25 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the least necessary?

• Honesty
    • Kindness
    • Laughter
    • Generosity
    • Loyalty
    • Magic

mm, this is a tough decision... I chose magic. if the element of magic was called the element of friendship, I'd have a much harder decision to make ._.

so my opinion isn't a strong one at all

hi hi

When I was working on my MLP:FiM tabletop RPG slash poker game, I did some research on various common virtues and character strengths. A lot of them are closely related with minor differences. Some that I might have chosen instead of the ones that are canon might have been:

• Love or humor / laughter.

• Integrity or responsibility / loyalty

• Trust / honesty

• Gratitude or appreciation / generosity

• Empathy / kindness

• Friendship / magic

But I think I'm going to have to go with magic being the one element that doesn't fit in with the rest. Its more like all the rest of them combined or something. :P

Its more like all the rest of them combined or something. :P

"By Your Powers Combined..." (lol, Its sad that every year I meet fewer and fewer people who remember that...)

I just couldn't vote out twilight, she's 2nd best pony, and OBVIOUSLY Dash has to stay...

Kindness/Generosity are very similar, so I'd say drop one of them, and since Generosity also happens to be Rarity... yep, hate on me if you want, I'd kick Rarity out of the club.

I just couldn't vote out twilight, she's 2nd best pony, and OBVIOUSLY Dash has to stay...

Kindness/Generosity are very similar, so I'd say drop one of them, and since Generosity also happens to be Rarity... yep, hate on me if you want, I'd kick Rarity out of the club.

I tried so hard to separate the elements from the ponies in the intro, but it seems that that is impossible.

I do like your reasoning though. The Kindness/Generosity thing is a good way to deal with the problem.

I don't really understand the whole magic thing. I think they could do without it.

Twi-"Hi. You wanted to see me, Mr. Producer?"

"Yes. Sit down, Ms. Sparkle. Now. I am sure that you have heard about all of the budget cuts for the next season, right?"

Twi-"Yes.........."

"Well we were all thinking. What does magic have to do with friendship? I mean I could understand if you pulled a quarter out of someone's ear or guessed a card but you don't even do that. I am sorry but we are just going to have to cut you."

Twi-"No! But what will happen to me then?"

"Oh you will just be sent to the land of Zoids, Beyblade, and all of the other forgotten Hasbro toys!"

*pulls lever which opens a trapdoor under Twilight's chair*

"Say hello to Starlight for me! Muahahahahaha"

Twi-"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Yea......It would be something like that.

hi hi

The way it is framed in the show, Generosity involves an appreciation of others as uniquely different and an conception of greater ideals beyond yourself. Kindness on the other hand, involves empathizing with others as though they were yourself, without distinction. Similar in effect, perhaps, but quite different in motivation.

I must say I think that the element of laughter is incredibly important, and that its more than simply laughing all the time. Good humor is one of the keys to enjoying life in the first place. People with a sense of humor live -on average- longer, healthier and happier lives. (for real)

Honesty is about courage, the courage to face the negative consequences of the truth, however, just because you are courageous does not mean you should go seeking danger. Understanding the element of Honesty is about understanding those subtleties.

(I'll agree that some elements might not be as useful as others, but I wouldn't agree that any one of them is useless.)

It's weird, because as much as I love Twilight (she's my favorite pony) I think that "Magic" is kind of a dumb element. Everything else is a characteristic that can be applied to a real friendship, but magic? I guess it's something to do with just friendship in general and how she brought all six of them together, but still.