What book(s) are you currently reading?

Kneazle

Well, all done with 'The Cat Who Walks Through Walls', now on to a new book. Im thinking bout re-reading the hunger games trilogy, what with the movie coming out soon. Just to refresh myself and see how far the movie goes off the path. Aside from that, I'll have to stop at my library and see what they've got.

I read too fast for my own good :-|

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently reading "Maskerade" by Terry Pratchett. Oh, how I have missed the Discworld series!

And (somewhat) recently finished "How To Eat Fried Furries." Which I wouldn't recommend because it reads more like a weekend-long brainstorming session than a finished book, but makes me kinda eager to see what the author does next.

The most recent novel I've finished... is one of those novels based on special operations and whatnot. Rainbow Six, by Tom Clancy.

And in fact, I'm reading another book by him as well. His newest release known as Against All Enemies.

Rainbow Six, as some may know, is centered around an anti-terrorist unit based in Hereford, England; one of the most secure places in all of the U.K. as I believe I have read... and it's basically the team stopping a few acts of terrorism, and a little politics here and there, since politics is a big part of how any military function even goes on, what with government funding and all that good stuff. Then the team encounters a certain act of terrorism not really seen before in the public by what they would call 'eco-terrorists' and I'll leave it at that in case any of you are interested in reading the book.

Against All Enemies, as far as I know, is about the huge drug cartel problems that keep crossing the border of the United States between us and Mexico. What with all the violence around the border and seeing who is the 'bigger man' at the claiming and smuggling of drugs to anywhere around the world... and what I foresee, is that the Taliban plans on using the drug cartels as a method of transporting WMDs and use them against the U.S. But don't take my word for it... I haven't finished the book yet. You might get a different interpretation of the whole thing, so, again, I do recommend the book if you plan on reading it sometime. And since the plotline of this book is partly about dangerous substances and the possible abuse of them... I leave the children with the common phrase:

Don't do drugs! Seriously... don't do it. They mess you up, and all of who you are, and they tend to take everything you have away. Just don't do it... it's not cool; it's stupid. 'Nuff said. >.>

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love books by author Jean Kalogridis, who writes about the Renasance. I love reading books from this era if time. I also love books about the Tudor dynasty. It's kind of my historical guilty pleasure. I've read books by Philipa Gregory too, but I like Kalogridis's work better.

UPDATE! Now I'm getting into the good old Shannara series, written by Terry Brooks. Until last month, I've been a real geek on war novels, and had to cope with an unpleasant reality that those kinds of books bring... you can always expect the same thing. I started to notice that I can't really imagine anything outstanding because I already know what the books are talking about. I know what a shotgun is, and how to use one. And upon reading novels in which the action of a ballistic weapon isn't very exciting anymore, I wished for something more... and then my father recommended some fantasy for me to read, and in fact picked up "The Sword of Shannara" for me... I never looked back. Forget the use of ballistic warfare, now it's all casting spells, the clash of swords and sometimes bare hands, and traveling through environments that I could never hope to experience in this lifetime... I LOVE IT!

So, for this whole fantasy thing, I'm currently reading:

The Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Ilse Witch, by Terry Brooks

The Dragonbone Chair, by Tad Williams

Elf Quest, by Wendy and Richard Pini

I'm currently stuck with "A song of Ice and Fire: A feast for crows. vol. 1 : Shadows of death." by George R. R. Martin.

On the counterweight to that book, I'm also going through a book which is not that much associated with fun, but rather educational value: "The Wealth and Poverty of Nations" by David Landes, Emeritus Professor of Economics and former Coolidge Professor of History at Harvard University. And I recommend this book if you'll want to read something more interesting than relaxing.

[colour=#0000ff]I'm finished "The Hound of the Baskervilles" , and am back on the Sherlock Holmes short stories. (Reading them in order) I just finished "The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist". Here's the original Strand magazine illustration for the story. I lucked out. My download has the pictures, and my ereader displays them quite nicely! [/colour]

Soli-01.jpg

Trying to finish The Witcher: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski so I can move on to the continuation for Blood of Elves. Sadly, university keeps me busy most of the time. Plus I'll be needing to read Bram Stoker's Dracula for next semester of uni.

"Watchers" by Dean Koontz.

Honestly I bought it for the cover, that's how I usually fall for books.. xD

I'm almost at the end, I am such a slow reader though... But it's great!

I found several other Dean Koontz books I want to read after I bought this one. He writes really thrilling stuff!

Currently, I am in the middle of reading a book titled 'Everything I Need to Know I Learned From Dungeons and Dragons"

Yeah, so that's a thing. And must I say, its a fairly lighthearted read, but its not bad at all. I'm rather enjoying it, or the majority of it.

• 1 month later...