The meaning of life is Friendship.

MyLittlePonyTales

I think the meaning of life is to have as many offspring as possible.

Are you busy later, Weesh?

After reading this, I ran off to my bathroom to see if I was blushing. I was.

You have no right to refuse Weesh... it is your meaning of life after all....

...bwa?!...

You're a rat-bunny-tree-thing and I'm a pony, could it work?! :-o

Well, technically, I can still ride unicorns. Comparatively, how hard could a pony be?

Edit:

Also, there was a clarification today upon what I am: http://weeshcomic.com/archive.php?strip=2012-04-18

But what about the people who don't believe it's possible for God to exist?

Do they have no meaning?

Lol

I would say... ya. I mean, you can make your own meaning for your life, totally... but in the end, what does what you do in life matter? I mean, if you don't have a destined purpose, what IS your purpose? Like I said, it's just what you make it. Meh, kind of talking in circles. Maybe you'll have kids, they'll remember you when you're gone... a couple generations later, why did your life matter? I mean, if you don't believe in God, you probably don't believe in after life, so... what is the point?

I wold maintain that the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life, and if we were to solve it, life would no longer have meaning. I.E. If we knew what the meaning of life WAS, we would be able to fulfill it and thus make life empty and meaningless.

But what if you know the meaning of life, and that it can never be fulfilled until you're gone?

We have now moved into existential debate territory everyone! Congratulations!

But let me get serious here... The meaning of life cannot be defined as just one thing or even a series of things, nor is it even the same for everyone. The actions one takes defines their own meaning. We have changed the original meaning, which used to be simply survival. Yes, I believe the original meaning of life was merely survival and procreation. That is pretty much the one thing all life has in common, to survive until its latest time and create more of itself. However, we invented culture, and in doing so we have changed the rules. Now the meaning of life is unknown for each because now it is not as simple as merely surviving or procreating (OK some may still say procreation is part of the meaning of life, but it is only a small part).

If we take a more simple world like Equestria, then the cutie mark could determine the DIRECTION of that pony's meaning of life. Why? If you took away what that cutie mark represents, then they would lose their way and their life would lose the meaning it once had. They could still find meaning in other things, friends, lovers, hobbies and so fourth, but the thing that gave them purpose and meaning would be gone. What they might have strove to do, their life's goal would be lost.

To bring it BACK to the picture that started all of this, taking what I said into account... Part of the reason why Twilight had issues in the first episode before moving to Ponyville is because she has one of the more complicated cutie marks, with multiple meanings. Its not just simply magic or star gazing, but held another connection with friends and friendship. Without that friendship she was lost and awkward.

As for the question Tales proposed about not believing in God or the afterlife... I feel I should answer this as an atheist. Yes, I do believe this is it. Is that a bad thing to me? Not at all, because it is my goal to make an impact on this world. If I do something that will benefit future generations or accomplish something that will leave behind a legacy, even if its just kids or relatives, then it certainly did matter. I do not believe my father is somewhere watching over me, but I do believe he is living through me, all that he has taught me and the impact he left on the people he met. He didn't do anything that was particularly spectacular in the short time he was on this planet, but he positively affected just about everyone he met and that is his legacy. That was his meaning. And if all that he taught me helps me create something through science or accomplish something through science, it will be as much his legacy as mine, as I would have never had the drive to do it without my parents' support. I personally don't even like the idea that there is something after this, that there is some reward or continuation. I want what I do in this life to matter. Even if what I do only matters to those around me, it still matters. Every person changes the world in some way, and that change reverberates through many generations, no matter how large or small. Your life has probably been affected by people you don't know nor have ever met. I do not believe you need a God or an afterlife to give your life meaning.

What have we learned? Weesh is fuzzy and Starswirl can make a really interesting point about the meaning of life in four paragraphs.

My personal meaning of life is to guide and protect all other life with conviction, passion, kindness, and understanding. I believe there is definitely intelligence in nature.

Also you should never brush your teeth and drink orange juice.

What have we learned? Weesh is fuzzy and Starswirl can make a really interesting point about the meaning of life in four paragraphs.

My personal meaning of life is to guide and protect all other life with conviction, passion, kindness, and understanding. I believe there is definitely intelligence in nature.

Also you should never brush your teeth and drink orange juice.

we have also learned everyone loves rosewind

and rosewind can sum up everything pretty well

If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself.

Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

"Looking God in the Eye"

The meaning of life is to live to the extend of which one believes can finally believe he or she has completed all that there is to complete. Life is defined by one's own traits and actions, and is later defined by the paths taken by the person themselves. The path traveled is the path in which one's own life will end, and therefore the end of the path is always the same for all. There are many routes which all start in one road, and all eventually end in the same one as well. When one finally follows the road to the end, his or he eyes become less and less blind an finally the truth becomes clear. The meaning is each path is relative to the person traveling it. In the end, each person will find a different meaning, but the beginning and end will stay the same. Therefore, completion is the direct result of one's choices, and defines one's meaning.

-Quoted from Shadow's Second Edition Psychology Collection

The meaning of life...

I have no clue :P

For me it has been the simple answer that the meaning of life is simply to live your life. You give meaning to it by your actions, and not the actions of anypony else. You choose how to live it and in the end, the only one who will be able to honestly say whether it was worth anything or had meaning will be you.

So I guess, pretty much, my meaning of life is basically what Starswirl said at the beginning of his paragraphs. You give life it's own meaning.

However, I am rather tempted to agree that, yes... the meaning of life is in fact, Twilight's Plot.

Or the number 42...

Or a hot apple pie with some vanilla ice-cream on the side...

And a fudge brownie...

Hm, anypony else hungry?

It wasn't me this time I swear! Starswirlthebearded started it!

wha...wha...WHAT?! My first two posts were joking in nature, you got all philosophizy first! I just added to the standing discussion, and responded to tales too...

But hey! It is a fun convo ;) And when all else fails we can always fall back on 42 or Twi's plot. They are both fantastic meanings.

It wasn't me this time I swear! Starswirlthebearded started it!

wha...wha...WHAT?! My first two posts were joking in nature, you got all philosophizy first! I just added to the standing discussion, and responded to tales too...

But hey! It is a fun convo ;-) And when all else fails we can always fall back on 42 or Twi's plot. They are both fantastic meanings.

Yes... YES... That's it my puppets! Feel the tug of my strings and carry out your master's plans!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :mad:

On a less evil note... I got my apple pie and ice-cream and it is OH sooo good :kissy:

But hey! It is a fun convo ;-) And when all else fails we can always fall back on 42 or Twi's plot. They are both fantastic meanings.

Judging from spike falling on it regularly, I must assume Twi's plot is a comfortable place to fall. And isnt comfort something we all want out of life?