A seventh to the mane group?

Starfox64x

Kind of curious, would you be interested in a 7th pony being added to the mane cast? What characteristics do you think they'd have? Would it be another female? or would they add a male? do you think it would help or hurt the show? Would they have to redo the opening theme song to accommodate the newbie? what do you think?

Hmm...

Well, this would suitably follow a Trope "The Sixth Ranger".

To be frank, the idea is just very odd. While I'd LOVE for a new pony to explore backstory upon...we've yet to see all of the Mane 6 already get developed fully. Heck, we still know VERY LITTLE about Fluttershy...

The show would change a lot, I'd say. With the writing the way it is, I don't even think it could accomodate a seventh mane cast member. However, it'd certainly provide new ground to explore, new characterization for everypony, and certainly new ways to work with the show.

However, the mane cast's chemistry as of now is something just too precious to tamper with. I say "No Go" for a seventh character if given the choice.

Yeah. I'd be against it too. We already have six great main characters, and seven if you count Spike. I don't think it's necessary to add another pony.

To be frank, the idea is just very odd. While I'd LOVE for a new pony to explore backstory upon...we've yet to see all of the Mane 6 already get developed fully. Heck, we still know VERY LITTLE about Fluttershy...

Think for a moment... What do we know about ANY pony?

AJ went to live with her aunt/uncle for a while...

Rainbow flew a race and made a sonic rainboom (and possibly provided moral support to fluttershy)...

Flutters fell off a cloud during above race and learned she could talk to animals, then went back and still got laughed at...

Pinkie lived on a rock farm...

Rarity always liked to sew and did costumes for a school play...

Honestly, that's basically ALL we know about any of the many 6's foalhood except Twilight (and really when you dig, while we know *more* we still dont know all that much about her even! maybe 5-10 facts at most)

I also agree with the idea about the chemistry being very delicate. I've even said that replacing the Mane 6 with the (adult) CMC would destroy the show. I think we can always get more screen time for a supporting cast member (like happened with Granny Smith) but I dont see any change to the mane-6 as helping the show (though as a temporary member for just one arc it might prove interesting)

• Like 2

True true, they havent said much about... ANY of the characters really... we know a little about their cutie marks, but more than that, they dont have much of a history other than what we've seen... but maybe in the future after we get to know them better?

While the inclusion of a seventh member to the group is pretty unlikely, anything is possible, considering Hasbro's ongoing reputation of shoehorning new characters into their t.v. series for the sole purpose of product advertisement.

I doubut they would have a seventh character, especially considering the Elements of Harmony has six parts. Plot wise, they could always throw in the "mysterious seventh element" and thus have a new pony.

Still, then may have a new secondary character, just like when they introduced Cadence and Shining Armor. They could even have a recurring secondary rather than a one shot.

I think that the mane six cover almost every personality. If you added another pony, the balance would be disrupted.

For example, the competitive spirit between Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack, and the sweet one between Rarity and Fluttershy.

I think that the mane six cover almost every personality. If you added another pony, the balance would be disrupted.

For example, the competitive spirit between Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack, and the sweet one between Rarity and Fluttershy.

Or the opposite one between Rarity and Apple Jack

Why would they want to add to the mane 6 when they have so many secondary characters to work with? Spike, Zecora, the CMC, the Cakes, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. They could even do an episode of Big Macintosh and Cheerilie getting together, for real, this time :kissy:

Adding a seventh mane character does not sound like a good idea to me. Way too many shows have gone down that route with disastrous results since the new character is usually thrown in to either bump up the ratings or because the producers think they know how to make a better character then the writers.

I think the method they have going now works fine. The show already has a strong supporting cast, with the CMC almost having mane character status. New characters should be start as supporting characters and if they are popular and interesting enough used more. I would like to see Cadence and Shining Armor get some more episodes but it would feel unnatural if they suddenly where mane characters with a thin explanation of why they are living in ponyville

Adding a seventh mane character does not sound like a good idea to me. Way too many shows have gone down that route with disastrous results since the new character is usually thrown in to either bump up the ratings or because the producers think they know how to make a better character then the writers.

The Scrappy

(Ironically despite his status as "worst decision ever made in a cartoon" he actually DID boost ratings... ...and a very few of us exist that loved scrappy...)