Two questions...

TemplarFrost

Just a few quick RP questions...

1. Am I too low of a level to roleplay?

Just wondering because I know that Role Players are sometimes up to thousands in forum posts, with tons of trophies, cutiemarks, friends, and sigs, and If I do get in, Ill be just a small, lonely Rock Farmer, with my 13 little posts, and apples.

Darn those confounded apples...

2. Can my application character have a negative background?

I read the application guide, and the RP rules, all 9000 of them, and I have not found anything saying I can't, but I just like to have a special okay before I continue with my application.

Thanks

- Frost

There are no restrictions concerning roleplaying from this side. You even could make your 4th post in RP area if you wanted, though I assume 4th would be an app first for EQ world.

That's a subjective question, as it depends on what kind of negative background we're talking of. Different kinds of unfortunate accidents are fine I guess, although all must be kept inside the boundaries of common sense as it's Equestria after all. It's not a world torn apart with wars and stuff, if you keep up with my way of thinking. The restrictions are probably lighter for crossovers RP area.

But it really, really depends how does definition of 'negative' sounds from your side.

• Like 1

1: New users enter the RP all the time. I personally have one of the highest post counts here (especially for non-staff members) and I'm probably one of the more involved in the RP (or at least it feels like it these days), but I love RPing with new members when I can. So yeah, there's no need to be afraid to RP here. We're by in large pretty friendly and accommodating, I'd like to think.

2: There are rules about how dark and negative you can go. That said, I've gotten away with some pretty harsh stuff in some of my apps (abandonment, deaths of loved ones, etc). Maybe some of them wouldn't fly now, since the mods have gotten maybe just a little stricter with apps since I first joined, but you should still be fine as long as you don't go overboard with it. And if you want to know what going overboard with it might entail, you might want to glance at some of Skye's posts in this topic.

• Like 1

Nope. Some people get their three Introduction posts out of the way and then put an Application up on their fourth. That, or start a topic in the Free Roleplay section.

It depends on how negative. Equestria is not a negative land, it is a land of harmony, love, and tolerance. Negative backgrounds just don't make sense.

That said, we do have thieves, pirates, and orphans. Generally the first two are such out of choice. Abusive parents/family members are just not something that seem normal to Equestria. However, you haven't said if you want your character to be a pony or not. A tragic/negative past is more plausible outside of pony lands.

The basic thing is to remember that your character is from Equestria, not Earth. Keeps things all ages appropriate, and the staff can help you work out any kinks. ;)

• Like 2

Re: 1

We had a player who's 4th post was for an app for a cast char, and he almost won, there are also plenty of low-level players in the RP

(also level does not automatically mean your gonna get or not get a lot of replies/threads. I'm pushing 2K posts, but if you look at my history, 95% of them were discussion posts, and to date I've not had a single thread that didnt die (often within a couple pages or less)

Re: 2

Like Tales said, Outside of going *too* dark, nope. I have a Juvenile Delinquent who likes to tag buildings and throw rocks through windows (not to mention steal apples by distracting the salesponies) About as close to a 'gang member' as an equestrian filly can get. I would point out that the site does steer towards characters who *can* be redeemed (that is, no Absolute Monsters who have Crossed the Moral Event Horizon) but redemption is not *required*

Back when the forum was brand spankin' new, i think my first post was my AJ application, and my second one was my introduction. Wow things have changed xD I definetly think for the better though; i was shocked when they approved me for AJ, I was like "You dont even know me yet, lol"