Surprise [FINAL]

MephistoFiesta

NOTE: I'm not sure exactly what to call this character, since she was a scrapped character who was drawn by Lauren. If the tag is a problem, please tell me.

MOAR NOTE: This characters relationship with Pinkie Pie was pre-approved by Tempest Rime.

iaza15362095814900.png

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Surprise

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Lavender

Coat Color: Off-White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Much like Pinkie, her mane is messy and curly. However, her mane is a bright yellow.

Physique: Somewhat thin, and tall compared to most ponies her age.

Cutie Mark: 3 Purple Balloons

Origin/Residence: Surprise was born in Cloudsdale, after her mother, Cherry Pie, got married. She was the sister of Clyde Pie, and daughter of Cream "Granny" Pie. Contrary to popular belief, Granny Pie was a pegasus, who was married to an earth pony. As such, Cherry was a pegasus, but not Clyde. Cherry got married to another pegasus, Star Shine. Surprise is the little cousin of Pinkie, and she looked up to her.

Surprise was very shy as a filly, and didn't have many friends. As such, she wasn't invited to a lot of events. But, on her birthday, the few friends she had asked her to study with them. She came in and "SURPRISE!" A party was planned for her. She was so happy, and wanted to make everyone happy every day. One day, she noticed a filly who looked down. She didn't know why, but she made up a reason. She threw a surprise party for a holiday she made up, and the filly knew. The foal didn't even care, she was so happy to be given a party, she gave Surprise a hug and a smile. She was so happy to make a pony feel better, she earned her cutie mark, three purple balloons to signify her talent is parties and sharing smiles.

Occupation: Surprise is a party planner of any sort, and respects any kind of party atmosphere. She doesn't have an established workplace, but does lots of community service at hospitals and such.

Motivation: Surprise is simply motivated by making people laugh and smile, especially when others are upset. As she says "A surprise a day keeps the sadness away!" She dreams to be the party planner for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Dislikes:Party poopers, spicy food, mean ponies

Character Summary: Surprise is a fun loving and bubbly pony. She loves to laugh and have fun, but can sometimes get out of hand. She'll sometimes surprise people at inappropriate times, but will feel bad afterwords. She usually says calm, at least more then Pinkie, but then you give her sugar. Sugar will make Surprise get very hyperactive and crazy, and will quite literally LOSE HER MIND. But without too much sugar, she's a lot of fun at parties. She has some odd habits, one being throwing surprise parties all the time. She also tends to fly upside down more often then not. She respects any kind of party, and feels special to even be invited. She will be fancy at a fancy party, she will be a dj at a rave party, whatever the style, she rocks them all. Another random quirk is her lightning fast reflexes. She can NOT be taken by surprise, unless its a party.

Surprise really looks up to her older cousin, Pinkie. She always looks forward to seeing her and partying with her. She respects her a great deal for many reasons, one being very kind and fun when she was little. Her cutie mark, although mostly a symbol of happiness and laughter, is also somewhat of a symbol of her respect to her cousin.

She's not a scrapped character, she's a g1 character :)

I am fairly sure, though, that you do not need to call her a cast character as Hasbro no longer has the rights to the character. She is really unlikely to appear in this form in the show.

surprise.jpg

She's not a scrapped character, she's a g1 character :)

I am fairly sure, though, that you do not need to call her a cast character as Hasbro no longer has the rights to the character. She is really unlikely to appear in this form in the show.

surprise.jpg

I know she was a g1, but in fim she was the first draft of Pinkie. Thats why I called her scrapped.

Oh gawsh. I feel bad now :-(.

Huh? Oh, no. you silly goose. don't feel bad.

also, confuzzled. Why does it have a time frame??? She's not really a cast character, so technically she would be accepted like an OC, right?? o_O

Greetings,

I think we have a solid base for this application thus far and I would like to stamp it but first I feel it needs a few more slight tweak and added depth in a few spots. For her species it is better if you mention she is just pegasus. The earth pony background will become apparent in the origin section where you do mention her pegasus grandmother Cream "Granny" Pie married an earth pony. I understand you wrote the earth pony DAN part is to help established her relation to Pinkie (being an earth pony), but we like to keep the species part simple. The only other part I suggest change in is her summary. Not that it should be altered as such, just that I feel it needs to have more about Surprise herself. Right now it reads as being too dependent on us knowing Pinkie. I would like to see more of about Surprise's life, her hopes and dreams for the future. Does she work? if so what does he do. Maybe some more about the things she likes, such as dancing, etc. The only other thing I can think to add is where she lives now (you mention she is from Cloudsdale, does she still live there or elsewhere)?

Outside of that I feel this is a great app and about ready to go!

We're going to treat Surprise as an OC Character with the understanding that she's technically not supposed to have a previous relationship with a cast character. The ONLY reason that we're going to allow this is that Surprise is technically Pinkie and was 'created' by Lauren Faust as a potential character for the show.

AppApproved.png