawkeye, if you want me to hold off posting so that you can respond with September let me know. Otherwise I'll make a post soonish.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably should've mentioned this in a post somewhere, but Inkbrand uses brushes to do his tattooing, not needles. He literally paints the tattoo onto the skin - it's why he needs to lay groundwork with the enchanted massage oil first, and why his inks are also enchanted. It's not painful in the slightest. 

The post isn't going to be edited, so everyone just please ignore references to pain and needles and dotting in the inking process. As I said before and on his profile, Inkbrand uses enchanted paintbrushes and ink to do his tattooing - not freaking needles. The process is painless.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a temporary tattoo, as stated in the post. Along with him using a paintbrush, not a needle.

Maybe we should think about bringing this RP to a close. There doesn't seem to be an interest in continuing it, and I personally like seeing RPs end rather than die out. That also gives RPers definitive 'canon' on what happens in the course of the entire thread.

My approach has always been to refer to a given thread as vaguely resolved in future posts.  That way you can move past a slow or inactive thread, but still come back to it if interest picks up at some point.

I'm also not sure if enough people are still paying attention to properly conclude the thread.  (I've been waiting on someone else to post for a while now.)

I do the same, but generally I still like having RPs end in a definitive fashion. I've RPed with characters who referenced unfinished RPs, but came to a vague but different conclusion to the thread than I did, which in turn was used against my own character.

As for this particular thread, a magically induced problem can be easily resolved with the same. Like Tacobob mentioned, the magic could just wear off naturally, reverting them all back into adults. Or Twilight could make a brief cameo, having tracked down the group of foals spotted within town, and fix the problem she started. A messy ending sure, but since there's not a lot of people paying attention to the thread, it's not going to end anyways. May as well just rip-off the band-aid, so to speak.

Hmm, can't say I've ever run into that, the most I've seen is vague references to things, usually limited only to a given character's thoughts.

In that case, given where the thread is at now I think the most likely outcome is that the magic wears off after a little while.  Even if another character was responsible and ultimately undid the effect, since such a character isn't in the thread itself the characters in the thread would probably see it that way anyways.

Maybe we can compromise, and agree on that as the end point but not yet end the thread?  Just in case there's renewed interest in getting it to a proper end point.

We could do that, though if that does end up happening, I'll probably pull Inkbrand out anyways. I tend to do that with any RP that is dead, rather than have my character stay there - on the off-chance the thread does become active again, I don't want to have to backtrack in my character writing and development. My character(s) have moved on, formed different relationships, developed more personality. I hate having to backtrack and think, "ok, what was my character like a year ago" just to partake in an older RP.

In any case, I asked moonshine, and he agreed it might be a good idea to let the RP end. Not sure what he wants to do though, or how he wants to do it, so I'll leave that to him.

Yeah, it's probably time to start closing down the RP. So, the spells will actually slowly start to wear off. You are free to have it wear off as quickly or slowly as you like if you feel like continuing a personal section of the rp. Otherwise this RP is now closing down.

Cool beans, sounds good to me. Well, for the group Inkbrand's in, I can wait for posts from Razor, Fire Walker, and JavaSun. Or I can go ahead and post, though there's not really a lot for him to do since he's not affected by the age-altering magic.

Archived