[Ponyville][Frozen Delights]Grand Opening (Open)

IceStorm

It had taken a few weeks for Ice Storm to get everything ironed out for exactly what she needed for her business to get started. She knew that she would be successful based off of what other ponies had told her about Ponyville, and she would be able to get everything going in no time. The bank was actually quite generous and understanding, more so than she thought they would be at least, and were willing to give her a one thousand bit loan for her to get her supplies she needed. If she was as successful as she hoped that she would be here, Ice knew that wouldn't be that difficult to pay off. If nothing else only a couple months.

Ice Smiled as she walked into the tent that the mayor had said that she could use for her business. It was great for now, but once she got the bits, she would eventually want to own a store, but for right now, she was happy. She used the extra bits to get a small stand, and she began unpacking the boxes of Syrups that she got, and began filling up the water tank. So this is it, I'm finally going to be open again. I really really hope everypony here enjoys these more than they did in Canterlot. she thought to herself as she arranges the flavorings on the stand. She looked at the blenders that she got for the milkshakes and smoothies. She managed to get a decent quality ones where she could mix everything in the cup, and then just wash the bit after each use. It made her happy that she wouldn't have to waste time trying to fiddle with buttons and she could serve happy customers quicker.

After abut another hour of getting everything set up and making sure that the tables under the tent were clean and presentable, Ice Storm went out to the front of the tent and looked at it from the outside. She had done it. Her business was finally getting started again. It made her so happy that she could do something like this here in Ponyville. She finally was able to lift her sign with her telekinesis and place it of the front of the tent, the "FROZEN DELIGHTS" printed on them in Ice Shaped letters, and underneath it, she was able to put the sign that made her the happiest, as she placed her "open" sing on the small peg in the center. She then went over to the stand and posted her menu under the stand window.

Menu:

Snow Cones: 3 bits

Flavors: lemon, lime, raspberry, cherry, punch, grape, apple, watermelon, orange, strawberry

Milkshakes: 4 bits

Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Mint

Smoothies: 6 bits

Flavors: Strawberries & Cream, Orange Dreamcicle, Mixed Berry, Apple, Cherry, and Pineapple.

Ice Sculptures:

Prices Vary: Give at least one day in advance.

There, all done! Now to just wait for the first customer! Oh this is so exciting! she thought to herself as she moved behind her stand to await her first transaction.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lore weaver was taking some time off from setting up his bookstore. It was a difficult job, even with Ice Storm helping him. Addmittedly he did most of the work himself, partly because it was his store, but mainly because he knew Ice was busy setting up her own store.

As he wandered through the marketplace, he saw that Ice had indeed found a tent that she could at least temporarily occupy.

"Hello Ice Storm," the unicorn said as he approached the stand. "I see you got your place up and running. It's very nice."

Ice Storm wave at Lore when he said hello, and he started to approach the stand. "Yeah, it cost me a bit, but nothing I shouldn't be able to pay off in a couple months if everything goes well. Even if I don't get to stay in the tent, I still have my stand that I can sell from, and I made the tent look as presentable as possible making sure everything was clean and all that. In the end I just know it will be worth it. I made sure everything that I got was the highest quality I could find. Can I make you anything?" she asked with a smile.

"Wow, you sound like you have everything organized then and ready for customers. Actually I would like to be your first customer. It's the least I can do for heping me in the bookstore."

Lore scanned the menu, his hunger increasing with each frozen treat. Finally he settled on one.

"I think I'll try the chocolate milkshake. I like chocolate."

Ice Storm smiled, "One Chocolate milkshake coming up!" she said enthusiastically as she reached into the under section of the cart which she turned into a freezer with her magic. She pulled out the ice cream and a bit a milk and used the Syrup for the cup. Three squirts of Chocolate, two scoops of Ice Cream, another two squirts of chocolate, and a cup of milk all were placed under the bit of the blender and turned on. Low at first to make sure it didn't splash and she used her ice magic to thicken it.

Once the shake part was done she grabbed the whipped cream from the cooler and made a perfect top for it, drizzled it with chocolate and then placed a cherry on top and then handed it to Lore. "Here you go, One chocolate shake." Her tone excited, happy to be serving her friends. "The first one is on me. Consider it a thanks for letting me stay at your book shop." She said giving a wide-eyes closed smile.

Rarity had gotten word that today was the grand opening of Frozen Delights. Considering Ice Storm had been a good customer of hers, Rarity was inclined to pay her back by being one of the first in line at her new shop. She smiled fondly at the shop's sign as she approached the tent quietly. She noticed Ice Storm was already serving her first customer. The milkshake she gave to him looked simply divine. While before she had mostly came to pay back a valued customer for her patronage, now Rarity was quite excited to try the product.

"Greetings, Ice Storm, dear," Rarity said as she approached. "I heard about your grand opening. I came down here right away, to sample your fine, cool, sweet treats."

"What might you recommend I try?" Rarity asked as she started eyeing the menu.

Lore eagerly awaited as he saw the chocolate shake being. There was something about watching a food being made that excited him more that just being given the completed product. Maybe it was his fascination with how things were made, or maybe it was the build up to the end result.

"Hey thanks. It looks yummy!" He then dipped his muzzle to sip some of the milkshake. When he came up, some of the whip cream and the cherry was resting on his nose! Yet Lore didn't realize it, too satisfied by the shake.

"This shake is amazing Ice Storm! You certainly have a knack for this." Lore then realized that another pony appeared. This one he hadn't seen before, but then again being new to Ponyville he hadn't met many ponies yet. She was very pretty and sophisticated, like some from Canterlot. And she was a unicorn, which was a surprise that there were more unicorns than he first imagined.

"Oh hello. I'm sorry I didn't see you there before. My name's Lore Weaver, but you can call my Lore if you prefer. May I ask what your name is?"

Today was the grand opening of Frozen Delights. The Mayor had promised Ice Storm to be there when it would open. She was running a bit late when she had to finish the monthly audits on the town's budget and sent the report to Canterlot. She was always punctual but that report could not wait so she hurried as fast as she could to the tent. She was surprised to see Rarity to be one of the first customers. Lore was there as well as usual giving his support for the endeavor of his dear friend, Ice.

"Oh my... I'm sorry that I came late... " she said as she was still panting. "I had to do a report that had to be done today."

She paused for a moment as she normalized her breathing and glanced at the menu.She figured that she could use a pick me up after all that running, and something to clear her mind after finishing those reports.

"Lore, how are you and how's the bookstore? Are you opening soon?"

"Hello there Rarity, fancy seeing you here. I didn't know that you and Ice were acquainted. Just goes to show you what a wonderful little town we have right here."

"Oh, the Strawberry and Creme smoothie sounds delectable. I'll have one please." She said as she tossed 6 bits on the counter.

"Greetings, Ice Storm, dear," Rarity said as she approached. "I heard about your grand opening. I came down here right away, to sample your fine, cool, sweet treats."

"Hey Rarity! Thanks, it really means a lot to me. I still can't thank you enough for helping me out when you did," she replied with a smile turning to Lore.

"Hey thanks. It looks yummy!" He then dipped his muzzle to sip some of the milkshake. When he came up, some of the whip cream and the cherry was resting on his nose! Yet Lore didn't realize it, too satisfied by the shake.

"This shake is amazing Ice Storm! You certainly have a knack for this."

"Thank you Lore, I've been doing this for a while. I used to run this same store in Canterlot. It wasn't as well received there but it paid the bills. I'm glad you enjoy it!" She told him turning back to Rarity.

"What might you recommend I try?" Rarity asked as she started eyeing the menu.

"Hmm, well everything I have is of the highest quality I could find here. Anything less would have been unacceptable. You can't have the highest quality products without the highest quality ingredients. That being said, everything I have is good." She said smiling as she noticed the Mayor coming in.

"Oh my... I'm sorry that I came late... " she said as she was still panting. "I had to do a report that had to be done today."

"Oh, the Strawberry and Creme smoothie sounds delectable. I'll have one please." She said as she tossed 6 bits on the counter.

"Oh that's quite okay. I just opened so you aren't late at all." She said as she put the fresh strawberries in the bottom of the cup with about a quarter of a cup of the actually juice, and used her magic to pull water up from the water tank and freeze it into a powder snow as well as the cream. She put both in the cup and lifted it under the blender to be mixed. It took a bit longer than the shake to get fine tuned, but that was because of the pieces of fruit that were getting blended in. Once finished, Ice took another whole strawberry and placed it down onto the rim of the cup to keep it in place. She then handed the Smoothie to the Mayor and put the bits in the drawer, making sure to take one bit of that and put it aside. All she had to do was make ten sales today, and she could have Rarity paid off, and guarantee a secured friendship with her.

"Oh hello. I'm sorry I didn't see you there before. My name's Lore Weaver, but you can call my Lore if you prefer. May I ask what your name is?"

The customer in front of Rarity in line said, turning to her. He was a violet unicorn stallion with a blue mane. Rarity couldn't remember seeing him around before.

"A pleasure to meet you, darling. I am Rarity, proprietor Ponyville's premier fashion boutique!" Rarity said as she greeted the pony excitedly. "I happen to be a friendly acquaintance of Miss Ice Storm here."

"Hello there Rarity, fancy seeing you here. I didn't know that you and Ice were acquainted. Just goes to show you what a wonderful little town we have right here."

Just as Rarity finished speaking those words, a third customer arrived. This one was far more familiar. Rarity smiled at the mayor of Ponyville. Of all the ponies to show, Rarity hadn't expected this one. To already know the mayor, evidently Ice Storm knew how to make connections and make them quickly.

"Indeed, Mayor. Ice here is a patron of my boutique. Just the other day, she purchased from me the loveliest of dresses," Rarity explained with a nod.

"Hey Rarity! Thanks, it really means a lot to me. I still can't thank you enough for helping me out when you did."

Finally she turned her full attention to Ice Storm herself. She smiled at the pony's kind words to her.

"It was nothing, darling. It was the least I could do," Rarity said shaking her head.

"Hmm, well everything I have is of the highest quality I could find here. Anything less would have been unacceptable. You can't have the highest quality products without the highest quality ingredients. That being said, everything I have is good."

That was the right sort of confidence! Rarity nodded. "In that case... I recall you speaking quite proudly of your snow cones back at the Boutique," Rarity said, thinking back to their previous encounter. "I'd be delighted to try the raspberry."

More ponies joined and they all knew Ice Storm.

"You're welcome Ice. And here," he said as the unicorn placed four bits on the table. "That's for the shake. I know you said it's on the house, but I insist on paying for it."

He then saw the Mayor approach. He had a feeling she'd be there. The Mayor, though busy, always was able to meet new ponies and attend grand openings. Not only did she inquire about Ice's business, but she remembered that Lore wasworking on opening his bookstore.

"The bookstore is coming alond nicely, especially thanks to Ice helping me. I just have to finish sorting the books and add them to the shelves. Thank you for asking."

Rarity then introduced herself to Lore, saying she was a friend to Ice storm. The unicorn despite whatever happened in Canterlot was able to make friends very easily.

"Nice to meet you Rarity. I'm actually a friend with Ice Storm. She's currently staying at my place in a spare room. I'm going to be opening a bookstore in Ponyville soon. I've actually only been here a short time. Are there any types of books you like to read?"

Ice Storm finished making the smoothing for the Mayor and left it on the counter for her to pick up when she was ready. She then turned to Rarity and nodded as she asked for one of her raspberry snow-cones. Her snow-cones, while they were quite large, it was still hard to spiff up a snow-cone to make it look as fancy as a shake or a smoothie. Than being said, The quality she made them more than made up for it. Ice Pulled one of the cones from the dispenser and access the water tank again. She pulled the water up into a stream with her telekinesis and started swirling and freezing it at the same time, causing it to be as fluffy as if it had just fallen from the sky. She conformed the newly made snow to fit snugly and applied the flavoring while doing so. After a few moments, the snow cone was the size of a small globe, and after a few more moments, it looks like a perfect sphere and Ice tops it with a fresh raspberry. "Here you go Rarity. One Raspberry snow cone. I hope you enjoy it," she said with a smile.

Dunder Blust was flying over Ponyville on his way from Cloudsdale. He was just flying along, his saddlebags rustling and his rapier flailing as he flew, when he noticed a new building on top of a recently cleared piece of land. He paused mid flight, pondering if he should go to the place. Heshrugged, deciding that Cloudsdale was close enough. He swooped in front of the store and stretched out his wings before stepping inside.

"Oh my, this looks just lovely, darling. I can't wait to try it!" Rarity said with enthusiasm as she took her snow cone from Ice storm and placed three bits on her counter.

She looked back and noticed that yet another customer had appeared, the pegasus stallion from the party the other day. Dunder Blust, she believed his name was. She smiled at him.

Rarity turned back toward Lore Weaver to consider his words, "Nice to meet you Rarity. I'm actually a friend with Ice Storm. She's currently staying at my place in a spare room. I'm going to be opening a bookstore in Ponyville soon. I've actually only been here a short time. Are there any types of books you like to read?"

She gave a nod. "That's quite gracious of you to lend Ice your home," She smiled at the unicorn. "I like to read on occasion. Fashion books, romances, whatever catches my fancy. I'm very close friends with the mare who run's Ponyville's library in fact. That said, I'd be delighted to give your bookstore a try as well. It's the least I could do."

(OOC: I know I'm after Rarity, in order, but I'm waiting for the Mayor to reply. Then I guess I'll post after the Mayor).

The Mayor sipped the last of the Strawberry Smoothie. It had been nothing like she'd tasted before and was quite surprised at the quality. She figured that this would be now a regular place to stop whenever she did her unofficial rounds in Ponyville.

"That was delicious!" She exclaimed. "I do believe I will make it a habit to drop by your store from time to time and taste the other flavors."

"I'm sorry that I need to leave on such short notice. I have other business to attend to, but I'll be back later in the day. I'm sure it would be like nothing to end the day with one of your delectable iced creations. See you later Ponies, have a good day!"

(( Sorry for the late reply, I need to drop out though. Thanks! ))

"Ok. Bye then Ms. Mayor," Lore Weaver said with a wave. She was always on the go it seemed!

Lore then turned her attention to Rarity when she spoke. Apparantly this pony also knew the mare who owned the library, Twilight Sparkle. Lore began to wonder and a little bit worry about how well his chances of having a bookstore would be with a library next door. He wasn't upset about a library, in fact he wanted to be a librarian himself. But if many ponies knew this Twilight and the library, it might be hard to sway them to go to the bookstore.

"Fashion and romance. Well I'm not really knowledgable about either," Lore said to Rarity, blusing a bit as he basically admitted that when it came to romance, he, although like many ponies was looking for a special somepony, wasn't having much success in that department. The stacks of self help books on how to find a special somepony attested to that fact! "But I do have some books on fashion and a pretty big collection of romance novels."

Lore also noticed that another pony, a pegasus, showed up. "Hello there! I'm Lore Weaver. What's your name?"

"Thank you Ma'dam Mayor. I'm happy that you enjoyed it, and feel free to stop by anytime, short of anything unexpected I plan on being open every day," she said with a smile. She turned back to Rarity. It Excited Ice to hear Rarity's excitement in her voice when she said how lovely the snow cone looked, and when she put the three bits on the counter, Ice politely slid them back to her. "That won't be necessary. I still owe you money remember? I can't in good conscious charge you for something while I still owe you a debt. It just wouldn't be right. And don't worry, I'm not deducting this either, I owe you ten bits, and I will make sure you get all ten." she said with a smile. she loved making others happy, and Rarity had done so much for her already, she couldn't think of charging her right now just like she couldn't really charger her own landlord at the moment.

Just then a brown Pegasus landed just at the entrance of the tent and Ice Recognized him immediately. It was Dunder! the Pegasus that had helped her so much when she first got here. She was already seeing so many of her friends here that it was making her happier than she could have imagined. She knew that her store was going to be a success. "Hey Dunder!" she said with a smile and a wave.

A Pegasus slowly moved his ways through the sky, keeping an eye on what went on in front of him. Every once in a while, a small bird would fly above him, before swiftly fleeing. The small creatures seemed like they had other things to do, and not follow the Pegasus around. Maybe a place to return to, with things to do.. Nests to be made, chicks to tend to, food to gather.. And what did he have to do?

Books couldn't do much at home, besides write. Though writing just wasn't coming to him. Ideas evaded him, and often was the stallion met with writer's block. Wouldn't it be best if he just took a break, and possibly went out for a treat? He deserved it, in his opinion. Not like anything bad would happen! Right below him was Ponyville, too. He had met a few ponies while helping in the Wrap Up, and would possibly meet them there. Or maybe not.

The stallion slowly flew downwards, before gently reaching the ground. His hooves touched the road softly before he was fully on the earth. Glancing around, he wondered where to go. Though Books didn't need to wonder much, as something caught his eye. It was a tent, and it seemed to be gaining quite an amount of customers. It seemed welcoming enough. 'Frozen Delights' it read. Though Books preferred his 'delights' warm and hot, he'd make an exception for this.

The Pegasus slowly trotted over. All he wanted was a treat-- Hopefully not much chit-chat. Unless the pony was able to help with his writing, he wouldn't bother talking to them much. Ugh, and Celestia forbid he met an annoying pony.. Somepony calm and quiet and not weird would be nice..

"Excuse me, miss?" Books said, looking at the mare who seemed to be the owner.

As Dunder walked in, the only ponies he recognized were Rarity and Ice Storm. He returned the smile to Rarity and greeted her with a "Hello." She seemed like the only pony he knew there that wasn't an worker, so he trotted over and took a seat on the same table.

They were talking about books, something Dunder knew some about. Not romance, some fashion though. Although it was older fashion and he hardly ever wore clothes that weren't a uniform. He didn't decide to say anything to Rarity or the other pony.

Dunder heard Ice Storm call his name. He turned to the unicorn, "Hey! Ice Storm." He said as he flew over and hugged her. "It's good to see ythat you finally got the store up." He said with a smile as he hugged her. "By the way, I'll have a blueberry snowcone."

"Goodbye, dear!" Rarity said as she waved to the Mayor. it was a shame she couldn't stay to chat, but Rarity supposed that's how it is when you're in politics. Rarity could definitely understand being busy.

She smiled at Ice then as the unicorn refused her bits. Rarity felt kind of bad about that. Ice was just starting out. As far as she was concerned she needed every bit she could get. However, that said, Ice clearly saw this as a token of kindness and it was a mere three bits either way. Rarity nodded and retracted her bits. "Very well darling, but next time I stop by I insist on paying you. I know how very taxing it can be to start up a new business."

She looked at Lore Weaver. She supposed this pony was learning that now himself. "That sounds lovely then. I will definitely make sure to stop by!"

As Ice and Dunder started to talk, another customer arrived. He was a stallion that Rarity believed she had seen before. That's right, she could remember seeing him converse with Cheerilee. She hadn't said anything to him herself though, so it wasn't worth a greeting. She just smiled a little and backed up, eager to try the raspberry snow cone in her hooves.

She took her first bite happily and then smiled wider. "Oh my, Ice Storm, that's delicious! I have no idea how you might have gotten the ice so delightfully smooth and sweet."

Lore smiled at the fact that Rarity was interested in his shop. Everytime that a pony said that they were interested in his bookstore, it pushed the doubts of moving to Ponyville and starting a business futher back in his mind.

He then saw a new pony, a pegasus, appear. He seemed quiet, either shy or not wanting to talk to other ponies. It couldn't hurt meeting a new pony though.

"Hello. I'm Lore Weaver. What's your name?"

Books was quietly scanning the treats when a voice interrupted him. Glancing up and looking over, he noticed a purple unicorn talking to him. Of course, someone he didn't know.. And, of course, another pony who's name he'd have to learn. The stallion sighed, closing his eyes for a second. Guess he'd have to respond, unless he wanted to seem rude. Which he didn't want to-- It was just who he was.

"Eh.. Hello, Lore Weaver.. My name is Books," the Pegasus mumbled. Sighing, as he knew the conversation would soon come to a stop, he continued on. "I'm known as Latte by my few friends, though." Books had few friends, and he wasn't afraid to mention it, he guessed. It wasn't abnormal or anything. Other ponies these days just didn't.. Well, appeal to him. Most just enjoyed gossip, and it wasn't his things. He'd rather talk of stories and writing. No one was fond of that, though.

Books glanced around at the other customers. He hadn't recognized any of them. These ponies seemed unfamiliar, until one caught his eye. He had seen her before, he recalled, though he never spoke to her. Small place this was, he guessed.

Ice Storm looked and saw that she was starting to get quite a crowd. This made her extremely happy. Another pegasus landed in front of the tent. His coloration was very much like a cup of her coffee in the mornings. Granted, she prefers her coffees cold or iced, but still, didn't change the fact that he looked like it. She quickly repeated the process for she snow-cone but with blueberry instead of raspberry flavoring. "Here you go Dunder," she said as Rarity stated that she had absolutely loved her snow-cone. This made Ice very happy, "It's just come from years of practice. It always makes me happy to give ponies the absolute best, and nothing short of perfection." she said to her tuning to the new Pegasus in the store. "What can I get for you today?"

Dunder reached into his saddlebag before she finished making the snowcone. When she handed him the cone, He took it with one hoof and put 4 bits onto hers with the other. "Thank you." Dunder said to her happily, "This tastes good. I'm glad I payed you those bits to help you get started. It was more than worth it." He stated with a smile as he happily ate the snow cone. He flew back over the counter to rejoin the other ponies.

He noticed a new pegasus there who said there name was Books. He flew back over the the group and just listened as he ate the snow cone. He didn't really like to talk and eat at the same time anyway, and Books looked pretty shy so it was best not to make him feel overwhelmed.