Best first episodes for bronifying friends?

Frain Breeze

So, I'm thinking of showing MLP to my friend the next time I see him, but I'm not sure which episodes should be first on the lineup. Which episodes do you guys think are the best to get someone interested in the show?

Talking him into watching an ep probably won't be so bad, since he's fairly open-minded. So far, I'm thinking of starting with Lesson Zero, as I'm sure he'd like the episode's craziness, and then I'll probably go to the first episode.

Lesson Zero is a great choice as it shows just how funny (and crazy) the show can get. Very good pick, I think.

Though I suppose starting with the show at its very silliest might lead to unreasonable expectations given most of the other episodes don't quite reach that level. Something like Dragonshy or Fall Weather Friends, that has more adventure or excitement might be a better starting point.

I don't know. I know some disagree, but I actually think the first episode is a very good starting point. It was enough to hook me in.

I'd have to go with 'Party of One.' Mostly with the 'old school' cartoony humor Pinkie Pie evokes (inexplicably beating RD to wherever she goes, and her spying); her manic suspicion of her friends and her ensuing 'replacement friends' is very lulzy as well.

• Like 1

Boast busters got that Ursa Minor scene showing such strength to drive future bronies away... I'll give a RED for that episode, but I'd give a GREEN for "Griffon the brush off", because a nice working Pinkie outshines Gilda pretty much, also it ties well with "Swarm of the century" and the "you're so random" quip as a running gag.

Okay so the answer is..... anything, going by the answers here. xD;

How about this, then- What would you use as an introductory clip when trying to get someone to watch any of the show? I probably won't need one to get my friend to watch the show, but I don't know if I'll be able to get him separate from his roommate, so I'd like to have a little more.. "ammo" to help get the show going.

I got started with Bridle Gossip, and personally would recommend that, though a lot of others are good, like Fall Weather Friends. The season opener of season 2 might be good if the friends are Trekkies, as Discord will win them over for being Q, ponified. It's also amusing, and sets the characters up as well. Over A Barrel is fun too.

This is in that other topic too, but may help you. It only covers Season 1 though (and even then maybe not all of it). I don't know if there's an updated version to be found. It's also pretty big, so spoiler.

viewingchart.jpg

This is a well done guide, but I was shocked that it didn't recommend the first two episodes.

They are what got me hooked, and are the two best episodes in the series as it stands.

The second is the only episode that I cried in, and there is a lot to be said for starting at the beginning.

This has already been said, but I always start with the two-part opener for the background info and the fact that most of the rest of season 1 can be watched in any order (if you don't mind losing little things like 'hop skip and a jump' in Feeling Pinkie Keen). If I only have enough time to start with one episode and pray they keep watching by themselves, I go with Sonic Rainboom for its opener.