Who is best pony? Mane6!

SkyMunki

Best Mane Cast Pony...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best pony?

Fluttershy is the only pony who successfully resisted Discord's fair attempts to separate the ponies. Four ponies gave up with almost no provocation, and Twilight would eventually give up as well. But Fluttershy had such faith in her friends that even Discord seemed physically pained to see such order in her mind.

She is the best listener and if I was struggling with something and just needed an open ear to help me process it, I have doubts that any of the others could consistently be there for me...

Oh, and here is the previous poll: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/5-favorite-character/

It was long enough ago that I felt bad resurrecting it the first time I saw it so I appreciate a fresh thread.

Oh, and here is the previous poll: http://www.canterlot...rite-character/

It was long enough ago that I felt bad resurrecting it the first time I saw it so I appreciate a fresh thread.

That poll was a little different though. You were allowed to pick two options, which in my opinion probably skewed to results strangely.

Rarity is best pony. FACT.

Fluttershy is boring.

But the question wasn't "which pony is the most dramatic" : )

Honestly I find it hard to understand anyone putting her in the top two. If not for her shoving her head in the trash to protect Pinkie (so my second favorite memory of her was her covering up a lie?), and her jumping in the mud for her sister (and my first favorite involves deception), she would be at the bottom for me.

Surely its not just looks right? 'Cause she certainly wins that contest. WHAT AM I MISSING?!

I don't get why people like Fluttershy so much. Rainbow Dash is obviously the best.

Firstly, yeah I really like rainbow dash, and for a while she was top pony for me.

However, what is not to like about the kindest pony?

Or the pony with more loyalty (at least when the chips are down) than the loyalty pony?

Or the one who gives the most to the generosity pony? FS certainly doesn't get much out of her weekly spa trips. That is a beautiful gift to Rarity.

I think it would be interesting to hear what criteria people are using to define "best". For me it is "who do I want around me when I am doing well, AND when I am doing poorly"?

I think it would be interesting to hear what criteria people are using to define "best". For me it is "who do I want around me when I am doing well, AND when I am doing poorly"?

I don't know. I would think its as simple as us picking which one we enjoy most as a character. Which one works best for each of us.

And even if I did go by your criteria, I'd still choose Applejack. She's just pleasant, good natured, usually honest, strong, dependable, assertive, sweet, relatively mature, fun and also quite cute. Plus I just love her accent... Definitely the one I'd most want around me. :smug:

Also, I just really don't get the Fluttershy thing. She's always been towards the bottom of the bunch for me (goes between her and Pinkie for least favorite). She's cute and nice and all, but I just don't find her personality very compelling. I'm only really endeared to her in the moments when she breaks from her usual act and becomes aggressive. Like Tempest Rime said, she really is just kind of boring.

Also, I just really don't get the Fluttershy thing. She's always been towards the bottom of the bunch for me (goes between her and Pinkie for least favorite). She's cute and nice and all, but I just don't find her personality very compelling. I'm only really endeared to her in the moments when she breaks from her usual act and becomes aggressive. Like Tempest Rime said, she really is just kind of boring.

Of the 6, Fluttershy is the furthest on the path to ideal friendship. She is the best listener, and is unlikely to jump to conclusions. Thus, she isn't going to spawn much conflict on her own. The others flaws and personalities may be more dynamic, and so too is the drama that their idiosyncrasies cause. Boring? That is not inaccurate, but it is looking at her from the wrong angle.

AJ though? She seems like a good friend, though a bit stubborn.

But...I...just...can't...get...past...applebucking.

Pinkie Sense is more logical.

Really? You are going to slam your hooves into a tree without damaging it, or even the leaves, but every single apple is going to fall precisely into prearranged buckets without bruising the fruit? And it is really hard to forget it when you see it at the start of every episode. I just can't give her a fair judgement because she is a walking reminder of applebucking.

Similarly, I can't take harry potter seriously because Quidditch makes no sense either.

[/rant]

How is that looking at things from the wrong angle? The question is who I think is the best character, right? Really it should come down solely to personal tastes, I'd think. It's not a matter of "ideal friendship" or whatever such things, but a purely subjective question. I just happen to enjoy Applejack's character most and Fluttershy's least. There's no other angle to look at it from.

Af for your apple bucking comments, it never seemed all that odd to me. I mean, it's not realistic, but where is the FIM world ever particularly realistic? And with the latest episode confirming that the magic of earth ponies is in growing and harvesting food, apple bucking probably taps into some kind of magic to work as it does, which makes it even more reasonable to me.