More Friends for My friends pls!

Zeig

I've given up controlling my urge to make OCs, so here are four more OCs that could use some planning. However, two of them aren't going to get much planning because they were both pretty reclusive growing up, so this thread will be more focused on the other two. As always, feel free to give me your own relationship ideas, either on this thread or through PMs!

Daahir N'em - Abada that was born and raised in Unyasi with his sister. Makes regular ventures into Zebra settlements, most notably Mti Nguvu, to trade and barter for supplies. Lives in the Brakenweald jungles. 

Lien Mei - A Qilin that spent her foalhood in a rural rice paddy village in the Far East, but moved to Whitetail Woods in her adolescence. Currently lives in Garden Gait and has only really visited pony cities once or twice. 

Riff Raff - A not-quite adult Diamond Dog whose pack lived in the Roundbottom Hills nearby Ponyville for a long while, but migrated to Gaberott in the middle of Raff's puppyhood. He's since moved back to the outskirts of Ponyville. 

Revenant - Born and raised in Trottingham as Northern Star, his family was fairly well-off and reflected such. North joined the REIN in his early adult years, until he grew disillusioned about Equestria's government and turned up MIA during a mission. He ended up joining WRAITH and currently serves as an Elite Operation within the organization.  

And for relationship ideas:

Foalhood friend (Mei, Raff, Reve) - As always, having a foalhood friend is a good relationship to have, though any potential friends have a few stipulations based on the character. For Mei, her foalhood friend need to either be another Qilin or a Whitetail Deer who lived in Whitetail Woods (or potentially another deer species, like a Peryton). Raff's friend would need to be another Diamond Dog, either from his pack or one from Gaberott. Reve's friend (he would have been known as North, back then) needs to be from Trottingham, or would have at least been able to visit Trottingham often. Friendships can either be entirely friendly or friendly rivalries (only for Mei and Reve).

Familial relationships (all) - I'm always open to other people apping family characters or having my characters be included in a family, especially sibling characters. But in the case of these four characters, their backstories are pretty integral into either their current situations or their character, so I'm not willing to change up their back stories too much. Daahir has a sister he's living with, and the other three have been specified as being the only child in their families, but the latter point can be easily changed if anyone is interested in apping a family member. The only stipulations would be that Raff is the youngest sibling in his family, Reve the oldest, and Mei could be on any end of the spectrum (but is probably the oldest).

Friendlies (Raff) - As he's currently just scavenging for food while he sits and waits for his rescuer to make an appearance, Raff could use someone in Ponyville who perhaps caught sight of him one day, questioned him a bit, and began making it a point to bring him food and other supplies every so often. Raff would undoubtedly be very grateful and loyal to this pony, considering them his good friend and probably following them around like a little puppy when able. We could even play the angle of Raff's overall affectionate nature being more than this pony bargained for, though Raff would remain completely oblivious. 

Procurer of supplies (Daahir, Mei) - Daahir, especially, would need someone to regularly trade with. In his case it would need to be with a Zebra, since he's not really comfortable interacting with other species on a regular basis. For Mei, she probably had to trade and buy gardening supplies to start up her greenhouse in Garden Gait. Tools, fertilizer, maybe some rare flower seeds, etc. This character would have had to have been in the vicinity of Garden Gait though - from Whitetail Woods through to Canterlot, as it's possible Mei could briefly travel to Canterlot for supplies every once in a while.   

Rescuer (Raff) - Raff became separated from his pack during a terrible storm, and was subsequently saved by a passing pony who I'd love to be a played character instead of just a NPC. The mare cared for Raff through the night, but became frightened the next morning by the howls of his Diamond Dog pack and left, leaving behind a blanket and stuffed toy that have been Raff's signature items. He moved back near Ponyville to try and find this pony, but no luck so far. This mare (or stallion, though if it's a mare Raff will most likely have a puppy crush on them) could be literally anyone, so long as it'd make sense for their character to look after a Diamond Dog pup in the middle of the woods (though if it's a mare, I'll probably be picky about who it is, because again, puppy love).

Mentor/Tutor (Mei, Reve) - Both Mei and Reve underwent some tutelage in their adolescent years, Mei for her aromatherapy practices and Reve for general schooling. In Mei's case, she learned a lot from the deer she lived with, but she most likely learned some of the finer points of botany from a deer or pony who specialized in that area of biology itself. Again, that deer or pony would have had to either lived in Whitetail Woods or Garden Gait, or simply stayed there for an extended period of time before moving on. Reve's studies were geared more towards general school stuff in order for him to do well, get into a good university, etc. It would just be interesting to have an older character able to reminisce on how much potential North had, how sad it was that he went missing, and potentially wonder what in the world went wrong to turn bright young North into sadistic and ruthless Reve if the two ever meet up.

Victims (Reve) - I didn't really give much thought to North's younger years, but I imagine he was something of a two-faced rapscallion, showing the face of a bright and promising young colt to the adults while being a blight to some of his peers. Maybe there are some ponies out there who were bullied or 'put in place' by Reve when they were younger - nothing exceedingly dramatic, but enough for them to be wary of or dislike the young colt. I'd also be open to recent or current victims of 'The Revenant', if anyone wants to plan some specific hurts that the WRAITH operative has inflicted upon them or their loved ones. 

Pack (Raff) - Just looking for general pack members Raff could have, maybe even the Alpha of his pack. They'd either have to have been a part of Raff's pack, or maybe even some Diamond Dogs from Gaberott, because Raff would probably start thinking of the general community of Gaberott as his pack even if they aren't part of his immediate pack that used to live in Roundbottom Hills.

Ex-partner/Squadmates (Reve) - Reve was part of the REIN before he defected, it'd make sense for him to have former partners that are either still in the REIN or retired to civilian life. This could also include the pony (ponies) that saved him from a collapsed building while the squad was on a recon mission, the same one that resulted in the scarring over Reve's left ear and neck. Reve would have been a pretty laid-back and charming guy, so the squad probably had positive interactions with each other, though members would have started to notice a change in Reve before he went MIA. 

Aaaaand, that's all I've got at the moment. Again, feel free to suggest your own ideas, I'm open to them!

3 hours ago, Zeig said:

Rescuer (Raff)

These suggestions are comprehensive and pretty interesting, although I don't think they match any of my existing chararacters unfortunately, except for that one.

I read Raff's app earlier, he's so cyute! :) I think that would be nice, it certainly fits Cyclone. She lives in Cloudsdale but moves in the surrounding area a lot too. She takes it upon herself to care for the wellbeing of others around her and protect them. She is a mother, so chronologically it makes sense a blanket and a stuffed toy would be things she'd get and have use for at the time that he got lost. Lastly, I intend to be pretty active with her, and knowing more characters always help with that! \o/

I'm sort of imagining Riff Raff like the Grunt to her Commander Shepard, if that makes sense? :blush:

7 hours ago, Eventide said:

I'm sort of imagining Riff Raff like the Grunt to her Commander Shepard, if that makes sense? 

*collects all the Yes's in the world and deposits them on Eventide*

That kind of sounds like a romantic declaration. "I'll be the Grunt to your Commander..." 

But seriously, I'd totally be down with it. And it's fine if she's active or if she isn't - a lot of these relationships are more for having an existing character for my own to reference rather than randomly naming NPCs instead. My own characters may or may not be all that active depending on who I want to prioritize first. I just feel that it's more immersive to be able to reference played characters~ 

In any case, I'm down for Cyclone being Raff's rescuer. Cloudsdale is near Ponyville if I'm not mistaken, so it would be entirely possible for Raff to have just assumed his rescuer is from Ponyville rather than stake out neighboring towns. 

My main character Swift Squall spent lot of time in Unyasi back when he was a mercenary. One of most...memorable events was when he was alone in this land jungles and got ambushed by Unyasi Manticore (which in my head-cannon is bigger and badder then it's Equestria equivalent). Swift killed the beast but his back was so horribly mangled that he was certain he will bleed to death. But he didn't because he was timely rescued. I never really specified  by whom really so Abada siblings could work here.

Later Squall became sort rebel leader, dealing with various mercenaries organizations that did whatever they wanted all over Unyasi. Swift himself was defector from one of those PMC's - Doing Things Done - after learning what they really did (smuggling valuable local medicine, envenoming inter-tribal conflicts, blackmail and providing weaponry among other things). Squall was avoiding visiting Unyasi ever since (guilt complex at work here) but now that he's part of the EPIC he may not have a luxury to choose.

For more detailed information here's a links to Swift Squall application and one for Dio's character Argyrus (who was on the other side of said conflict).

Can't promise I have time to RP these relationships out, but some ideas come to mind:

• Derpy Hooves: She'd be kind enough to provide "doggy treats" (AKA food) and other stuff to Raff.
  • Barley Mayberry: The Sheriff of Trottingham. He'd been an adult that would have been duped by younger Reve.
  • Ruffie: Diamond Dog pup who still lives in the general Ponyville area, and thus would know Raff.

I feel like Flicker Wick and Raff could have come across each other at some point as Flicker makes most of her living as a travelling scavenger. Perhaps on her nights in and around Ponyville she would supply him with food out of her pack while he helped her rummage around to find something good to sell? 

On March 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Ciraxis said:

-snip-

That's fine with me, though it would have been Daahir's (currently unnamed and unplayed) sister that would have been Swift's main rescuer and caretaker. Daahir more or less would have allowed it under his watchful supervision, and the two probably would have abandoned Swift as soon as they stabilized his condition enough for him not to be in immediate danger. After which they would have watched and hidden from him at a distance, just to make sure he gets out of the jungle and stuff. It that all works for you I'd be down for it. Up to you if Swift was conscious through any of it or if his injuries were basically so severe that he was knocked out for all the days they worked on him.

On March 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Bellosh said:

-snip-

These all work for me! Like I told Eventide, some of these ideas I would like to RP out in the future, but for the most part it's more about being able to reference played characters rather than generic NPCs. 

On March 9, 2016 at 3:41 PM, LunarDisplay said:

-snip-

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

-snip-

Both of these ideas work with me! I doubt a single pony could keep Raff constantly supplied with food and stuff, so having a couple of ponies willing to bring him some things every once in a while works out well for him. Just so long as they (and Derpy Hooves) are okay with the idea of not getting anything materialistic in return, because Raff wouldn't have anything to offer. He'd be more than happy to help out with manual labor stuff though, so in Flicker's case, yeah, I can see him paying her back by helping her out with her scavenging while she's in town!

I like the Foalhood Friend/ Mentor idea for Mei and my Peryton, Silverglade. Or Mei could visit the Peryton on the Velvet Strand for supplies. Silverglade is a character I havent used in a while, so it would be nice trying him again. 

Steam Metal wouldn't mind being a "procurer of supplies for Lian Mei". 

Her app is in my sig.  She used to live in Garden Gait with her family, and as a buisnessmare earning a portion of her wealth through investments.   It would make sense for her to occasionally visit her childhood home, as well as travel Equestria in hopes of finding more investment opportunities.  

On March 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Lux said:

-snip-

If Silverglade ventured to Whitetail Woods or around the Garden Gait area at some point, I can see them being friends and more like peers rather than a mentor/student relationship. Unless Silverglade was just extremely knowledgable at that young age (he's about the same age as Mei I think? A young buck while Mei is a young mare) I don't think Mei could have treated him as a mentor just because of their similar ages, even if she learned stuff from him. Like the way a friend might teach you something but you don't really consider them someone you need to call "sir" or "ma'am", if that makes sense. 

But they can still work out as friends if that works with you and Silverglade (the Velvet Strand is too far out of her comfort zone for Mei to have ever made a trip there). I think there may already be a foalhood friend in the works for Mei, but regular friends with Silverglade works out for me! 

2 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

-snip-

I can dig it! Maybe Steam Metal makes it a point to add some botany supplies to her investments as she's from a farming community, and Mei buys from her whenever she comes back for a visit. 

Would Rev be willing to put up with Dog? No better friends than the folks you work with, right? 

Also Id like to get Azalea in more threads. You think anypony you have up there might fit?

21 hours ago, Imagination said:

-snip-

Reve would alsolutely be willing to put up with Dog. I think he'd find his dull-witted and simple-minded personality endlessly amusing, to the point of him being sort of sadistic in the way he treats Dog. Like, I imagine he would subtly insult Dog from time to time, just because he knows he can get away with it without Dog understanding/realizing it. And at the same time, he wouldn't be able to help respecting Dog, because who doesn't respect a hulking mass of muscle that can pound your face in with a flick of the finger? 

But yeah, Revenant would most likely feel some sort of, older brother, maybe even protective affection for Dog, just because Dog is so slow, intelligence-wise. But at the same time act rather negative towards him in ways Dog most likely wouldn't understand or notice. Think you'd be okay with that for Dog? 

As for Azalea, I'm not entirely sure...I don't think she'd fit into any of the relationships for these particular characters, none of them have spent any significant time near or around large bodies of water. She could potentially be a victim of Reve's? Maybe he poisoned/polluted her home at some point - like, he sabotaged some government-supporting company, causing them to unintentionally dump waste into the ocean, or something like that. No one would have known it was his doing though, so that sort of relationship could only be used in passing reference (unless the two met up at some point and somehow ended up talking about it).

She possibly could have run afoul of Heartless at some point? He's in the habit of duping ponies in order to feed off of their Loving gratitude, then splitting. He's a mastermind at faking emotions, behaviors and disguises, so he could have literally been anyone Azalea came across that - a customer, a friend, even a coltfriend. His end goal would have basically been either kisses (as a coltfriend) or just enough Loving feelings from Azalea to give him a good meal before he split. There's also Lani, who is essentially my beach girl character. She's recently moved to Equestria and has begun exploring it, so it's possible she could have meandered over to Manehatten at some point and run into Azalea. Maybe spotted a seapony tangled in some leftover fishing net while she was out surfing and helped free her from it? Lani's really laid-back, downright lazy really, but a friendly kind of girl, so I think she and Azalea could have hit it off really well.

-end brainstorming session that was probably more than you wanted, lulz- 

I will say though, that none of these characters, save Reve and Mei, are really high up on my list of "priority" characters, so I have no idea if I'll have time to actually RP out a lot of this stuff. But it'd still be nice to have the relationships already planned out for if/when RP threads might follow!

Brainstorming is good!

Also I just noticed my last post autocorrected 'anypony' to 'Anthony'. Thanks Phone.

I'd be very okay with that for Dog! I think the two of them will get along swimmingly, which is wonderful!
... For them, anyway.

As for Azalea, I could give it a go with Reve or Heartless at some point if you're ever feeling particularly malevolent :!:

Also, it just occurred to me I may have a decent fit for Daahir. If you're looking for a supply guy, I have a zebra pirate named Woodstock. Aspired to be a shaman, but it didn't work out. Now he's a self-made alchemist! And he's a pirate, so if Daahir wants it, he'll get it. If his bits are good. And I'm sure Woodstock would be much more willing to cut a fellow Unyasi native a break on the price.

Or, since I see he's a forager, I'm sure trading/bartering is a very very real option for the two of them! Could work out great for the both of them.

On 3/10/2016 at 6:55 PM, Zeig said:

If Silverglade ventured to Whitetail Woods or around the Garden Gait area at some point, I can see them being friends and more like peers rather than a mentor/student relationship. Unless Silverglade was just extremely knowledgable at that young age (he's about the same age as Mei I think? A young buck while Mei is a young mare) I don't think Mei could have treated him as a mentor just because of their similar ages, even if she learned stuff from him. Like the way a friend might teach you something but you don't really consider them someone you need to call "sir" or "ma'am", if that makes sense. 

But they can still work out as friends if that works with you and Silverglade (the Velvet Strand is too far out of her comfort zone for Mei to have ever made a trip there). I think there may already be a foalhood friend in the works for Mei, but regular friends with Silverglade works out for me! 

Hmm... The Velvet Strand is in the Great Nimbusgait Lakes, but I suppose that Silverglade can venture from his home to Whitetail Woods. Maybe they can meet and who knows become friends? 

On March 12, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Imagination said:

-snip-

Woodstock works for me as a supplier for Daahir! And yes, bartering would work better since Daahir and his sister mostly live off the land - though they're currently trying to earn some bits so that they can travel across the seas, so maybe one or two of their trades each time is handled with bits. But yeah, that works for me!

And did you want to plan for something that has already happened to Azalea, or maybe save it for future RP fodder? Either way, corrupting the innocent is all in a day's work for two scoundrels! -thumbs up-

On March 12, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Lux said:

-snip-

So...do you want to just leave their relationship as blank for now and maybe have them meet up during a RP at some point? These threads are mostly for coming up with already established relationships, and the backstory for those relationships, so if Mei and Silverglade will be starting off without knowing each other then we don't really need to plan anything~ -nod nod-

Hmm... 

Yeah, if you're looking for already established relationships then maybe I'll have Silverglade meet Mei then since unless she met him at the Velvet Strand she wouldn't really know him before. 

Archived