So I got banned from Canterlot.NET

sadtrixie.pngYes, as the title says The Great and Powerful Trixie was banned from Canterlot.net roughly a week ago, so Trixie shall be frequenting this site much more often, it was not a perma ban of course, only temp but Trixie is rather irked by it regardless, Now as for the details it is a rather long story and it has been bugging Trixie for quite some time and she would like to vent, but before I go into it, it's only fair I make sure you ponies care to hear it, no sense in cluttering up this place with senseless information.

I'm willing to listen if it's a tale worth telling.

Well, here it goes *inhales* I was very inactive on Canterlot.net for awhile so they demoted me from my super mod position, and when I returned I wanted the return to that but someone had already replaced me, so naturally I got rather huffy about it, but didn't do anything worthy of a ban(at least not by my understanding of the rules) I was simply expression how I felt, once I got banned I went to "Appeal" it, which was more of me being like "Wow, you really banned me? What the buck" to which my attitude was met by the mods at the time with a perma ban, which I then got lifted by speaking with the webmaster, whom is a good friend. After that I posted a thread to show off one of my new songs and I was carrying on in that thread when I made what I suppose what could be seen as a rude remark to one of the other members (to which said member took no offense mind you) and a mod saw fit to ban me yet again for it even after I got the person I was talking to to admit they were not offended, and when appealing THAT ban, I ended up getting it extended to a month. So now I am here, complaining....or whining, one of the two.

Well, here it goes *inhales* I was very inactive on Canterlot.net for awhile so they demoted me from my super mod position, and when I returned I wanted the return to that but someone had already replaced me, so naturally I got rather huffy about it, but didn't do anything worthy of a ban(at least not by my understanding of the rules)

I can't sympathize as you said you got huffy, which to me, says you probably said things you weren't supposed to. And someone's understanding of the rules can often be skewed from what they actually mean. It sucks what happened, but it makes sense they would replace a missing mod, specifically if you didn't get back with them at all about how long you would be out. I think a bit more understanding would have made the situation go a lot more smoothly. At least you're honest about it.

At first, I was like what. I mean if you banned from Canterlot, why are you posting a topic on Canterlot? After reading the topic a little bit, I learn that it is Canterlot.net, not Canterlot.com, the site that we are on, that you get banned from. So I was like I get it now.

• Like 1

I can't sympathize as you said you got huffy, which to me, says you probably said things you weren't supposed to. And someone's understanding of the rules can often be skewed from what they actually mean. It sucks what happened, but it makes sense they would replace a missing mod, specifically if you didn't get back with them at all about how long you would be out. I think a bit more understanding would have made the situation go a lot more smoothly. At least you're honest about it.

Well the thing is, I wasn't actually "Missing" I just wasn't on the forum, however there isn't a day I am not in our forum's Team Speak which is frequented by many of our users, I am not really a forum person, never have been, but my biggest issue with it was I am always on the team speak able to be spoken with, yet no one bothered to tell me "Oh hey we are gonna demote you because you aren't active" So naturally I was "huffy" and I had been a mod since the forum started up so I had a pretty good grasp of the rules.

Well you do set out to be edgy, I thought, from your introduction here.

Some people are far too thin skinned, though. It doesn't seem like a just decision.

Well as of last night I decided to cut my loses and leave Canterlot.net for good, I informed the people I still cared about from there and stepped down from my other places of power connected to them, I am now but a lowly user here on .com and yet, I couldn't be happier, however I am kinda scared, I am worried it will be hard to adjust my posting style to fit this place, I don't wanna get you ponies mad at me by mistake. :-(

Well as of last night I decided to cut my loses and leave Canterlot.net for good, I informed the people I still cared about from there and stepped down from my other places of power connected to them, I am now but a lowly user here on .com and yet, I couldn't be happier, however I am kinda scared, I am worried it will be hard to adjust my posting style to fit this place, I don't wanna get you ponies mad at me by mistake. :-(

I was once part of a troll forum. Only because it was the best forum for a particular fandom. It takes some getting used to when you begin posting on a more formal forum. I've been to said .net site and have a registered username. It's not my style though. Many of the threads are pretty spamerific and it's like I can't have an intelligent conversation with anypony on there. Plus, the real reason why I became a member was to roleplay, and that site's RP standards didn't have the content I was hoping for. Luckily, I have been graced by the staff and admins here at .com ever since this site's construction in March, and the RP content here is some of the best I've seen on the web.

We're not trying to be better than anyone. We just want to enjoy ponies like every other brony out there. So please don't make it competitive forum wars, like some people like to suggest. For the most part, I feel our forum is 'well behaved' not because the admins and mods beat us with a stick, but because most members here seem to have a high respect for one another.

I would say just poke around slowly for awhile and get to know this place the best you can. The more you read, the more in-tune your posts will be.

I would also use the Trixie persona sparingly. I love a good RP with good RPers. But for casual talk, I prefer people to be themselves. And I've been butthurt on the internet before. In my experience, the best thing for me to do was to just take a week or two break from social networks and give myself a start over. Trying to salvage what you had and a site where people don't respect you can wear and tear on you socially sometimes.

Otherwise, you seem like a great fellow brony. I'm excited to see if you RP here and what future musix you'll release to us. :D

Well I haven't seen any of your posts outside of here and your music posts, but from them you seem to be doing fine. If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

I never been to .net really and don't view them as "competition" personally but as another brony forum with a different emphasis. Sorry that things did not work out for you at .net, I hope with those friends you still have there, you'll still maintain some communication with them through the web somehow.

Well I haven't seen any of your posts outside of here and your music posts, but from them you seem to be doing fine. If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

I never been to .net really and don't view them as "competition" personally but as another brony forum with a different emphasis. Sorry that things did not work out for you at .net, I hope with those friends you still have there, you'll still maintain some communication with them through the web somehow.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind, and I hope that I am able to stay in contact with some of them as well.

Oh hi Trixie.

I almost got banned from Canterlot.net, but I had 9 people vote to unban me and 11 to keep me banned. Bugster, Madnath, and Twilight voted for my unban, but it's majority not rank.

Hm, after reading your introduction post, I can see why you got banned so quickly, sorry to say Flutterraeg but I don't think this forum is gonna fit you very well, now that is just my opinion of course, but the ponies around here are very big on RP and alot of them are surprisingly nice, which also means they don't take well to trolling/flaming/angry posting this is a super calm place, and that is how I like it, it is a far cry from .net for sure. So, assuming your ban was not a perma, I suggest you work on changing your posting habits, read some of the posts on the forum and get a feel for how everypony around here interacts so you won't make an ass of yourself, I know that is what I did to prevent coming off as an ass myself. I hope to see you able to fit in around here, would be nice to have some familiar faces. * :)

Hm, after reading your introduction post, I can see why you got banned so quickly, sorry to say Flutterraeg but I don't think this forum is gonna fit you very well, now that is just my opinion of course, but the ponies around here are very big on RP and alot of them are surprisingly nice, which also means they don't take well to trolling/flaming/angry posting this is a super calm place, and that is how I like it, it is a far cry from .net for sure. So, assuming your ban was not a perma, I suggest you work on changing your posting habits, read some of the posts on the forum and get a feel for how everypony around here interacts so you won't make an ass of yourself, I know that is what I did to prevent coming off as an ass myself. I hope to see you able to fit in around here, would be nice to have some familiar faces. * :)

Just a note, if you are not into RP at all, that is 100% cool. It is true the majority of users here are RPers, but some of our most prolific posters here don't RP at all. So in short, don't feel pressured. :)