Calling all foals!

The IRC chat this morning/afternoon/whatever gave me an idea!!

We need more foal RP! SO, I propose we have a big filly and colt get-together!

We need to come up with some kind of activity where all the little foals can get together and just have fun and be cute.

Suggestions!

-Hide and seek (or Ponyhunt for nighttime)

-Tag

-House/ Castle

-Exploration

-Snowball fight

This list is not all inclusive! What do you all think they should do?

Games and such could even be divided into a 'gender wars' sort of thing if we wanted to.

Join in! Let's make an RP so adorable that Canterlot has a diabetic attack!

Valen can be anywhere you want him to be and would play anything or get involved in anything.

@Dav- Perhaps they were messing around on a train and it left so they end up wherever we are and I dunno after that? Could also make a funny little travel/adventure story, especially if we can get someone else on that train and have some lulzy events happen.

I don't have a foal OC, unfortunately (but I just might make one just to participate in this) but I 100% approve of this topic. Also, SteelEagle, having them hop on a train and have a lulzy advenutre around Equestria sounds like an awesome idea.

That's it, I'm making a new OC specifically to participate in this.

@Dav- Perhaps they were messing around on a train and it left so they end up wherever we are and I dunno after that? Could also make a funny little travel/adventure story, especially if we can get someone else on that train and have some lulzy events happen.

That's brilliant! :I

I shall keep track of this, then. XD

Valen can be anywhere you want him to be and would play anything or get involved in anything.

You know what? Why don't we do that? :-o

A whole bunch of foals get lost on a train, and just go on one big epic adventure? Complete with danger, mystery, concerned parents, candy, and shenanigans!

I'd have no problem with that, but it would still be nice to have some sort of RP/Event where it is just the foals in some organized Foalish activity.

Perhaps it starts off like that, then the foals decide to go and play around on one of the attractions at night(which is a train, I dunno why) and it gets a goin'? By making it some sort of big event, we have a good reason for ponies from different parts of Equestria to be there.

I'd have no problem with that, but it would still be nice to have some sort of RP/Event where it is just the foals in some organized Foalish activity.

Perhaps it starts off like that, then the foals decide to go and play around on one of the attractions at night(which is a train, I dunno why) and it gets a goin'? By making it some sort of big event, we have a good reason for ponies from different parts of Equestria to be there.

Maybe hide and go seek or ponyhunt? Somepony decides to hide on a train they think is done for the evening, and once that foal is found and they're getting ready to start a new game, the train departs!

I'm just throwing ideas out. If anyone can improve on this or has a better idea, by all means do so! :)

Hmm... maybe... maybe there can be, like, a carnival that only comes around once a year, and it's this big huge thing that everypony wants to go to. This year it's near the train station or something, and the foals think it's part of the fairgrounds or something. Maybe they all find some old clothes or something in one of the luggage cars and start messing around with it. The train starts leaving, but their having too much fun to notice. Eventually they do notice, and decide to roll with it.

Maybe a bit too much detail, but that could be the general start.

Yeah, we'll see how it all works out! Either way, as long as we have a good reason for the older ponies to take the foals, fillies and colts to the area, we can run wild. of course, that means we would need to expand this past just the foals- we would need the parents/guardians involved in the RP, if they are being played.

I wouldn't make it too big, though. I mean, involving parents? The bigger this gets, the more convoluted it gets. I would limit it to the foals themselves at first, and maybe get parents involved over the course of it. I mean, mine don't have parents or guardians available, but..

I don't know, it's just a thought. :/

I really like the idea, though.

I wouldn't make it too big, though. I mean, involving parents? The bigger this gets, the more convoluted it gets. I would limit it to the foals themselves at first, and maybe get parents involved over the course of it. I mean, mine don't have parents or guardians available, but..

I don't know, it's just a thought. :/

I really like the idea, though.

The issue is that since foals, colts, and fillies are spread out across the nation and the vast majority do not have the same freedom of movement that their parents would enjoy, if we want to get all of them involved/as many as possible, it has to be the sort of thing parents/guardians would either take them too or wish to attend themselves. We don't need all of them involved, just the ones with RPed parents/guardians, and just the ones who definitely want to be involved- the rest can be done with a wave and a nod, probably. :D

Yeah, I was just about to say, the young ones can't really go anywhere without their parents, unless they have no parents. Once they get to the site, we could easily do away with the parents in a fashion such as "Alright, meet back here at sunset. Stay out of trouble" then parents leave. This also depends on how we're actually gonna have them playing near the trains in the first place.

We could always re-include the parents later, like after a while the posts could go something like:

*stuff about the foal*

--

*stuff about the parents*

I like this and I would participate if I had a Foal ready (Working on an App, but it's not submitted much less approved, for Pipsqueak) Love the idea and (dont take this the wrong way) I hope it doesn't get too far along by the time I can join! :D

What we could do, if we could entice the admins/mods to do so, is make this an event. Then our train misadventure can splinter off of that. It gives us the best of both worlds: A nice series of fun Foal activities while the mares and stallions get to enjoy the event, and when it is all over, we get to hop aboard a train for a wild misadventure.

Of course, I always look at things in an epic scope. Perhaps the event has an Iron Pony competition attached to it? It would allow a sort of Running of the Leaves type event to take place and those that don't want to be involved in the competition but would like to be involved with the RP can interact with the Foals, who are running around the event center/fairgrounds having a grand ol' time.

Well, of course we would need to do so!:D

Perhaps we can make an interest topic for the Iron Pony Competition in the Equestrian National Fair? The IPC would be a part of the Fair, and the Foals and their fun could have a thread for themselves.

I really like the grand misadventure idea personally, because it would be a big, fun RP, could be a great experience for character development, and it would give a chance for player ponies to have an adventure that would normally be seen at a cast/TV level. Something special for them to remember and make them stick out!

What sticks out best for me is the event idea. Maybe if we can get the help staff or mods on board, we can have sort of a mini event like a fair or carnival as was suggested. This event could include contests games and the like that would involve foals and their parents. But then would come an important mishap (the foals getting lost on the train) that could spark two different, big RPs! The foals trying to find their way home as they explore Equestria and get into all sorts of little misadventures, and the parents forming a party to travel far and wide to look for them, having their own little adventures as well!

Then eventually would come the last important event! The reunion! Lots of hugs and tears of joy (and some foals who are in serious trouble :blush: )

What do you guys think about that?

I actually kinda like the idea of an Iron Pony Competition/Running of the Leaves. Takes out the parents from the picture, and can include some non-foals as well, their babysitter(s) could come along too or something, maybe stressing out the entire time while the foals are off doing whatever, the babysitter can be like "We need to go back. Like, now. Before your parents do." And then the babysitter proceeds to have a Twilight-level breakdown. (Clock is ticking, babysitter. Clock. Is. TICKING!)

So basically, yeah, have a huge event, then have two huge adventures with the parents looking for the foals, and the foals having no idea what's going on besides they're having fun.

I don't want to be the negaton here, but if what we want is crazy awesome foal adventure, we don't need to build a whole detached event around it.

Remember, there can be a fair without turning it into an actual event. The bigger it is, the more likely it will be a convoluted mess. Unless of course it becomes too big to fail.. XD

Anyway, I'm on board for foal adventures. It's just the thing for River and Chip.

Oh, as I postulated earlier, we should make a topic for IPC interest in an Equestrian National Fair. The IPC would be the event that would require all that special work; Foal playing around and eventual adventure would likely be handled in a normal RP, along with normal Fair thangs. At least, that is my idea.

Valen is in no matter what.

:I

WHY DO I HAVE TO THINK OF LORD OF THE FLIES ALL OF THE SUDDEN? D:

Disregard that. -.-

On a more serious note, I'd prefer not making this an official event like the Running of the Leaves or something. Although we could ask a mod if there are events planned for the near future, and see if we can splinter off of that.