Spike's Attraction to Rarity

Nasty

Okay, call me sick minded for calling out a kid's show, but please tell me I'm not the only one who finds it odd to see a dragon that's attracted to a pony.

Any thoughts as to why? Maybe there are actual 'Dronies' XD?

Interesting. Only, there is a difference between adorable and "She looks sexeh." But, it isn't necessarily me crying out about it, I'd just like to see if others wondered or thought a reason up as to why.

Spike was raised by ponies. He's always been surrounded by ponies. All his close friends are ponies. :/

He probably thinks he is a pony on some level. :P

Or at least the idea of being attracted to a pony doesn't occur to him as the least bit odd.

No, I'm sorry, Dranies wouldn't be cool. They would be terrifying. Shrek proofed that already.

Spike X Rarity baby: http://www.ponyisland.net/image.php?type=pet&size=180&nocache&breed=DragonPony&gender=Female&DNA=CC99FF|4A0893|00CC33|00CC33|FFFFFF|FFFFFF|++|++|SS|++|++|++|++|++&jwg&jwg-gen

He could see her as "a rare gem" in an strange sort of way as part of his dragon instinct to desire and collect beautiful and exquisite objects (and hoard them). Because rarity is presented as striking among ponies and own love of gems, he could see her as a living rare gem like object himself even if he doesn't really understand the reason for his crush/desire yet.

He could see her as "a rare gem" in an strange sort of way as part of his dragon instinct to desire and collect beautiful and exquisite objects (and hoard them). Because rarity is presented as striking among ponies and own love of gems, he could see her as a living rare gem like object himself even if he doesn't really understand the reason for his crush/desire yet.

I've heard this theory before. I seem to recall it ending in a rather macabre way as well...

Very interesting replies. I rather like brianblackberry's. That explanation makes it make lot's of sense; I do hope that is the reason as to why. Lovely Shrek refs as well. But I still thinks Dronies would be epic.

Dragons in fantasy series are always falling in love with everything. They live for so long that it would probably be pretty common for one to get a crush on a lesser race. Pony romances must seem so flittingly bittersweet for a dragons, since ponies live such short lives. Dragons live so long they most likely have a magic all their own as Unicorns do, and in many fantasy universes dragons can take on different forms often to form half dragon children. I could easily see this fitting into Equestria.

Also, less like 'dranies' and more like Kirin.

kirin-1.jpg

kirin2-1.jpg

Dragon horses/unicorns, mang. I would so role play one.

• Like 1