Recurring themes in your OCs

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

Really I didnt know that how ? is just because all ponies are earth until you add wings or a horn or both ?

:?: No way! Earth ponies have talents related to the Earth. Like, they're good at farming and know how to communicate better with animals and such. That's why Fluttershy is an oddball, because her talent is one an Earth pony should have. It's why Rainbow Dash is a weather Pegasus and Applejack is a farmer. It's not because Applejack can't fly, it's because she knows how to tend to the Earth. They have their own special 'magic', like how Pegasi can naturally walk on and movie clouds but other species can't. Earth ponies can farm and grow things and talk to critters. Oh ya, and Applebucking! How do you think that all the apples end up in the baskets perfectly? Earth pony 'magic'!

Ooh...where do I start?

-Most of them are female (working on making more guys)

-Most of them are tomboyish (Not fixin' that, because I am not all pink and fluffy)

-Most of them are fairly well-endowed (again, workin' on it)

-I have had a bad habit of making a good chunk bakers or chefs (my career goal)

There is a special project I'm working on that I've told almost no one about where character development will be even more important. ^^

Having spent many years as a D&D Dungeon Master, I can say that when I design an OC I am fully able to keep out thread commonalities between them. Over the years in DMing, forum RPing, LARPing, and writing, I have created several hundred main characters and thousands of supporting cast. When you get into a position that you create supporting cast on a regular basis instead of main characters you come to learn to break your biases when building characters.

All my OCs have some form of internal conflict (two equally valid opposing view points) built into them, creates a lot of plotline possibilities depending on which way they swing

For Lightwind: its the conflict between his crippling social anxiety and phobias conflicting with his job as a public performer and celebrity

Telki's desire to help is tampered with pragmatic "whats in it for me" greed

The theme I was using for Cheerilee (which will now transfer to my WIP OC) was "the who she is aka a jaded, mildly frustrated mare" vs "who she needed to be aka role model and public figure"

I run a webcomic which features 90% male characters... xD

I try to make more girl characters, though, right now there's only 3 planned while there's 9 (important) male characters. Yikes!

Other than that they're pretty different.

Another thing though; whenever I make a story about two male lead characters, these two characters tend to be very alike two other characters in another story.

Like, the lead characters are always the same in personality, but have different appearance in each story. Durr! Got to get better at that..

Well mine are still all ponies but all of them seem to not be from ponyville but always end up there.Two out of four have pets I have two unicorns now to with a pegasus and an earth pony.Only two don't have bad backgrounds.And then I have a shy pegasus two rude unicorns and one netueral pony.Yea thats it.