The meaning of life is Friendship.

MyLittlePonyTales

Wasn't the original question, "What is the meaning to life, the universe, and everything?"

Ah, I am realizing now that it wasn't worded the same as Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It should have said "the answer to life, the universe and everything..."

Actually, it does kind of make sense. Especially since most of the people that I know personally value friends more than their own family, myself included.

And in this day and age with the economy being as rough as it is, this thread pretty much sums up everything. The meaning of life is friendship because without that friendship, you lack knowing the necessary people that is required to get into the job market at this point, and it's only going to get worse in the years to come. Thus it's that friendship that help both stimulate, and destroy the economy at the same time.

Long story short though without going into a long thesis about regarding the aforementioned topic, Yeah, Friendship =/= meaning of life

The meaning of life isn't friendship... However life can be meaningless without friendship.

That said... That pic is awesome. I'd only noticed the running of the leaves thing.

And I'm pretty sure some ponies would argue that plot is also the meaning of life, especially twilight's.

:shock: Then what is?

Good question.

Does life actually have meaning?

And if so, who determines it?

Can it be summed up in a single word?

Is every person drawn towards a singular meaning or are there multiple meanings?

I consider the question to be spiritual in nature. I won't claim to have figured it out, but I'll take a stab at it...

* Be loved by God.

* Love God

* Love others

* Be loved by others

Good question.

Does life actually have meaning?

And if so, who determines it?

Can it be summed up in a single word?

Is every person drawn towards a singular meaning or are there multiple meanings?

I consider the question to be spiritual in nature. I won't claim to have figured it out, but I'll take a stab at it...

* Be loved by God.

* Love God

* Love others

* Be loved by others

I think the meaning of life is to have as many offspring as possible.

Are you busy later, Weesh?

You're a rat-bunny-tree-thing and I'm a pony, could it work?! :-o

(And in all seriousness, I think faith can be just as important, at least on the personal level you describe..)

I think the meaning of life is to have as many offspring as possible.

Are you busy later, Weesh?

Actually you're a rat-bunny-tree-thing and I'm a pony, could it work?! :-o

So you are choosing Weesh's "love others and be loved by others"

Interesting... Carry on. You have no right to refuse Weesh... it is your meaning of life after all....

I wold maintain that the meaning of life is to find out the meaning of life, and if we were to solve it, life would no longer have meaning. I.E. If we knew what the meaning of life WAS, we would be able to fulfill it and thus make life empty and meaningless.