ive just realised...

kunio18

That there has not been a song on My Little Pony Friendship is Magic for ages since 18 "A Friend in Deed" and im dying to hear some new songs from our favorite pony's

so at our fellow animators and voice actors,

Y U NO NEW SONG FOR AGES!? :(

So hopefully in the next weeks show, the pinkie pie episode, there could be a new song, she was actually the last pony to sing since her last song 'Smile'

Yeah. Hopefully the finale has at least one big song in it. I kind of expect it will, since it's two parts and a big deal is being made out of it.

I kind of don't expect a song in next week's episode though.

Maybe they're building up like how they saved all the short little pinkie songs and used them all in AFiD... The season finale might just be a massive musical, almost like a movie (I mean we had, what, 3 songs in Best Night Ever? all full-length or close to it)

though I agree, tartarus, I'd love to have a song in EVERY episode! :sniff:

Maybe they're building up like how they saved all the short little pinkie songs and used them all in AFiD... The season finale might just be a massive musical, almost like a movie (I mean we had, what, 3 songs in Best Night Ever? all full-length or close to it)

I'm not sure I can agree with that. Part of what makes the music so special is the anticipation between songs. Would you get as excited when the music picks up if it happened every week?

Bad songs don't serve anyone.

And the random nature makes them more satisfying and interesting. I don't want to get to the point where I just expect them. It is important to be surprised and such.

Remember the first episode? TS couldn't believe that PP broke into song. They should either be spectacular or not exist, since it really is weird to start singing in a public place.

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the severe lack of Applejack songs ._. also Twilight songs, but she at least had winter wrap up, which mainly focused on her

I remember I was watching May the Best Pet Win for the first time in a big audience of pony fans, and we all had no idea there was going to be a song. When it started everyone started cheering; when it ended, a standing ovation. Brilliant.

If they force themselves to include songs then they won't be as well done and would have to be superfluous.

The only reason to include a song is if it accomplishes something that would not be done without the song. So far the songs all are either used to explain a point, be part of a joke, or set a tone. Just throwing songs in for no reason would take away as it would mean less time for the story and wouldn't accomplish anything