[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Something strange was happening behind Guiding Light as he waited patiently for his turn in the line. He heard a pony shout in surprise and then heard a very very Very hyperactive voice was heard behing the colt, saying something about a banjo and the line being for a wedding. Light began to wonder if this was the right line. He wanted apples, not a wedding. What would he do with a wedding?

That's when he saw Apple Bloom there apparantly checking on the pony who shouted. Apparantly she didn't see him in the crowd, which was strange as he was one of the youngest ponies there. Only a foal giggling behind him counted as one really younger than him. But Light was used to being invisible, both to older ponies and ponies his age. His shyness never helped this problem.

That's when he heard it, those words dreadful to a pony of his shyness: Apple Kiss. While he wasn't necessarily going to be kissed by Apple Bloom, he was guaranteed a kiss by Apple Bloom's sister, Applejack. And in his colt mind, kissing Applejack was like kissing Apple Bloom as a mare.

Then he thought: maybe he heard it wrong. There was only one way to find out.

"Hi, um... Apple Bloom. Nice meeting you here. Then again you live here so I'm not surprised. Anyway, what did you say this line was for?"

• Like 1

Carrot Cake couldn't help but blush at Granny Smith's words as he quickly shook his head, "O-Oh no, Applejack won't be Kissing me, Granny Smith, she'll be kissing Pumpkin Cake here." he said, smiling nervously at the old mare as he motioned towards Pumpkin. Just as he looked over at the foal, however, he saw her hurling hte rattle over at Harrington Sleuth's head. Mr. Cake's eyes widened with shock upon seeing this. "Pumpkin, no!" Mr. Cake exclaimed as he quickly turned to Harrington to apologize. "I'm really sorry about that sir! This little filly's got a penchant for mischief. It didn't hit you too hard, did it?" Mr. Cake asked in a concerned tone as he was suddenly interrupted by a familiar high-pitched voice. Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie Pie? What are you doing here?" Mr. Cake asked as he began looking over Pinkie in her rather unusual getup. "And… What's with those clothes and banjo?"

"I'm alright...it didn't hurt that mu--"

Harrington nearly fell over when Pinkie accidentally struck his head in about the same spot. He stood dazed for a moment, then shook it off, though the pain throbbed worse from the second hit. Another domino topple of ponies narrowly avoided. A young filly he hadn't seen around went up to him not long after he was hit, and she asked him if he was okay.

"I'm fine, don't worry too much about me...just a couple of bumps is all. I understand she's just a foal...nothing personal. Just that it hurts a little. And I came prepared to buy two bushels for an adventure coming up soon...a couple of hits with a toy will be little in comparison. I've come to stock up on food before we go...Celestia knows how long we'll be in there. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Apple Bloom. My name is Harrington Sleuth, and I'm a private investigator from a town not too far from here--Baltimare."

Pinkie Pie smiled widely, enjoying the camaraderie and chatter of the crowd -- this was definitely her place to be! She shouldered her banjo and tugged politely on her cupcake bandana, smiling widely at Apple Bloom. "It's not a wedding?! So she's just kissing people for fun huh? That's actually a really...oh hi there!" Pinkie waved to Guiding Light. "You must be Apple Bloom's coltfriend huh?" Pinkie nudged the young filly with her elbow, giving her a wacky look. "He looks like a keeper to me!" She said quite loudly, in earshot of pretty much everypony. "She definitely lives here, but she's welcome at Sugarcube Corner anytime! You know it's my plan to steal all of the Apple Family's secret reci...oh hi Granny! I didn't see you there! You are a bit of a shorty pony, especially next to Carrot!"

Pinkie held up her banjo. It was made with carved pine, and slathered with white and red paint. Two of its five strings hung off the instrument sadly. "I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about here, Mr. Cake! My banjo? I tried to fix it using gum and some twine, but it doesn't have the same twang," Pinkie said matter-of-factly. "I bet it can still strum out an interesting tune, though!" She scratched Pumpkin Cake's chin with her hoof. The baby unicorn squealed with delight. "Would you like me to play a song, widdle Pumpkin?" Pinkie sat on her haunches and placed the banjo across her tummy, strumming on the strings. It was clearly out of tune, but well enough catchy!

"Oh happy apple day, here's a happy apple tune!

I've got an apple apple apple apple apple for you!

The sun shines bright and the sky is clear, with friends

and family near. We'll sing happy apple yeah, happy apple

joy, Pumpkin Cake hit that stallion over there with her toy! WEEEEEEE!"

Pinkie finished her ditty with several more out-of-tune chords. Another string popped off her banjo with a thunk and a snap. She didn't seem to mind, though! Pumpkin clapped her little hooves together, quite delighted at Pinkie's performance. "Pie! Piiiiie!"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

As Harrington started talking, his coherency and ability to lay out on the table a near over-excessiveness of details allowed Apple Bloom a moment of calm. He was okay and not currently attempting to combat anypony, so the Apple Kiss was saved. He was private investigator? What was that? And Baltimare?! That was a nice little city. Not as big as Manehattan or Canterlot, but a fair bit bigger than Ponyville or even Trottingham. Interesting fellow.

"Well, its nice to meetcha Harry-Ann Slooth! Private Investigator? Whatcha do? Is Baltimare very nice?" She asked, juggling the interest she had in his company with the fact that nearby, she could sense somepony shy dishonoring the line with excessive and near criminal shynessity. That could only mean Guiding Light, who was spotted as Apple Bloom turned around.

Apple Bloom was a little taken aback to see Guiding light in line and blending so well in with the lines. he should have been incognito, not Lyra and her silly costume. It was a bit disheartening to see him in such a state still despite Apple Bloom's encouragement to get him to start acting more like a pony and less like a slug, but she figured that such things took time. Guiding Light was a patient under the care of Miss Apple Bloom, M.D. in the Hospital of Life or something similar.Did that analogy work? She'd have to ask her sister later, seeing as she was a super smart special pony.

"Oh, howdy thar Guidin'! I almost didn't see you thar. You need ta learn ta speak up and stand up straight!" Apple Bloom chortled with almost excessive mirth as she reached Guiding Light and roughly handled him, placing one hoof on his lower back and another on his upper chest. She then pushed in opposite directions until she believed he was more upright than before, looking more like a colt should.

"Thar you go! Naw you don't look like some sorta slouch or nothin'. As for the line, this here is the Apple Kiss! The first one-hundred who buy a bushel o' apples, the best in all of Equestria, get a kiss from mah big sis Applejack, the smartest, nicest, and prettiest mare anywhere!" She exclaimed once more, tail flitting about in over-excitement. It was at that moment that Pinkie started talking.

Pinkie Pie was a delight, but she often said nonsensical things and this would prove to be another one of those times when her mouth had trotted ahead of her mind. More like galloped, since it was hard to imagine anything simply trotting away from that motor mind of hers. If her mind was a motor, her mouth was magically induced for silliness and speed as before Apple Bloom could even move her mind around Pinkie's change of pace, she registered 'coltfriend' and a moment later felt herself getting nudged in the ribs. Color drained from Apple Bloom's face as the stark realization of what Pinkie thought was going on bit her like a whole bushel of apples right on her head. She let her hooves off of Guiding in embarrassment as she shook her head with a sincere look of unease and confusion splashed on her face.

"Naw, he ain't mah coltfriend. What'd make ya think that, Pinkie? Guidin's just a good ol' friend of mine. Shy one though, Ah'm always tryin' ta get him ta dinner but it always falls through," She offered matter of factly, content to let the topic die as she listened to the somewhat addicting Apple song. Maybe she sould commission Pinkie Pie to write some sort of song for this? It'd be a major hit for sure!

ajbanner.png

Bon Bon looked distracted, as she wasn't even facing Applejack at the front of the line. She seemed to be occupied, talking with Lyra about her feelings. Or maybe she was unsure how many bushels to buy. Yeah, thats it, she just needs more time is all. With several ponies in line, Applejack decided that she should move the line along in order to get ponies what they wanted in a more timely manner. She didn't like making ponies wait, but what could you expect when everypony wants to take a nice bite out fresh orange-hued apples? Wait time for that kind of opportunity is a necessary evil. Applejack motioned to the next pony in line. "Come on up, next pony. This mare seems to need a little more time to think." Coming up to Applejack's booth, came a very proportioned silver unicorn, with bleached mane and tail. "Selling apples by the bushel, buy one and get a kiss on the house, from me!" Applejack winked to the stallion. "What can I do ya for?"

79 Kisses left!

Next up

22. Mythos Gray

23. Twilight Shine

24. Opal Shards

25. Savory Spell

26. Electric Vibe

27. Guiding Light

28. Harrington Sleuth

29. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

30. Inkwell

31. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey

Bon Bon

Updates:

-IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Windy Daze has dropped out of the kiss line, per the character owner.

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Hinata2000100 has my permission to use first person perspective.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky :smug:

3. Lore Weaver :smug:

4. Dunder Blust :?

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :?

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings :smug:

13. Donut "Pony" Joe :smug:

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :?

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn :smug:

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Inkwell nodded and smiled at Mr. Cake. Of course he would be getting apples for his bakery. The thought of apple pie made Inkwell smile, but then he remembered that he wanted to try making his own pie. It wouldn’t come out as good as the ones from Sugarcube Corner, but would Mr. Cake react well to the idea of someone else making them? He looked at the ground and considered breaking the question, only to see adorable little Pumpkin Cake tossing her rattle at another pony in line. “H-hey, that wasn’t very nice, sweetheart,” he said, not that she paid him any attention.

And then who should show up but Pinkie Pie, dressed in a country outfit and playing a banjo? Inkwell never really knew what to say when he met her, so he just let her talk to her boss and play a neat little improvised song on that banjo. In a way, he envied that spontaneity, especially since nopony seemed to think any less of her for it.

“Hello, Pinkie!” he finally said, smiling and waving in her direction. “I didn’t know you could play the banjo!” He wasn’t the only one who liked it, seeing as how little Pumpkin was applauding and calling Pinkie’s name. “Looks like you’ve got a fan.” He smiled and gave Pumpkin a little wave.

And of course, Pinkie was letting a few embarrassing things slip. Apparently she thought that Apple Bloom had a coltfriend, and at such a young age, not to mention sometime about stealing recipes. “Oh, um, that reminds me, I’m getting these apples kind of because I wanted to try baking. Not as a job or anything, just wanted to try something new. I don’t suppose either of you have any advice for me starting out?” He looked over at Pinkie Pie and Mr. Cake with a nervous smile.

Pinkie Pie turned her brilliant blue gaze from Pumpkin to Inkwell. "Inky! You artsy pony you! How great to see you here! I sure can play the banjo. This one is a bit bungled, though! I mean gosh, look at it! It's like, a bad-jo!" She giggle-snorted at her stupid pun. "Did you know you can make a whistle out of an apple? You have to carve little holes in it with a corkscrew. You blow in the blossom end...but you really should clean out the seeds first. I didn't once and shot Mr. Cake in the eye, and he wasn't very happy about that! Remember that, Carrot? Hey, at least I didn't try to make a whistle out of watermelon or something!" Pinkie really didn't come up for air.

"You're starting out with baking?" Pinkie nodded knowingly. "My best advice is to avoid setting your kitchen on fire! And yourself. You'd be surprised how those two are related, really!" Pinkie smiled widely at the traveling artist. At that same moment, Pumpkin's rattle sailed into the side of her head, oozing thick drool down her cheek. Pinkie didn't even flinch, much less notice Pumpkin's latest transgression.

"Well, Baltimare is a decent town, but not a place for a pony of my ambitions," he began. "A private investigator, my dear filly, is...a detective for hire. Ponies pay me when they need me to find something out. It could be something they're missing, somepony who damaged their possessions or house, a wrong done to them which they don't know the pony behind the deed...it encompasses a broad spectrum of tasks. But my goal is to use my skills to make it on with a city's local authority as official investigator." His eyes lit up as he thought of his next statement. "Ultimately...I one day hope to make it on with the Royal Guard...maybe attain a new rank as Royal Investigator."

He spoke with Apple Bloom to answer her questions despite the presence of party pony extraordinaire, Pinkie Pie. He especially tried to not mind her after she clocked him on the head with the rattle Pumpkin Cake had and used to do the same thing before. Two throbbing bumps poked out slightly on the back of his head where he was struck both times. Here was not the place to start a fight, and he also made it a point to never pick a fight with a mare unless another moral obligation superseded this ethical standard. Since nopony's life was in danger, he contained his feelings at the moment and turned back to look at Pinkie Pie when Apple Bloom had started talking to Guiding Light.

"Hello," he said to Pinkie. "I don't believe I've seen you before or have become acquainted. My name's Harrington Sleuth, and I'm a private investigator. Who are you?"

Suddenly Apple Bloom recognized him and mentioned his shyness. If he had a bit for everytime he was called shy, he'd be living in a mansion in Canterlot! The filly then rather forcefully grabbed his back and his stomach in something like a sideways hug and then suddenly pulled. Light swore he could hear his spine cracking as the filly tried to get him to stand upright.

Then Guiding Light's eyes went wide when Pinkie Pie mentioned to Apple Bloom that he was her coltfriend and that he was "a good catch." Immediately his normally yellow face turned red with embarrassment. Of course Apple Bloom knew this fact, but Pinkie Pie basically blabbed it to just about everypony in the line. He wondered if any of the filly's family caught ear of this, especially Applejack. Would Apple Bloom's older sister be ok with him being her special somepony?

Then it happened... something that pushed away the fact that Pinkie Pie mentioned him being Apple Bloom's coltfriend or even the fact that he was about to get kissed by Applejack. He saw Apple Bloom turn pale and then announce to Pinkie Pie that Light wasn't her coltfriend, but just a friend. He couldn't believe it. He thought that he made it clear while at Zecora's place that he wanted her to be his special somepony. Was he just operating under a false pretense all this time?

"So... you mean you don't want to be my special somepony," Light said as his ears flatened against the sides of his head.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith's 'train of thought' has been broken, like it often is. Seems the elderly mare's short term memory sometimes runs a little 'off track.' She was snapped back into reality by Harrington's reply.

"Store? Oh yeah! The store! Thank ya, sonny!" the gray maned mare neighed as she watched him get bonked by Pumpkin Cake's new rattle and Pinkie Pie appearing as if out of nowhere in the line. She then heard Carrot Cake's explanation about how AJ would be kissing his foal daughter instead of him,

"Dandy idear, Mr. Cake! And if'n that don't work, y'all kin always have Applejack kiss the baby instead of you!" Granny Smith said confidently before hearing Pinkie Pie's rapid fire question.

"This ain't no weddin', silly billy!" the lime green mare laughed, "This here's a line to buy apples! We got too many of'm so we're sellin'm and offerin' a kiss from AppleJack for them that do buy'm up! If'n ya wanna git in on this, ya need to git in line and wait yur turn like every other pony, got it?"

Apple Strudel was watching everything from a distance. He gasped when he saw Pumpkin Cake throw her rattle at Harrington. Spotting the rattle lying on the ground, the gray bearded stallion trotted into action, quickly grabbing up the rattle, washing it and then returning it to the foal.

"Dere you are, fraulein Pumpkin," Apple Strudel said, "mustn't throw it around und get it all dirty, ja?"

Although Carrot Cake should have been used to Pinkie Pie's random songs by now, he was very much caught offguard by Pinkie's apple song. He stood there for a moment, speechless as Pumpkin squeeled with joy, before finally talking. "Er… That was very nice Pinkie." He said, smiling nervously as he looked ahead of to see how much longer he had to wait in line. He just stood there in line as Pinkie launched into one of her usual silly ramblings. "Yes, I remember, Pinkie, it was this morning." he said in somewhat of an exasperated tone. It wasn't until he heard Inkwell's question to him regarding advice on baking that Mr. Cake's full attention turned back to Inwkell and Pinkie as he waited for Pinkie to finish giving her two cents, already having some advice in mind, "I suppose the best advice that I can give you, Inkwell, is to just be creative and have fun while you do it. And don't worry if you don't get it right the first time, every attempt is a learning experience, especially the failures." Mr. Cake said ina warm fatherly tone which abrubtly turned to a rather stern and annoyed tone as he saw The same drool covered raddle from before hit the side of Pinkie's face. "No Pumpkin! We do not throw things at other ponies!" the stallion said as he let out a sigh. "I think she's starting to pick up some of her brother's habits."

• Like 1

"My, that is quite impressive magic, Mr Mythos." Opal said with a smile. "Maybe you could tell us a story? Or maybe part of it? It looks like it will still be quite the wait."

She looked around for the little blue filly that had been next to her, but she didn't see her. "Maybe it will even reinvigorate the interest of little miss Twilight. Who knows?" She laughed brightly, showing her perfect, white teeth.

Since the line didn't seem to move much at all, she decided to lean on a nearby fence post, her breezy dress flowing in the wind.

((I apoligize for being gone so long, real life can be a pain))

Mythos smiles at the mare more then willing before realizing that he was up much to his suprise and says with a laugh, "I would love to Miss Shards but it would seem during out conversation it is now my turn, so if you would excuse me I better help get this line moving again. I would love to speak with you farther once I am down with Miss Applejack." He gives a respectful bow, clearly wishing he did not have to leave the mare's side a second time before hurrying up to Applejakc with a smille.

ajbanner.png

The silver pony had walked up and looked at Applejack. But he just stared. Applejack smiled, and then smiled some more, introducing a little awkward eye bounce as they looked at each other. Applejack wasn't sure if he hadn't heard what Applejack had said to him. Was he deaf? Applejack coughed, stared some more, and then broke silence. "So, what is it you wanted? You're buying apples right?" Applejack sidestepped and leaned forward on the counter.

79 Kisses left!

Next up

22. Mythos Gray

23. Twilight Shine

24. Opal Shards

25. Savory Spell

26. Electric Vibe

27. Guiding Light

28. Harrington Sleuth

29. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

30. Inkwell

31. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

On hold:

Survey

Bon Bon

Updates:

-IMPORTANT: If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-This is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Windy Daze has dropped out of the kiss line, per the character owner.

-Electric Vibe is actually directly behind Savory Spell, as they have both approached the line recently. Not to worry, though. Just continue your conversation normally, and maybe it can become a three-way conversation.

-Hinata2000100 has my permission to use first person perspective.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Parhelion whistled to himself as he glided in for a touchdown near Sweet Apple Acres. It was good to be back in Ponyville. He had first visited the much-storied little town in the previous year's winter wrap-up, along with many ponies from across equestria. Now that summer was here, Parhelion was down from Stalliongrad to visit his parents in Cloudsdale. As usual, his mother had a thousand thousand errands for him to run, mostly to help her with the events she was always organizing for the city.

Today it was apples. Sun-drop apple pie was a speciality of his mother's, and this year she was making a whole mess of them for a summer feast. Which mean the purchase of a commensurate mess of apples, which meant a team of pegasi to haul them back to equestria, which meant Parhelion was on point for the whole affair--from collecting the team to organizing transport to arranging purchase.

He loved his mother, but just didn't have her talent for mass organization, and his head was spinning from all the recent running around and herding pegasi and scheduling. The long glide to Ponyville had set his spirits right again, but when he saw the queue his whistling stopped. He landed daintily at the back of the line and peered up ahead. There was a very pretty filly in a cute hat at a booth, talking to a silver pony.

Parhelion cleared his throat and spoke to the pink pony in front of him. "Um...excuse me. Is this the line for apples? Sweet apple acres apples, I mean."

Drool slipped down the side of Pinkie's face as she waved warmly to Harrington. "Yeah, I know who you are! You're Harry! Weren't you involved in a turnip scandal not too long ago at the...oh, did Pumpkin do something, Mr. Cake? She's such a sweet widdle filly, she would never do anything naughty huh?!" Pumpkin stuck the rattle back in her mouth (why Granny gave it back to her was anypony's guess), gave it a fresh coat of drool, and lobbed it straight in the pink mare's face. It stuck to her curly pink mane, almost like glue. She turned her attention back to the stallion, the rattle bouncing around in her fluffy pink hair. "I didn't believe anything about the turnip scandal when I heard about it, Harry, so you've got my support on that!"

Pinkie turned her attention to the light gray pegasus, Parhelion. "Hiiiiiii there Party! How's the weather up there? Teehee! You wouldn't mind cluing me in on if we're getting rain next week? My umbrella hat ripped and I need to get it fixed soon!" The crazy pink mare grinned at him. "We're in a line?"

Pumpkin Cake frowned venomously at her Father as he chided her. Standing in a line was starting to make her cranky, though Pinkie's presence was helping to lift her mood. A little.

Parhelion's eyes went wide and he stepped back a little, looking slightly to either side as if for a clue or help. This pink pony was practically prancing. "Um...yes? I mean...uh, the weather's fine, but I'm afraid I'm in from Stalliongrad to visit my parents, and I don't know about the local weather. I can try to find out later, though. And, uh, yes, I think we're in a line. I'm supposed to pick up a 'bushel' of apples. Well, not pick it up, of course, but arrange for it to be picked up and..." he realized he was rambling, unseated by the unexpected exuberance of Pinkie's response.

Ah! A foal! That was something solid he could hang on to. "Hello," he said to Pumpkin Cake, with a gentle smile. "Got your rattle in your mouth, huh? Personally, I'd be shaking it around, but to each their own." He looked back up at Pinkie. "Is the little one yours?"

Pinkie and Mr. Cake both gave Inkwell their advice on baking, both of which seemed very self-evident to him. Of course fire safety was a pretty big priority, and only somepony like Pinkie Pie would think that others would need to be reminded of that. But Mr Cake’s advice was a bit surprising. He’d known to do that for years now, but only in regards to his art. When he was a young colt, he’d been afraid of failure, and so he didn’t draw or sharpen his skills. That advice, given to him by his grandfather, had finally made him break through that fear and start him on the right path.

He felt silly about not assuming the same principles applied to baking. It was an acquired skill like drawing, and it could even be a creative art as well. One or two of his distant relatives were talented chefs, after all. “Oh, okay, got it. Have fun, experiment, and watch out for fires. Thanks!” He smiled at Pinkie and Mr. Cake, then looked back at the cranky foal in Mr. Cake’s bag.

“Aw, what’re you doing, honey?” he asked, looking into Pumpkin’s cute little face. “You bored? I know how that gets. Too bad you can’t draw yet, that always works for me.” He pursed his lips, thinking of how he could entertain Pumpkin, while making the mistake of keeping his head close to her face.

"Turnip scandal? Where was this? When was this? What even happened? And how was I supposedly involved? Who did you hear this from anyway? Are they even a reliable news source?" Harrington started rattling off questions one after another, wondering how anypony could connect him to an incident involving turnips. He didn't even remember being anywhere near a large source of turnips! She must either have seen somepony that somewhat resembled himself or she wasn't even watching the same scandal.

This mare is off her rocker, he thought. Of course, I haven't been on my travels for a terribly long time...there must have been something that happened she's referring to, and for some reason, I was there...

"Wait a second...did you just call me...Harry? I mean, I know you probably overheard my name, but...nopony except my parents, sister and close friends call me that...and they're all back in Baltimare..." He was quite confused by what Pinkie told him since they hadn't even exchanged names or otherwise introduced themselves. Well, it might technically count that Pinkie introduced the back of the P.I. Pegasus's head to a pain he never before realized, but how was it in those few moments they even saw each other, she knew who he was?

I have to know...does she have some sort of strange magic or power that lets her read ponies' minds? If so...how does an earth pony get that sort of ability?

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Was it strange that Apple Bloom didn't think of herself as the type of pony that would play around for others? Not in the fun way, but in the objectly cruel, perhaps even mean way that on rare occasions she heard Rarity had a habit of doing with some colts and stallions. It wasn't intentional if Apple Bloom had done it which she supposed was a fair distance removed from Rarity's common manipulation. Poor Guiding Light- had he operated under the illusion that she was his fillyfriend? How awkward for the poor colt and embarrassing for her to know that she had led him astray, and to know that it had likely gone on for far longer than she'd like to think struck her as meaning she was some unaware filly. It was an all together sour situation and she worried mightily that it would ruin an otherwise sweet day.

However, another thought pushed itself to the forefront. It proved to be a true blue savior of mental well being and the surest sign of all that she was perfectly able to turn any negative into a positive. What if he was playing a joke? The shy types almost always seemed to have a good sense of humor. A play on words and emotions, feigning sadness for the laughter- that was a very nice alternative to him just being a sad pony. Yes, a delightfully positive alternative. Apple Bloom endorsed it and without hesitating a second more gave Guiding Light a swift chuckle and a quick punch-tap on the shoulder with her hoof.

"Ahh Guidin', yer a silly Colt if there ever was one. Ah'll get that dinner set up for sometime this week, 'kay?" Apple Bloom chortled as she walked away, storming to the front of the line. She was needed, as always, to keep things spicy and exciting up front. Wasn't like there was much else to do.

"'Ey Applejack, who'd ya sell some apples ya now? Who's next?" Apple Bloom asked as she started sniffing around the area in search of an item of great and terrible importance.

"And where the hay is mah megaphone?"

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"Look at me, baby! Who's a silly pony? Who's a silly pony?" Granny Smith shouted as she stood in front of Carrot Cake and his foal Pumpkin Cake wearing AppleBloom's megaphone on her head. The elderly mare then began to make more silly noises as she performed a silly dance to help entertain the cute unicorn filly.

"Vhat are you doing, mein sister?" Apple Strudel asked. "Dat is AppleBloom's property und she is looking for it!"

"WHEEEEEEEEE!" Granny Smith shouted as she went into a spin, but then spun out of control, crashing into a nearby apple tree.

"SISTER! ARE YOU OK?" the gray bearded stallion asked.

"Fit as a fiddle, Strudel!" the wobbly gray maned mare neighed seconds before several red apples tumbled down on top of Granny one by one. the last one knocking the slightly dented megaphone from Granny's head.

ajbanner.png

The silver pony just stared. Applejack did too. Awkward. Applejack stepped to the side, but Mythos seemed to keep staring straight. She looked at where he was staring, and saw that he was looking at the bushels of apples, all lined up for selling. "Oh! You wanna see the apples first? Not a problem." Applejack directed the silver pony to look himself. With him was also Bon Bon, Survey, who was still standing by with his camera waiting for his help to carry his purchase, and a white pegasus. Suddenly, several ponies were behind the booth looking very critically at the apples. Applejack had no fear that the apples would sell themselves. They always did. But it made her nervous as to why the ponies were doing such things. She shook herself. "Take a good look, everypony! These are grade 'A' Sweet Apple Acre apples there. Take all the time you need to sniff them out."

Applejack turned back around to the front of the line, which was beginning to shed because of the recent crowd of ponies wanting to look at the product. The apple product, anyways. She turned her attention to a dark azure colored filly with a horn. "Well, hello, little filly. What's your name? You here to buy some apples? Or are you one ah Apple Bloom's little school friends?"

((New updates! Please notice changes in line order!))

79 Kisses left!

Next up

22. Twilight Shine

23. Savory Spell

24. Electric Vibe

25. Guiding Light

26. Harrington Sleuth

27. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

28. Inkwell

29. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

30. Parhelion

On hold:

Survey (PM me when ready)

Bon Bon (apps open)

Mythos Gray (inactive - PM me when ready)

Opal Shards (PM me when ready)

Updates:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up USING PRIVATE MESSAGES, NOT IN THE THREAD.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

Applejack turned back around to the front of the line, which was beginning to shed because of the recent crowd of ponies wanting to look at the product. The apple product, anyways. She turned her attention to a dark azure colored filly with a horn. "Well, hello, little filly. What's your name? You here to buy some apples? Or are you one ah Apple Bloom's little school friends?"

Twilight heard somepony talking about to a filly, and it sounded like they were talking to her. She turned around to be met with a bright orange mare. "Oh, hello! My name's Twilight Shine! Yes, I'm here to buy some apples, and I actually do know Apple Bloom from school. I just met her today, actually." (I'm using the info from the "Class is in Session RP, if you couldn't tell. :P) Twilight said, smiling. "Oh, yes, bits... Um...." Twilight muttered, digging through her saddlebag and pulling out several bits, perhaps more than necessary. "Is this enough?" She asked, pointing at the bits.

Guiding Light was shy but he wasn't gullible. He expected from Apple Bloom the straight answer. He wanted to know once and for all if she really wanted to be his special somepony or if he was really laboring under some false delusion created by his desire to be loved by somepony other than his parents. It was simple: yes or no.

But in a most unexpected twist, Apple Bloom believed that he has joking with her about being her special somepony!

"Wait! It's not a joke. I really want to be your special..."

Before he could finish, Apple Bloom had already gone back to the front of the line

How could she even think about him making a joke like that? Unless... she thought that it was a joke that the two could ever be special someponies. In a way that made sense to him. Who could ever love a colt who was shy like him? He wanted to just curl up into a ball and cry, or run from Sweet Apple Acres and not look back. But Light promised his mom that he'd get those apples, no matter how heartbroken he felt.

ajbanner.png

Applejack saw the blue filly spill several coins on the counter, more than enough to buy a bushel of apples. Applejack thought it was adorable. "Oh, Sugarcube, you're so cute! Of course that's enough. But I only need five for a bushel." Applejack shovels five bits into her treasure chest, and gathers the remaining change and places them back in Twilight's coin purse. A cute little filly buying apples for her family or something. It made Applejack smile. But, a filly carrying a bushel of apples?

Fortunately, Big Mac had just returned from his helping with Reno with his apples. "Oh, Big Mac! You're back. Could you help this little blue filly with her apples? I bet she'd appreciate the help." Applejack winked. Big Mac smiled but rolled his eyes and sighed with content. Applejack placed on Big Mac's back a nice bushel of golden delicious apples. "Alright, now, little filly, mah brother will help you out with the apples. Take care now." Applejack winked yet again and waved to Twilight Shine. But then it dawned on her. "Oh wait! I forgot the most important thing!" Applejack scooted herself around and in front of Twilight Shine, picked her up by the shoulders, and planted a soft smooch on the little ponies cheek. Setting her back down, she tipped her hat. "Stay outta trouble, little one, and maybe one day when you're big and strong, you'll be able to achieve your dreams." Applejack waved her hoof. "Come visit us anytime! Any friend of mah sister's is a friend of the farm!"

Applejack saw the line shift forward, and the next pony was standing in front of her.

New updates! Please notice changes in line order!

78 Kisses left!

Next up

23. Savory Spell

24. Electric Vibe

25. Guiding Light

26. Harrington Sleuth

27. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

28. Inkwell

29. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

30. Parhelion

On hold:

Survey (PM me when ready)

Bon Bon (apps open)

Mythos Gray (inactive - PM me when ready)

Opal Shards (PM me when ready)

Updates:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

Kissed

1-10

11-20

14. Rarity ajscreen.png

21-30

22. Twilight Shine :smug: