I've had a horrible realization...

FrankT

I just got done watching Z-Squared's review of Double Rainboom, and I have to say... I have to agree with him and many others in the fanbase. Not even the animation can save DR from being one of the worst fan animations I have ever seen in my life. I mean, looking at it now from another viewpoint, it's horrifying! Rainbow Dash causes damage on a WIDE scale and gets away with it, just like in "Tanks for the Memories"! Not to mention the flanderizing and childhood destruction and the LIES! God only knows how all that evaded my nose at the time! Why didn't I catch it?! I... well, now I know why it was taken down. BECAUSE IT WAS BAAAAADDDDD.

I dunno. I don't think I've ever seen anything Rainbow Dash centered that I actually really liked. Even the episodes in the show.... I enjoy them, but it never changes the fact that I think Rainbow is dumb.

Maybe that's just me. I despise arrogance, and Rainbow's tactics when facing a problem just go against everything I deem as common sense.

As for SnowDrop. That's just a bunch of kids being jerks for the sake of having the audience feel sorry for a pony. No real reason for that. Equestria isn't a perfect place, but the residents aren't typically all blatanty evil.

Buh. The only thing that could ever redeem a poor story is... Nothing. The writing is everything.

No offense to all the creators and their hard work, but I still wonder why they would jump onboard something that is poorly written.

I should really structure my posts better. I feel like what I just typed makes no sense o3o

*posts anyway*

I dunno. I don't think I've ever seen anything Rainbow Dash centered that I actually really liked. Even the episodes in the show.... I enjoy them, but it never changes the fact that I think Rainbow is dumb.

Maybe that's just me. I despise arrogance, and Rainbow's tactics when facing a problem just go against everything I deem as common sense.

As for SnowDrop. That's just a bunch of kids being jerks for the sake of having the audience feel sorry for a pony. No real reason for that. Equestria isn't a perfect place, but the residents aren't typically all blatanty evil.

Buh. The only thing that could ever redeem a poor story is... Nothing. The writing is everything.

No offense to all the creators and their hard work, but I still wonder why they would jump onboard something that is poorly written.

I should really structure my posts better. I feel like what I just typed makes no sense o3o

*posts anyway*

no offence to you but I find it funny you have a skootaloo picture while you say "rainbow dash is dumb" even though I kinda agree  

no offence to you but I find it funny you have a skootaloo picture while you say "rainbow dash is dumb" even though I kinda agree

lel, the main reason I have this pic/gif of Scootaloo is because it's adorable.

However, as far as I know, Scoots doesn't really know Rainbow Dash's dumber sides, all she really sees are the awesome performances that Rainbow does. Aside from Dash telling Scootaloo that she too was afraid of the stories at first, I don't think Scoots really knows how much of a mess Rainbow is behind her mask of pride.

Also, Scoots is young, of course she's gonna look up to the one that she sees as the best flier in Equestria, especially when she still dreams of flying on her own someday.

I dunno. There ae plenty of other things to say, but I'mma just leave it at this: Scoots is 20,000% cooler than Rainbow.

Not to mention that the pacing was terrible, it was filled with stupid memes, and the story itself was a bad crossover fan fic... the animation itself was great though.

On a scale of 1 to 4, the highest is the rarest.

1. Poor animation. Poor Execution.

2. Poor animation. Great execution!

3. Great animation! Poor execution.

4. Great Animation! Great Execution!

It's just so rare to see great animations with great executions. It's really hard to do.

Oh trust me, there are FAR worse fan animations... discounting the crossover bit, the story is atleast semi-reasonable... and the animation isn't bad... go look at something like the Rise of the Elements of Insanity... now that's crazy (though animation quality is arguable if you like 3D ponies)

As for DR... If you discount the crossover part (yes I hated that) I felt it wasn't _that_ bad. Sure it wasn't as good as what we get from the official source, but I thought it was close enough for a fan animation. Also, it's not like ponyville isn't destroyed every 5th episode or so by one terror or another, I think they probably have something like Twilights "failsafe spell" that just restores the town to normal.

I will say there were some shortfalls... they needed to do better work with the audio tracks - sometimes the sound FX were almost silent, while other times they drowned out everything else, same goes for the voices and the background music. Personally I would have found it decent if they'd just cut after the double-rainboom to dash having a sprained/broken/whatever wing and having to face the trouble she caused... the crossover bit destroyed it for me though (even if it was rather funny in it's own way, I'm NOT a fan of crossovers in 90% of cases...)

However, as far as I know, Scoots doesn't really know Rainbow Dash's dumber sides, all she really sees are the awesome performances that Rainbow does. Aside from Dash telling Scootaloo that she too was afraid of the stories at first, I don't think Scoots really knows how much of a mess Rainbow is behind her mask of pride.

"We put our heroes on pedestals, but a single blow can shatter the hollow foundation and bring our heroes down to look us in the eye" - Alexander Knight

Dont get me wrong, I love Dash, but I agree she could do with slowing down and thinking things through a bit better... I can think of a half-dozen times off the top of my head when she rushed into things and thus did something really stupid that could have been avoided... And I think scootaloo is just too blinded by her obsession to see all the stupid things dash does (or is just conveniently not around to witness it)

Just because someone idolizes Justin Bieber, does not in fact make them Justin Bieber

Oh come on QuickLime  :razz:

Surely you can see that it was funny to them to see someone with a Scootaloo picture not wholly in love with Rainbow Dash.  :)

It's like someone with the most adorable Fluttershy profile picture ever saying Fluttershy is worst pony. Which she isn't.  :artax:

Oh come on QuickLime  :razz:

Surely you can see that it was funny to them to see someone with a Scootaloo picture not wholly in love with Rainbow Dash.  :)

It's like someone with the most adorable Fluttershy profile picture ever saying Fluttershy is worst pony. Which she isn't.  :artax:

OBJECTION! 

That's actually a illogical comparison!

Let's look at the facts hn?

-taps paper-

Yes, Scootalo idolizes Rainbow Dash, as she herself has goals of flying, but Scootaloo has her own friends, her own hobbies, and her own unique cutie mark, now the comparison doesn't work,

If the Poster had a picture of Rainbow Dash, and said they didn't like Rainbow Dash, that would make sense, but

-slams hands on desk before pointing-

SCOOTALOO ISN'T RAINBOW DASH!

A more logical comparison is having Sweetie Belle as your display picture and claiming RARITY isn't  best pony!

(*Phew* Not going to comment on the FLuttershy thing)

OBJECTION! 

That's actually a illogical comparison!

Let's look at the facts hn?

-taps paper-

Yes, Scootalo idolizes Rainbow Dash, as she herself has goals of flying, but Scootaloo has her own friends, her own hobbies, and her own unique cutie mark, now the comparison doesn't work,

If the Poster had a picture of Rainbow Dash, and said they didn't like Rainbow Dash, that would make sense, but

-slams hands on desk before pointing-

SCOOTALOO ISN'T RAINBOW DASH!

HOLD IT!

No one was ever making the comparison that Scootaloo was Rainbow Dash. You're grasping at straws.

The evidence clearly shows that what was being made fun of was the fact that someone that likes a character does not like that character's idol.

more logical comparison would be like someone that has a profile picture of the superhero sidekick Robin saying that Batman is the worst superhero ever.

-snickers, feeling proud of myself-

So, unless you have anything else?

HOLD IT!

No one was ever making the comparison that Scootaloo was Rainbow Dash. You're grasping at straws.

The evidence clearly shows that what was being made fun of was the fact that someone that likes a character does not like that character's idol.

more logical comparison would be like someone that has a profile picture of the superhero sidekick Robin saying that Batman is the worst superhero ever.

-snickers, feeling proud of myself-

So, unless you have anything else?

TAKE THAT!

The topic of discussion is not that Scootaloo is Rainbow Dash, the discussion was  the fact the user has Scootaloo  in their picture, and yet does not like Rainbow Dash.

It is perfectly possible to NOT like Batman, but still find Robin a  compelling character, as he stars in many of his own things, such as Teen Titans (The good one) and Young Justice, Therefore the comparison only works more in my favor.

-Slams hand on desk -

In closing, the OP can like Like one character, tied to another character, without liking said character they are tied to, and there is nothing odd about it, and certainly not something one should mock or prod them about!~

TAKE THAT!

The topic of discussion is not that Scootaloo is Rainbow Dash, the discussion was  the fact the user has Scootaloo  in their picture, and yet does not like Rainbow Dash.

It is perfectly possible to NOT like Batman, but still find Robin a  compelling character, as he stars in many of his own things, such as Teen Titans (The good one) and Young Justice, Therefore the comparison only works more in my favor.

-Slams hand on desk -

In closing, the OP can like Like one character, tied to another character, without liking said character they are tied to, and there is nothing odd about it, and certainly not something one should mock or prod them about!~

-looks away in disappointment-

I can see when I've been beaten. I concede to the better.

Archived