Lurk mode: disengaged.

Shyriath

All right. Okay. Deep breaths. No nervousness. ...Well, maybe some nervousness. Okay, maybe a lo-

*Ahem*

Hello, everypony. Call me Shyriath.

I've been a brony since about early May or so, ever since some friends convinced me to watch the show. Ever since, I've mostly been hanging around KnowYourMeme, keeping an eye on new images and videos. I've done some commenting there, but I haven't really entered into the wider community much; when it comes to being around new people, online as in real life, I tend to be a bit of a Fluttershy.

But not too long ago I read something encouraging bronies, in the spirit of friendship, to seek each other out. I spent quite a while thinking about that, and it occurred to me that maybe I should give it a try. I had heard of Canterlot on KYM, so I wandered over here, and I started working up the nerve to post, so, um... yes. :geek: We'll see how it works out.

Hey there!

Where on KYM did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 posts anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

*crashes in by a window*

yyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Hello!

Nice A meeting ya Shyriath! De name is Dusty! No need to be sky we don't bite. (well some of us can)

But hope you like it er!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, everypony.

The avatar's part of an image I made a few years ago for a signature on a messageboard. The big spiral shape in the middle is a sort of personal symbol for me; I have a silver pendant of the same shape. It seemed to me that because it was the closest thing I had to a cutie mark, it would make a good avatar for here.

One of these eons I intend to update the look of it, though. New color scheme, maybe get rid of the little squiggles around the spiral.

Actually, on the subject of art: what sort of requirements are there, if any, for getting an album in the gallery? I don't really do much in the way of art anymore, at least not that I want to inflict on anyone else, but... I dunno, I might want to try my hand again sometime. Especially since I haven't done anything pony-related yet.

Just has to be stuff you made youself! Doesn't even have to be ponies!

Well, except for some obvious stuff, like nudity and sexual implications. PG-13 site. Use your own judgement. If the staff don't like it, we'll ask you to take it down. If you're not sure, you can throw us a link from an external site and ask. :smile:

Just has to be stuff you made youself! Doesn't even have to be ponies!

We're currently writing a list of rules for the community gallery. We've had some discussion about this today and the Gallery moderators and I have agreed to not allow non-pony items on the gallery. The complete list of rules should be up soon.

To sum up though...

You can post your own artwork depicting official or your own made up characters from any generation of My Little Pony.

The galleries will be cleaned up soon to reflect the new rules/guidelines we're building.

Hey there, welcome aboard! :'}

Most everyone has said everything already! I'm glad that you decided to come out of fluttershy mode and say hello; I do my best to encourage everyone to be themselves here and to uphold a safe and friendly environment for all, so please feel welcome! I look forward to seeing you around the board! :D