Year-long Hiatus?

VGAddict

I believe people are misinterpreting DeLancie's post. I saw a panel with Jason Thiessen at the last pony convention I was at and he said that from start to finish an episode takes approximately a year to produce. They run it like an assembly line, going from writing to voicing, storyboarding, design, animating, scoring and editing before it ends up in the can, about eight weeks before it airs. Since voicing is one of the first steps, I think DeLancie was commenting on the fact that what he has recently recorded isn't going to air for approximately a year. I don't think it has to do with the length of the hiatus between seasons. At least I hope not. The last one was almost a year and that was hard enough. Then they put another one in in the middle.

Yeah... this is ridiculous. Also it's BS.

There seems to be a contradiction.

During some Hasbro "conference call" Equestria Daily reported that Hasbro knew it was bad to have the one-year hiatus and that it wouldn't happen again.

Then we get this.

So I guess Hasbro didn't learn their lesson?

:roll:

Yeah... this is ridiculous. Also it's BS.

There seems to be a contradiction.

During some Hasbro "conference call" Equestria Daily reported that Hasbro knew it was bad to have the one-year hiatus and that it wouldn't happen again.

Then we get this.

So I guess Hasbro didn't learn their lesson?

As said, DeLancy isn't an authority, perhaps He just got done recording voice work, and to got told making the episode takes a year.

Look, not that it actually matters... But it was probably a year from when he did the episode to when THAT EPISODE would air.

That said, are long hiatuses that bad? I mean really... The only reason why it was bad last time was the time it came back and the lack of advertisement. I personally don't care about waiting. If I'm keeping up with a show, a hiatus only means I have that time to watch other shows, or read books, or study or play video games from my immense backlog or do any number of other things. We live in a time of entertainment overload, and honestly, I only have so much time...

Then why is Hasbro contradicting themselves by stating that they learned their lesson with the previous one-year hiatus during that conference call and now we have this?

Then why is Hasbro contradicting themselves by stating that they learned their lesson with the previous one-year hiatus during that conference call and now we have this?

Unless DeLancie suddenly became a show runner or a Hasbro Exec, they really didn't contradict themselves. Everyone who seems to post this with "year long hiatus" (or similar) is blowing it way out of proportion. We really don't know if that is accurate, that is what he was told after finishing a Discord episode. That doesn't mean much, at all. He could have misunderstood. Chances are S6 episodes are mostly ready anyway. And there is a high possibility that they meant that it will be a year for his episode to air.

My recommendation is to sit back, kick your legs up and enjoy pony. Don't worry when more pony will come out, especially when you are getting your info from a guest VA and not someone constantly involved with the show or even remotely involved with airing or scheduling. We'll find out soon enough. 

Let's be honest, no one knows when season 6 will air. Even though members of DHX wouldn't be allowed to tell us anything, I'm pretty sure they don't even know how long the season gap will be. So why do we assume De Lancie knows better?  Of all the people that work on the show, the voice talent is often left in the dark much more than others.

I personally don't mind, I think the fandom has reached a gentle simmer and we're in a "so it goes" period. I was an ardent pony fan for a few years, but I've found other things to get interested in with my limited time. FiM will return, plus there's that movie coming out. Meanwhile we have a large number of episodes to rewatch, a strong community here, and a rich fan culture to indulge in at any time.

I never said I wouldn't wait.

I'm more concerned about Hasbro stating one thing and then going back on their word and doing the exact opposite.

I never said I wouldn't wait.

I'm more concerned about Hasbro stating one thing and then going back on their word and doing the exact opposite.

To put it more accurately, the person who runs the twitter account, the overlords at Hasbro's toy division, the Hasbro media CEOs, Meghan McCarthy, Jim Miller, Discovery Family's director of programming, and Hasbro's PR person, are all different people.  To think they will all say and think the same information is naive.  Don't look at this as "Hasbro's dishonest".  Think of it more as a large corporation that has much bigger fish to fry that to tell an insignificant fandom when their favorite show will have a season premiere.

To put it more accurately, the person who runs the twitter account, the overlords at Hasbro's toy division, the Hasbro media CEOs, Meghan McCarthy, Jim Miller, Discovery Family's director of programming, and Hasbro's PR person, are all different people.  To think they will all say and think the same information is naive.  Don't look at this as "Hasbro's dishonest".  Think of it more as a large corporation that has much bigger fish to fry that to tell an insignificant fandom when their favorite show will have a season premiere.

Even more accurately than that, none of those people actually made the tweet. It was hearsay from John DeLancie. Nothing more. There was no lying involved, they never actually said anything. 

Except during the Conference Call that was reported on Equestria Daily where they stated that they had "learned their lesson" from the previous year-long hiatus for the show.

All I'm doing is pointing out what I saw being reported on Equestria Daily.

That's all.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

That better?

:blush:

Archived