Fears and Phobias

Total-Tortilla

Guest EoLPinkie

Oh knight, why'd you have to say that... I'm super freaked out by lots of things really, even if it probably won't happen! And don't worry Rain, I stalk you with love and sweets! :D

Count me in for spiders as well. I once fell down a flight of stairs when one suddenly swung down in front of me.

I don't do very well with blood. I work at a hospital and one time, as I was stepping out of the elevator, I saw a trail of blood down the hallway. I nearly passed out.

Too many people get to me as well. I always think people are judging me or someone's going to do something cruel. I had very bad experiences throughout my school life that effected me.

My vision sucks, so I'm terrified of something happening to my glasses.

I'm scared of bats. They make me feel sick (however I like to watch them on TV).

Awww... Really? They're my favorite animal. They're so cute and their wings are just fascinating. I wish I could have one for a pet.

Anyone remember silly things that scared them as kids? I always think that's funny to talk about. It's actually one of my favorite movies ever now, but that darn magnet from The Brave Little Toaster absolutely terrified me; for months I was afraid it would swoop down and get me whenever I left the house.

Anyone remember silly things that scared them as kids? I always think that's funny to talk about. It's actually one of my favorite movies ever now, but that darn magnet from The Brave Little Toaster absolutely terrified me; for months I was afraid it would swoop down and get me whenever I left the house.

ah, my parents tell me that when I was a baby I was afraid of drains. it's funny because for as long as I can remember, I've loved drains. when I was little, I'd fill up the sink over and over just to watch the water go down. I must've been less than three when I was afraid of them since I have no recollection of this at all.

also, until I was about four or five, I used to think that there was an RC car monster thing in my parents bedroom that was controlled by somebody who hates me XD it had just been a nightmare that stuck on me for a year or two

I was, VERY UNDERSTANDABLY, scared of Jack Nicholson and the boy who played Danny in the Shining. Not sure why I was watching it pre-kindergarten, but there you go. After that I wasn't scared of another movie ever.

I'm terrified of cars and roller coasters. I'm not even sure why, but it certainly makes road trips a lot of fun for my family. Oh and insect feet with hooks on them freak me out, I hate the way they hook into your skin. I can pick up a millipede just fine, but ask me to pick up a beetle and I'll wig out.

I fear the unknown i suppose... Like when its dark an you can't see, but you KNOW you hear something... that really scared me... Cause it could be a piece of paper flapping from the fan, or it could be a burglar, or something paranormal or something, you just never know, and it scares me when i dont know...

Just generall not knowing whats going on bugs me, but sometimes it scares me... Like if i dont know where someone is, maybe the house is empty when i come home, i get worried about why they're not home, where they are, why didnt they call to let me know, etc...

I WAS afraid of heights, though my Staff Sergeant was quick to correct me when I admitted this on a rappel tower:

You're not afraid of heights, Dumb-Dumb. You're afraid of falling and hitting the ground FROM high heights.

That and spiders. Terrified of em.

They shouldn't have that many legs. Nope.

And did you know Tarantulas migrate by the THOUSANDS? Imagine seeing that coming toward you on a random stroll down the dusty road.

080626_Mormon_Crickets.jpg

I used to be scared of the cracks between beams on a jetty. I thought I would fall through them. I was about five, don't laugh.

Currently though...

I'm fine with spiders any type of bugs, as long as they are not ON me. Then I trash around trying to get rid of them, often falling into things.

I dont like hanging over balcony's more than 2-3 stories high.

I hate sickness. Seriously, I dont hate sick people, sick people are fine (well if they are sick then they aren't fine, but shh), I just hate sickness. Learning that in your heart there is a tiny valve that is crucial to your survival and is about as thick as tissue paper, or that between your vertebra there are sacks of fluid... UGH. Parasites as well, Ick. Basically I hate human biology, I hate about learning all the things that can go wrong in a person. I... feel sorry for doctors.

When walking around at night when the lights are off (usually talking to you guys online), I always have the feeling that there is something behind me. Or around a corner. Or inside a room.

Wasps... I hate wasps. Even hornets don't bother me as much as wasps...

I used to be afraid of heights, and then I ,

took an arrow to the knee went skydiving. Being pushed out of a plane = best cure for fear of heights ever, especially around people whom you don't want to seem weak in front of.

Wows o.o I guess everypony really does have a fear of some time. All y'all are so brave for speaking about them!!

Well. I have many fears o.o I'm an anxious pony in general but I would have to say that my biggest fears are while in in public.

Every day at school I go through the same routine, sit in the same seats, try not to talk to many people, because for some reason if anything changes or I have to talk to people I don't know or if people talk to me, I have horrible panic attacks. It's the worst when my teachers decide to make me switch my seat or something, it actually scares me. I feel like I'm going to die, I wish I knew why.

My other fears though are of ticks and spiders and just about anything, including needles, that can suck blood out of me. It's not sharp things or pain that scares me, it's the idea of something or somepony stealing my blood that makes me all sick and nauseas feeling inside.

Is this weird??

I think we all fear because we know what could hurt as and that scares me even more.

Also, I'm terrified that everypony around me is going to die >~>

I think about it all the time. I'm not afraid of my own death...

I don't know what I'd do if more ponies died around me.

I think I've lost too many already, I am terrified I'm going to lose everypony else.

Makes me very paranoid.

I agree that there is bravery in admitting your fears.

What impresses me is the confrontation of your fears. One of the most memorable scenes form the movie "The Rock" was...

Nicholas Cage's character is terrified of needles, and must inject himself in the heart at the end of the movie to survive, even though he failed to do it on a false alarm earlier in the movie.

Not that I could actually watch that part. I share his fear. You should see that movie if you haven't yet. Sean Connery is great, and it is the only Nicholas cage movie that I like.

And for myself? Lets just say that I am not on track to impress anyone...

I'm terrified of anything medical, surgeries needles, organs everything. Probably because my mother has sevierre allergies (the fisrt time she went into shock I was 6 and had to go with her because my dad was out on a business trip and we didn't know anyone in the area at the time) and my dad has a heart condition (I'veseen both my parents with the I.V.s and everything). Fortunately I'm allergic to one of the preservatives used in most vaccines so I haven't had one since age 5 and I can't give blood (I don't remeber the exact reason, it might be becaue my blood preasure already tends to be low). But I'm adament about avoiding blood tests (I had one when I was 9 where I felt the needle despite being sedated, the medication had a bad effect on me and it turned out to be unnessicary), I used to have to have somebody read mystery novels to me so they could skip past the autopsy scenes (which I still have to skip over and I have have to mute the T.V. and look away or change the channel when those scenes come up) and when I had my wisdom teeth removed I was 16 and had to have over 6 months of weekly therapy sessions to prepare myself for it and when on of my mom's clients had to stay at our house she kept talking about piercings and some of them going wrong and I nearly fainted several times, once I was in the middle of a store when she tried to show me something related to her navel piercing gone wrong.

Though strangely I've taken self defense classes and have no problem with the descriptions

I'm also afraid of spiders even though my mom was always careful not to over react when she saw one because both her and my grandmother are afraid of them (though we found out about a year ago that she's allergic to them)

I don't handle hights or fast speeds well, strangely I'm fine on planes apart for the jolt when you take off, but one time I got stuck climbing a ladder and when somepony helped me down I had only gone two steps up (granted I was 10 when this happened). I also get really nervous going down escalatiors, partially due to acrophobia and partially because about 4 years ago I had gone to a book store that has two floors and when I was trying to decide which version of a book set to buy I stepped back and of course I'm exactly the wrong size and ended up being pulled up by the escalator railing....yes really I was pulled halfway up before somepony pressed the emergency stop button (I actually saw online that this happened to another girl somewhere else on roughly the same day and all that happened to her was that she was pulled a little bit and stumbled off)

I also feel nervous around most lagre dogs (except for Golden Retrievers since they're supposed to be a very relaxed breed) and I have a lot of issues with contamination, it's not very surprising since I've grown up in an allergy concious enviroment that I'd be more careful than most but I hate touching anything unclean. I've heard about people who have been taking out the family's garbage since they were tall enough to lift the bag, I did it once and that was only because my mom had a migrene and there was something in the bag with cat hair on it which my dad's allergic to so it had to be taken out right away (I've emptied the waste paper baskets but the kitchen garbage is something I never handle the bag for) I didn't even throw out my own kitchen garbage until I was 13, putting away the dirty dishes is something I've only done as a punishment; I can't stand touching anything unclean I feel nausiated if I have to touch it and if I find out that somebody is sick I adamently avoid them

Also mammalian reproduction, it's a really uncomfortable thing for me to think about

I have Claustrophobia, as in restricted movement. Seeing pipes that people could get into, coffins, and such send a chill down my spine and makes me very wary of them.

I guess I have fear of insects as well, though I'll simply have the fear reaction of where you want to get it away from you and kill it without touching it. Except for ants though. I'll be able to smite them with my hands if need be, though I'll freak the hay out if they manage to get on me.

Back when I worked for <big oil company with sketchy reputation> I had a coworker who was crazy twitchy. She screamed when something unexpected happened. And by "unexpected" I mean she walked past the lab where I worked and it wasn't completely empty during business hours. Fortunately for my heart and my sanity, I could hear her high heals as she approached, so I would start stomping my steel toed boots so that she would have advanced warning of my presence. Her screams were so piercing that even when I thought I was ready for one they scared me.

But she was only the second scariest thing at that company. When on the production floor, we wear ear plugs, and that limits my ability to sense what is going on around me. One of the secretaries of my dept thought it woudl be hilarious to sneak up behind me (easy to do with ear plugs in) and said "BOO!" right in my ear while poking me in the ribs. Not only was it terrifying (I screamed loud enough to startle her), but I was twitchy for the last month and a half that I worked there. Always looking over my shoulder and convinced that she was lurking around every corner.

I don't miss that experience much...

Gawd-dang spiders. Can't stand to even think of the bloody things. Both me and my fiance share the phobia- it runs pretty damn deep. Which also ends up vaguely funny when we have a spider trapped under a piece of Tupperware and I need to call my brother to get him to drive over and kill it for us. Whilst we snuggle in the corner.

X) We may be leather and spike clad punks, but I can't -stand- arachnids. Ever since I was a kid.

Also, I'm terrified that everypony around me is going to die >~>

I think about it all the time. I'm not afraid of my own death...

I don't know what I'd do if more ponies died around me.

I think I've lost too many already, I am terrified I'm going to lose everypony else.

Makes me very paranoid.

Yeesh that's a bad case of Necrophobia

know what else freaks me out that I forgot to mention? other people's babies. maybe my own babies would freak me out too, but I wouldn't know since I don't have any :P

well, I guess it's not so much scared of babies as it is completely disgusted by them. once they know how to walk and talk, I have no problem with them, but before that I avoid them at all costs. the worst is when people force me to hold their babies, then that's two of my fears on me at once. my fear of gross babies and my fear of doing something wrong.