Another Joins the Herd

ShadowMage

Well, here I am, a brony at last, and so suddenly too...

At first, one member of my online gaming community was the only one I knew who liked FIM. She ranted and raved and I always thought her abit weird, even before she talked so much about My Little Pony. Then she "infected" some other people in the gaming community, including my best friend. I'd been friends with this guy for more than 5 years so his sudden obsession with ponies was abit more influencing.

I went the HUB website, watched a few episodes (Feeling Pinkie Keen, Winter Wrap Up, Call of the Cutie, Stare Master, and Show Stoppers) and I thought it was a pretty good show. I don't have the TV station that FIM airs on, and I felt dirty watching the episodes on YouTube, so my exposure was short and mild. I loved and tolerated those who had joined the herd. They joked about ponies, I talked to them about ponies, mostly humoring them. Life was good and simple.

Then I made a terrible mistake. I had some stuff for my best friend, and I hadn't seen him in quite a while since he moved away. We arranged for me to go over to his house and we'd hang out. I had planned to take a movie I just got to his house and we'd watch it; a bit later, I came up with the idea that I'd watch the collection of episodes he had on his computer. It was more of a "you put up with my ****, I'll put up with yours" kinda deal. And then it happened...

Fourteen episodes later, I was a brony: full-blown and ecstatic. I went from a calm and happy early Level-Two, straight to a Level-5 within mere hours. The transition was startling and at first I cursed my friendly liberally for infecting me (All in good fun, of course.) By the late-ish hours of the evening, my head felt like it was splitting open, so I decided to head home, figuring a good night's sleep would relieve me of the headache. Unfortunately, the head-ache persisted into the next morning, leading me to the conclusion my transformation was so rapid and sudden... I had developed a pony-hangover.

For those who wish to avoid my wall of text:

48 hours ago, I tolerated Ponies. Now: I LOVE PONIES!

And I am glad to be here.

Oh dear merciful heavens.

You've show me you can give MONEY to this site... This won't end well for my wallet.

Yes, but they take donations as small as $5, so it's easy to help the site out without putting too much strain on your wallet. :smirk:

AH! same here! I'm more of a wasteland steampunk guy. Even got my self a working steam gun, good fun! But best not get me off on this I well never stop talking of it. (on the side me and my mates are working on making a truck to use in are wasteland RP we like to do out here with the gang.)

Hi!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Also, since you seem to like Team Fortress :P, check out the Team Fortress 2 topic!

Welcome to Canterlot!

Welcome to the boards!

Oh dear merciful heavens.

You've show me you can give MONEY to this site... This won't end well for my wallet.

The only issue is, I have this really bad habit of spending my money.... Alot... Like... I've dumped probably a hundred dollars into buying stuff from the Mann Co store in Team Fortress 2... After buying the game....

/me facehooves.

Wow, I haven't spent quite that much yet.... But nametags are on sale right now... ¬_¬

Found any unusuals?

Haha! "Do you like steampunk?" No, good sir... I do NOT like steampunk.

I LOVE steampunk.... :heart:

And Cyber-punk. I'm mostly fond of dystopian settings so any ___-punk generally appeals to me.

I do love my steampunk, especially Victorian-style. It's the outfits. You can wear a top hat with goggles and a jet pack and it's perfectly normal. So cool ^^