batman movies poll!

Batman movies! (Counting the 60's series because there was indeed a movie based on it)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Batman?

• Michael Keaton, all around
    • Michael Keaton is a better Batman, but Christian Bale is a better Bruce Wayne.
    • Christian Bale all around.
    • I'm delusional, so Val Kilmer.
    • Adam West.
    • That other dude who was in ER that all the housewives thought was hot in the 90s.
  2. 2. Who is the best Joker

• Cesar Romero
    • Jack Nicholson
    • Heath Ledger
  3. 3. Who was the best catwoman?

• Julie Newmar
    • Eartha Kitt
    • Halle Berry
    • Michelle Pfeiffer
    • Anne Hathaway (pending)

Keaton as Batman and Bale as Wayne, definitely. Bale is just silly as Batman. If the animated options were here, I'd have definitely picked Kevin Conroy though. That guy's voice just made Batman awesome.

Ledger is the best joker for me. The other options are good too, but Ledger was just brilliant.

Catwoman... eh... I honestly haven't been blown away by a Catwoman yet. The Halle Berry film was atrocious and in the Burton film, I just remember the Penguin a whole lot more in that movie (though I haven't seen it in years now). Again, the best portrayal I can remember for what I think the character should be was in the Animated Series. I voted Ann Hathaway, mainly because I have a lot of faith in Christopher Nolan's film and the casting decisions they'll be going with. I obviously haven't seen her in the role yet, but I am very optimistic this might be the first Catwoman to really impress me.

The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies so of course Heath Ledger is my favorite(liveaction)Joker.

I'm curious what they are going to do regarding the Joker in this next movie. Is he going to be tucked away in Arkham the whole time or not mentioned at all?

Despite the cheesy campiness of the Adam West Batman show I like Eartha Kit's Catwoman. Just listen to that voice!

I was going to vote for Keaton all the way, but the more I thought, Bale did bring more to Bruce than Keaton. But Bale's Batman really annoys me. He sounds like he's got a throat full of gravel... I was really torn between Jack and Heath though. They played two totally different Jokers. I finally voted for Jack, for nostalgia.

I was really torn between Jack and Heath though. They played two totally different Jokers. I finally voted for Jack, for nostalgia.

Jack Nicholson did a brilliant joker in his own right. I too was torn apart between choosing Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger.

Jack Nicholson's joker was unpredictable and treated everything as a joke. He was almost campy in the way he executed all his plans. It was deviously enjoyable to watch him as the Joker. Heath Ledger's Joker on the other hand was just psychotic and deliciously brilliant in his plans. Overall though, I felt Heath Ledger's joker stuck more to the original joker. A deranged sociopath without a back story that just appeared out of nowhere and was not in it for the money, but for the sheer mayhem he caused.

I voted for Heath Ledger.

From what I've heard, this movie will actually be based around another villain (Penguin?), so the Joker will be obsolete.

I'm pretty sure this movie has Bane and Catwoman in it. Also, I just noticed I accidentally voted for Halle Berry as the best catwoman when I meant to vote for Michelle Pfeiffer. Corrected it already.

Much obliged for making this thread, flutterscotch! As for the poll, it was a struggle to not courteously abstain. My nerdrage with DC has been bubbling over lately. I suppose I'm too in love with... the ideals founded in the silver age and the characterization of today's books, which is why I voted the way I did. The best of both worlds, I think.

Slightly off topic, but my absolute favorite Joker is... ahem...

Mark Hamill.

Manure? I'm going to be throwing bricks.

No offense to anyone for their personal tastes, but...

At'a boy Kirby! You bring the bricks and I'll bring the stones.

In my whole life, I have only fallen asleep to 5 movies while in the theater; The Spirit, Dr. Dolittle 2, Twilight (An ex dragged me to it. I thankfully passed out), A.I., AND Batman and Robin.

That movie was and is the literal incarnation of the phrase "Beating a dead horse." I am glad they rebooted the whole series after that fiasco. Don't think I could have handled another one.

So could I, I'm confident...

I really do get where JCtheBrony is coming from though. If you take a step back you can get some enjoyment out of it as a so bad it's good unintentional comedy. You know, laughing not at the jokes themselves, but instead at how impossibly terrible they are. And if you can't do that, you can always get the Rifftrax track for the film and have professionals mock the film for you. It can be quite the enjoyable film watching experience.

Still, even viewing it like that, it's not the most enjoyable Batman film in my book.

I could write, cast and direct a better Mr. Freeze movie in my sleep.

Don't you mean Mr. Freeze-nator? You know, cause it was Arnold?... Okay, I'll stop with the bad jokes.

But yeah, I'll concede to what Phil is saying. I guess in can be comical in a sort of B-Movie rating, like those with the horrible acting, plot, and special effects.

So could I, I'm confident...

I really do get where JCtheBrony is coming from though. If you take a step back you can get some enjoyment out of it as a so bad it's good unintentional comedy. You know, laughing not at the jokes themselves, but instead at how impossibly terrible they are. And if you can't do that, you can always get the Rifftrax track for the film and have professionals mock the film for you. It can be quite the enjoyable film watching experience.

Still, even viewing it like that, it's not the most enjoyable Batman film in my book.

Yeah. It's like the same reason you watch MST3K. It's so bad it's hilarious.

But no, I think the best good Batman film is Batman Returns with Penguin and Catwoman. It was a very dark, weird film and I really liked the take they did on the villains. Batman's character was better established from the previous film and the Christmas backdrop adds to the whole ambiance. Very enjoyable movie.

At one point while he was the Governator, I remember my family watching Arnold give a speech. At one point he mentioned that we need to "unfreeze our economy". If you listened closely, there were a few snickers in the crowd, and my family was laughing our asses off. It took Arnold a second to realize why the reporters were laughing. I think if I remember right he gave up trying to be completely serious during that speech and made some remark about having to 'terminate' something or other too...

What, I'm not allowed to vote for Mark Hamill as best Joker? That's awfully disappointing.

Hello new best friend! Did you know you're my new best friend? Of course not. Because it just happened. Right now.

Anyway.

I firmly believe that Mr. Freeze can happen in the Nolanverse. Sure, a grain of salt needs to be taken with his cold-gun, but the armor? That's beyond easy if you treat things differently. It is a fact, from an engineering standpoint that it's harder to cool things than it is to heat things, without specialized equipment or hacking some scientific principles. What if the suit needed to keep Victor alive was, visually, more like a walking and punching iron lung? Full of plates and tubes and a terrifying glass dome where all you see are two glowing red eyes behind the fog and condensation. Imagine something more like... a smaller version of the Iron Monger armor from Iron Man 1.

For the story behind the cold, we better have our hearts break into thousands of little pieces. We better meet Victor. And Nora. And have them be friends of Wayne or something. Nora will have declining health through half the movie. She will suffer. We will mourn. Make us HATE Frank Boyle. Make the gunshots that shatter the coolant pierce our hearts too.

Oh, and Victor will be played by Patrick Stewart.