[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had by this stage grown so accustomed to the eternal silliness of both Granny Smith and Great Uncle Strudel that when Strudel went rocketing up into the air, Apple Bloom didn't give it but a full second's consideration. He was fine and she was sure that in the next few minutes something else would happen to her kooky but beloved elders. When those two were together it was like a never-ending cavalcade of comedic, slapstick silliness. No wonder Granny Smith had such spotty memory; her head was always getting batted about and Great Uncle Strudel took more hits than a tree at harvest. Silly ponies!

She went to check up on her Great Uncle when a kind stallion took it upon himself to help her with the epic load of tasty treats that terrified tiny tots, a fact to which she could attest. One time when she had been a foal in kindergarten, Applejack had brought a similar load to class and the sheer mountain of tasty deliciousness had toppled, burying a few under the girth. Maybe some good had come of it and those who had been temporarily blotted from existence by the pile of treats wouldn't overindulge in the future. But could you overindulge on apple treats? It seemed ridiculous. She went to thank the kind stallion when Applejack brought her into a close embrace.

After she had been released, she wobbled for a second. Not only was Applejack's strength uncanny, but her little body hadn't had time to recover from the load of deliciousness. Then she realized she was around a princess and that had to demand a bow if nothing else at the very least, right? Still wobbly, she attempted a bow. the lack of coordinate resulted in her bonking her forehead on the stall, which promptly ended her silly wobbling. She rubbed her head as the stars that blasted around her subsided slowly and she opened her eyes which ended their wobbly sillyness soon after as well. She smiled as she threw her hooves on the stall. Yeah, she remembered Princess Luna being all scary, though she had been too busy for much of the night to pay attention to all the rumored drama.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah! Ah remember ya. That was tha best Nightmare Night ev'r 'cause of ya! Mah name's Apple Bloom. Ah'm Applejack's little sis here at Sweet Apple Acres and a' student in Miss Cheerilee's class!"[/colour] Apple Bloom offered, assuming that everypony who was anypony knew Miss Cheerilee.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm still justa blank flank, but Ah'm gunna get mah cutie mark any day now, Ah bet! Hey, how'd ya get your cutie mark, yer majesty?" [/colour]She asked, obtusely glancing sideways to getter a better look at the cutie mark thatt adorned the Princess' flank without needing to move.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack's eyes grew to the size of saucers as Luna ate and enjoyed the fritter. Having royal lips touch property, er food rather, from the farm was something Applejack had always dreamed of. All the years she invited Celestia to come to the farm, who would have thought that it was her sister, who was a thousand years removed, would be the first one to set foot at Sweet Apple Acres.

As Apple Bloom adorably started chatting with the Princess, which was a site Applejack could hardly ever top to think about, she returned to her post behind the counter and listened. As she listened, she understood the line of bowing ponies who had patiently waited for their moment to touch their lips on sweet crunchy apples. She had to interrupt. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Um, Apple Bloom, that's great Sugar, but do ya think we can save the conversatin' until after she buys her apples?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack put a few apples out on the counter, all of different varieties, and looked up at the tall Princess. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "So Princess, it's five bits for a bushel, buy as many as you want, and if you buy at least one bushel..."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack blushed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, ah'm sure you don't care for a dirty earth pony lahk mahself to kiss you, huh?"[/colour]

75 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

38. Professor Ashen Smirk

39. Razor

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Enforced immediately: I've been very forgiving in this thread when it comes to amout of content, but it's getting a little out of hoof, now. Effective immediately, I will be putting a 5 sentence minimum on all future RP posts in this thread. Please try to be thorough and descriptive with your ponies, your pony's thoughts, and your pony's actions. There's more to a pony post than just what they are saying.

-Princess Luna is a pony of royalty. Any pony in line who wants to recognize her and let her cut in front of them is allowed to. Every player is responsible for their character. The line order applies to the princess too, but if characters want to change positions in line, that is allowed.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Git down outta that tree, silly brother! You ain't no bird!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith yelled up at him.

[colour=#006400]"I vish I could, dear sister!" [/colour]Apple Strudel shouted down. The elderly mare looked around and spotted a trampoline nearby. Slowly, she dragged it under the tree.

[colour=#00FF00]"Now ya kin jump down, Strudel! It'll be fine!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"If you say so, Granny," [/colour]the bearded stallion muttered as he jumped off the tree limb and took his first bounce on the trampoline.

[colour=#006400]"VVVVEEEEEEEEE!" [/colour]Apple Strudel shouted as he bounced a few more times up and down until he did a backward flip, bounced sideways off the trampoline and went flying towards Princess Luna.

[colour=#00FF00]"INCOMING!!!!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted, putting her Army helmet and ducked behind the apple stand for cover.

Pinkie Pie enthusiastically whacked Razor across the back, pulling him into a hug. [colour=#ED458B]"Pffft! You don't need to go on a diet, you're little enough! I mean uh, vertically challenged! Oh wait, no no no. Um, heightenly lacking?" [/colour]She hopped up and down, smiling something fierce. As she hopped, she might have lifted the poor griffon off the ground. [colour=#ED458B]"Of course I'm happy! I get to meet a new friend with the coolest ever-looking fur I've seen! Usually furry things around here are really only found at Fluttershy's cottage! Ever been there?! There's all sorts of wildlife. I can't seem to take a step there without stepping on something. Last time I was there, I got my hoof caught in a groundhog hole! I tried to pull it out, then stumbled into a den of raccoons! I frightened them, and they accidentally ran into her chicken coop! Ever seen a family of raccoons in a chicken coop? Trust me buddy, you don't want to!" [/colour]

Pause. [colour=#ED458B]"Do you like cookies?"[/colour]

Pinkie Pie enthusiastically whacked Razor across the back, pulling him into a hug. [colour=#ED458B]"Pffft! You don't need to go on a diet, you're little enough! I mean uh, vertically challenged! Oh wait, no no no. Um, heightenly lacking?" [/colour]She hopped up and down, smiling something fierce. As she hopped, she might have lifted the poor griffon off the ground. [colour=#ED458B]"Of course I'm happy! I get to meet a new friend with the coolest ever-looking fur I've seen! Usually furry things around here are really only found at Fluttershy's cottage! Ever been there?! There's all sorts of wildlife. I can't seem to take a step there without stepping on something. Last time I was there, I got my hoof caught in a groundhog hole! I tried to pull it out, then stumbled into a den of raccoons! I frightened them, and they accidentally ran into her chicken coop! Ever seen a family of raccoons in a chicken coop? Trust me buddy, you don't want to!" [/colour]

Pause. [colour=#ED458B]"Do you like cookies?"[/colour]

Razor blushed immediatly as he was being pressed into a hug, even the height comments flew past his head this time as he was to busy registering the fact that he was being hugged by a female that was not his mother or sister. The close contact was increasingly uncomfortable, due to the simple fact that Razor had NEVER been this close up to a girl EVER! Oh sure he had gotten hugs from his mother and sister, but this was different and frankly something the height challanged griffon was not use to at all.

"I...I...I..I....Uh....." Razor stammered with each hop up and down as he blushed even more, "Uh...um...my my...fur....it's just fur, though...thanks for the compliment."

'Blast!' Razor thought, 'I'm acting like a complete idiot!'

He mentally slapped himself to regain some commposure and save some face.

"I uh....no....don't even know who Fluttershy is....umm..," Razor stammered, finally glad for the hopping to stop, "Umm.....I guess I do...like cookies......could you let me go please?"

[colour=#000080]”Thank you, Applejack. I doubt anypony in Equestria makes such fine apple fritters. After all, part of the dessert IS your family namesake.” The princess licked the last traces of the pastry from her face, not wanting to miss tasting a bit of it. She never knew when she'd find herself in Ponyville again, and the castle kitchens just couldn't do Apple family recipes justice.

”Oh, well thank you.” Luna acknowledged Apple Bloom's comment about Nightmare Night, blushing lightly at the kind words, and still not fully used to being paid such favors. “I hope you're a good student. I recall meeting Miss Cheerilee at the Grand Galloping Gala, so you could say we are acquainted.” Speaking of which, she HAD promised the school teacher a visit sometime. Obviously not today, but an appearance at the school house was likely long overdue.

“Uh, yes, I suppose Applejack is right. But I can tell you all about my Cutie Mark and special talent as soon as I've finished up business here. You're not the only pony that wants my attention today.” she winked at the little filly.

She survey the apples the orange Earth pony laid before her. “Let's see...” Her eyes turned to the sky as she thought. “I'll need some Gala, Cortland, Granny Smith, Honey Crisp—didn't the pony just before me get a mixed bushel? Perhaps that would be best for myself as well. I may not bake as well as you do, but your apples will certainly be better than anything those Canterlot ponies can import in.”

She blushed even redder than before when Applejack mentioned the kiss. It made her a little nervous, as she wanted to keep up appearances, but she also wished to abide by the current customs and protocol. But she smiled at the silly pony. “Applejack, I did my share of farming when Equestria was new. We walk on dirty, and from dirt grow apples. It doesn't bother me.”

She glanced back to the elderly Apple pair, still concerned for their well being, just as Granny Smith called [colour=#00FF00]“INCOMING!”[/colour] Luna looked up just in time to see Apple Strudel coming toward her. She flinched, attempting to catch him midair with her magic, even while her eyes were closed. But when she didn't feel impact, the princess looked up to see the elderly stallion floating inches away from her face.

She sat him gently down on the ground, giving a sigh of relief for both their safety. “I hope you are not injured.” she spoke to Apple Strudel, observing him with her eyes. He seemed none the worse for wear, but for ponies so old, even ones so spry as these two seemed to be, one could never be too careful with the elderly.[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack was just as stunned as the Princess to see an elderly apple pony hurl through the air and towards Luna. Applejack flinched as Luna did, and looked up to see her uncle compelled by hovering magic. And the look on the Luna's face didn't seem to happy either. Applejack couldn't tell if she was upset or just concerned. Her facial expressions still needs a bit of lightening up from a thousand year banishment.

Applejack wouldn't let this affect her sale though. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Uh, uh, yes! Princess!"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack walked up to Luna and tried to direct the center of attention away from her embarrassing family. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I think I got some more of those bushels. Er, I mean, of course I have more!"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack sped to the back stock area and started looking frantically for a bushel of apples with different colors in them. After finally finding one, she carried it over to the booth on her haunches and set it down. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Here it is, Princess! You and trah an apple as a taste test. Our apples speak for themselves."[/colour][colour=#ff6600] Applejack winked as she tried to pull her salemareship around Luna. If she could convinced to Luna that these were in fact the best apples in Equestria, she could convince anypony. And it wasn't as if she was trying to get away with something. She truly believe they were the best apples. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"They're five bits for a bushel. How many would ya like!?"[/colour]

75 Kisses left!

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Razor

On hold:

-Enforced immediately: I've been very forgiving in this thread when it comes to amout of content, but it's getting a little out of hoof, now. Effective immediately, I will be putting a 5 sentence minimum on all future RP posts in this thread. Please try to be thorough and descriptive with your ponies, your pony's thoughts, and your pony's actions. There's more to a pony post than just what they are saying.

-Princess Luna is a pony of royalty. Any pony in line who wants to recognize her and let her cut in front of them is allowed to. Every player is responsible for their character. The line order applies to the princess too, but if characters want to change positions in line, that is allowed.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#000080]Luna surveyed the bucket of multicolored fruit that the orange mare set before her. Yes, this would be a sufficient amount for the time being, and quite a bit of variety in the types of apples as well. She lifted a hoof to shift through the merchandise a little, making sure that all the kinds she needed were present. Not that she suspected that Applejack would try to pull a fast one over on a princess, but because anypony could make such a mistake.

And after her trip from Canterlot, and the apple fritter had piqued her appetite, Luna almost couldn't wait to taste a fresh, home grown apple. “Only five bits a bushel?” Luna looked skeptical as she picked up an apple with her magic. “You don't think that's a little low?” Of course, it wasn't her business how much the Apple family charged, but with that price she did wonder how they could afford the upkeep of the farm, even with the several ponies that were gathered behind her.

She placed the apple to her lips, taking a quick bite and starting to chew. It wasn't in her mouth for but a moment before her face screwed up in disgust. She looked up at Applejack, smiling to try to hide her discomfort. Luna wanted nothing more than to spit it right back out, but she forced herself to chew twice more before swallowing. The taste wouldn't leave her mouth, however, so she would have to grin and bear it for the moment.

With a name like Applejack, that actually had the word “apple” in it, she would have expected... well, better. Luna swallowed again, trying to get rid of the taste. After coming all the way from Canterlot, she was just disappointed. “Do you—” she cleared her throat, “—maybe, perhaps... have anything... fresher?” she spoke quietly, not wanting to disrupt current business, but still intent on her original goal of obtaining what she had heard were some of the best apples in Equestria.

But she blushed at her forwardness, thinking it rude to ask such a thing, but at the same time knowing that her status dictated her right to do so. Luna picked up a nearby apple tart, knowing it was polite to ask but needing more than anything to get the taste of that apple from her mouth. How could apples that made such sweet treats taste so terrible? Nopony else seemed to be having a problem with the taste though... perhaps it was her more refined taste buds that had something to do with it. Of course, she had planned to use many of the apples in baking, but part of her entire reason for coming was to have apples that were fresh. There was no way for her to know the apples she was currently being offered were close to a week old, and any normal pony wouldn't be able to tell.[/colour]

Well, that could have gone better. Apple Bloom had been sure that she had ran off to the freshest storage she could, but as the Princess' face contorted in a mix of disgust and a desire to keep it under wraps, the little filly felt a shiver of disappointment run up and down her spine. Not really for her, mind you, she was used to being disappointed in her eternal search for a cutie mark. But her family had worked for untold generations, Apple family sweat, Apple family tears, Apple family love and tender care that went into every inch of space. Hard work, so hard that even Apple Bloom's vast reserves of energy were depleted on a daily basis, her big brother's bulging muscles shimmered with sweat, and Applejack's smile showed the cracking weariness that came with it at the end of day. They were good, honest ponyfolk, their cutie marks, attitudes, and work devoted ceaselessly to producing apples and apple based products.

Apples were the apple family. They didn't slouch and they didn't sell bad product. Slightly older apples that lacked freshness were still really useful in the baking of pies, even apple juice used older(not rotten) apples. If she had run to the wrong storage and grabbed those apples, then they were about to sell cruddy apples to the Princess. Apple Bloom sunk down behind the counter as she realized what a major mix-up she was responsible for. And if she didn't fix it, fix up this little mix up, the family name would be tarnished like a bunch of bad apples.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm sorry Princess Luna!"[/colour] Apple Bloom jumped up in order to attract her attention, [colour=#ff0000]"That's mah fault. We were runnin' outta apples up 'ere so I went and got a new batch of 'em, but Ah guess Ah musta got'em from tha apple pie storage. Applejack, which storage shed is tha fresh apples?"[/colour] Apple Bloom asked, trying to keep a brave face and attempting to also make the conversation seem subdued. No big deal. Just two Apple mares trying to make sure the family business wasn't sullied for good because one of them was an idiot. No, nothing to see here

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Oh my stars an' garters!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith shouted as she watched Princess Luna's last second 'catch' of her wayward brother with her magic. [colour=#00FF00]"That's tha most amazin' thing I ever did see!"[/colour]

The floating Uncle Apple Strudel was stunned to see himself inches away from 'royalty' before gently being lowered to the ground. As he landed on all four hooves, the bearded stallion was overwhelmed with joy and graditude. Immediately, he rushed over in front of Princess Luna, bowed low and began kissing her front hooves while repeatedly shouting, [colour=#006400]"DANKA PRINCESS LUNA!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Git outta her way, ya durn old coot!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted after several minutes of her brother's 'hoof kissing.'

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]As Luna looked at the apples, Applejack closed her eyes in confidence. A Princess was purchasing apples right on the farm. Amazing! Applejack had to keep from giggling out loud from shear joy. Instead, she composed herself enough to explain the discount. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Yes ma'am! I mean, Princess. Only five bits, special sale today only." [/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Did Luna think it was too expensive? [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Too low? Shucks no. We love selling our apples at these discount prices. It keeps demand up. And even if we don't make immediate profit, it allows for cash flow and gives our apples the reputation they deserve."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Luna took a bite out of an apple in the bushel. And immediately, the lack of satisfaction was displayed on Luna's face. The Princess asked if there was something fresher. Applejack's heart sank. Lowest it has been in years. At first she didn't know what to say. She looked at her little sister, who was also in a state of disbelief. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Wh- what's wrong? It didn't taste good?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked at the bushel of apples closely. She frowned as she looked at them. Did they fail her? Did the expiration date for this crop come sooner than expected? Applejack hung over the apples with a look of resentment towards the apples. How could they do this to her. This had never happened before.

Apple Bloom suggested that she might have made a mistake. Applejack walked up to her little sister, who looked like she was about to cry. She defended her sister by resting a hoof on her and looking at Luna. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Actually, Princess Luna, to be honest with you, all of the apples we have in stock to sell today are of the same freshness. They are all marked down because we wanted to sell them before it was too late to sell them."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack hung her head as if to feel guilty. But she wasn't really feeling in the wrong. She was just embarrassed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "But they are still good to eat, honest!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked briefly through her stock and came back to the booth. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm sorry. These apples are as fresh as any. Ah'm sorry they didn't meet your standards."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack shed a small tear in the name of salesmareship. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "If you want, I can get you a rain check on a free bushel of the next apples we harvest off the trees, and I can have it mailed to Canterlot in as little as one day. Or, you can try another apple and make sure it wasn't just a fluked fruit."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked up at the Princess, yielding completely to her wishes. The Princess could take the farm if she wanted to. At this point, Applejack didn't feel competent to sell apples for a living anymore anyway.[/colour]

75 Kisses left!

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Razor

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

The yellow unicorn waited patiently as the Princess was speaking to Applejack and Apple Bloom. He couldn't be sure, but it seemed that the Princess had taken a bite of a bad apple and was asking for something fresher. Light knew how she felt. One time he had what looked like an ordinary apple on the outside but then upon taking a bite realized that it was all brown and mushy inside. Still, that didn't stop him from continuing to eat one, but when he did find an apple, there was an ever so slight hesitation in eating one.

[colour=#DAA520]"What's wrong, Apple Bloom? [/colour] [colour=#DAA520]Did you find a bad apple? I'm sure the others are ok. I mean, not every apple is perfect, right?"[/colour]

The hope was being able to talk to his school mate and maybe to alieviate the situation of the bad apple so Apple bloom and Applejack were not so upset.

[colour=#222222][colour=#222222]Mythos himself had allowed himself to move inward again, his thoughts on the move as he considered what he would ask when the time came and if this would open the door to other opportunities. Yet eventually he looked up and saw to his interest the princess trying and apple and seeming to not enjoy the taste and asking for another apple to try. This actually surprised him as from what he had heard the Apple family apples… such an amusing thought if a bit redundant, were the best in Equestria.[/colour]

[colour=#222222]Mythos took from his pack an notepad, gaining an idea for a story from the situation in which he jotted down involving apples becoming cursed so at to put everypony to sleep that ate them and causing them to be lost in their dreams of their hearts desires. He know he would have to keep such an idea in mind and maybe see if it could be connected with any stories he knew. Speaking to himself he says considering it, "[/colour][colour=#800080]Apples that cause you to lose yourself to dreams."[/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000080]”I'm sure it wasn't your fault!” Luna said to Apple Bloom, totally sincere. She was just a little filly after all, and without even a Cutie Mark, Luna noticed. “I mean, the apples are fine, they really are, just—“ she considered how to put it gently. The truth should work out fine. “I suppose I just have a higher caliber—uh, more refined taste buds. They're a lot more sensitive than that of anypony else, you know—well, that is, you probably didn't know.” she certainly didn't want to upset any member of the Apple family, but more especially, not any foal. They couldn't ban her from the farm, right? She was a princess, after all. Certainly they wouldn't dare. Then again, they did own the farm...

“I'll, of course, still be taking this bushel.” Truthfully she probably would have, with or without the feeling of needing to patch things up with the owners. “They'll be fine for baking, I'm sure.” They certainly would be. The freshest apples may have been required to be counted as edible, but there were so many countless other uses that apples had, most of them having to do with different forms of cooking or baking.

But more importantly, she was being selfish, and making Applejack look bad in front of her other customers. And when a princess upset somepony, that wasn't soon forgotten, either. “You have the finest apples in all of Equestria!” Luna said, and rather loudly at that. “It is an honor to purchase goods from somepony who is as skilled as yourself and your family. Even your Cutie Mark is a testimony to your occupation, a symbol of your exceptional skills.” Though Luna was playing it up a bit, everything she said she believed to be true.

“Well, I should be getting out of the way.” she spoke much quieter and normal now. “Really, you're apples aren't bad. You wouldn't have a line a mile long if the case were otherwise.” Luna smiled. She produced the agreed upon bits, floating the bushel to her waiting cart and guards.

Then, as if an after thought, “Perhaps Apple Bloom would be able to give me a tour of the farm, in a little while. If you don't need her here, that is.” she wanted so much to make it up to the little filly, after seeing the look on her face. Plus, it would be the most opportune time to get her hooves on some apples straight from the tree.[/colour]

• Like 2

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Luna was a complicated one. Very strict with her endorsements and very articulate as to what she means. That, and a thousand year old dialect was enough to make Applejack a little scared of her commands and critique. However, on the flip side, Applejack couldn't imagine that the Princess was better than her at operating an apple orchard. Applejack could probably get into Luna's face about all the things she thinks she's doing wrong as well. But in this case, Applejack would just hold her tongue.

Luna followed up by explaining she would still buy the apples and that her particular taste was probably a bit too sensitive. Applejack's ears perked up and she smiled again. She wanted to take this opportunity to show Luna what an Apple pony is capable of. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Hot diggety, Princess! That'll be just swell."[/colour][colour=#000000] She started pushing the bushel which later was taken by Luna's magic towards her guards for them to carry, and she swiped the bits off the counter into her treasure chest as soon as they fell. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"We do have the best apples in all of Equestria, and ah'm gonna prove it to you! Next harvest, I'm gonna give you a bushel of apples that will knock your hoof cuffs off."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As Luna started concluding her stay, she spoke of a chance to get a tour from Apple Bloom. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Why I think that would be just dandy, Luna! Oh! And don't ferget yur kiss!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack hopped onto a upside-down empty bushel basket in order to gain eye-level with Luna, and pecked her on the cheek.[/colour]

74 Kisses left!

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Razor

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

Apple Bloom had been raised ever since she was a teeny tiny foal that the word of the Princess' was not only law, but the truth as hard and real as a tree in spring. It certainly made life pretty simple and easy when you trusted implicitly edicts from up on high and they had never steered ponyfolk wrong before, so Apple Bloom felt like she could trust the words of any Princess. Even Luna, famed and in some ways still feared after a thousand years of myth and degradation, was afforded this same level of belief when she spoke. Maybe that is why Apple Bloom felt a small swirling sense of mounting confusion as her Princess spoke. It could just have been Apple Bloom's admitted lack of experience, but how couldn't it have been her fault? She had been the one to select the apples that had failed to hold up to the most important taste buds the product had ever touched. Applejack shot in that these apples were as fresh as any others, which true or not, still didn't satisfy Apple Bloom.

They were the apples; generations of blood, sweat, tears and apple juice had soaked the ground in the name of good, honest work. They were the Apples and good gravy, this orchard was their life! How useless were they if Luna's more 'refined' taste buds had felt something sweeter, better, than theirs? Apple Bloom had seen Applejack's big heart sink to lows before but this time Apple Bloom felt as if the ground was too close for comfort. who the hay had done better than they? Who made better apples? Where? How? A family whose abilities, skills, experiences, hard work, dedication, and love revolved around a specific item couldn't be knocked from that secure position without their being serious trouble. Otherwise, what were the Apples if their apples weren't the best? Hacks! Even worse than hacks, as at least they could say they didn't care. The Apple family did care. The Apple family was all about apples. A failure involving apples was a failure of not just the ponies in the family, but of the family's legacy and even the very idea of the Apple family.

It was safe to say that even Luna's encouragements did little to cheer Apple Bloom up. She didn't really want to believe that all their apples were of the same freshness and that they were not giving the burgeoning line the best product in Equestria. The thought that they were stuffing Ponyville ponies with mediocre apples and had been al along was a near mortal blow to the filly's spirit. Saying their apples, implying anyway, that they were fit for baking and little more was the sort of backhanded compliment that was in no way intended to hurt yet continued to slice away at Apple Bloom's spirit. Apples fit only for baking were the sort of apples that would otherwise be tossed in the garbage. Apple family apples should never so poor, even if hoity toity taste buds were considered.

Then Luna declared earnestly, loudly, and perhaps a bit overwhelmingly that the apples were just fine and by association so were they. The fact that the words she spoke now seemed to contrast with the words she spoke before didn't register as powerfully as that trained response to believe what a Princess said off the hoof immediately. Apple Bloom's face perked up immeasurably.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ya mean it? Really?"[/colour] Apple Bloom jumped up on the table as her sister jumped up on it as well, planting a smooch on the Princess. Apple Bloom was stomping her two front hooves at a joyfully explosive and excited pace, her fears at seeing the family name collapse under the weight of a single poor review unfounded. She was so happy that she jumped off into the crowd and grabbed the first pony she saw, who just happened to be Guiding Light. She planted a euphoric kiss on his cheek and nearly broke him into quarters with a hug before pronking about back to the stand, landing on it with a thud.

She grabbed Applejack and held her in place, assuming that she was as excited as Apple Bloom was.

[colour=#ff0000]"Applejack! Wait a sec!"[/colour] Swiftly she shot to Great Uncle Strudel, who was still almost inhaling Luna's hoof in gratitude for saving him. Apple Bloom bonked him on the head.

[colour=#ff0000]"Uncle, why dontcha go an' get yer big ol' picture takin' thingie?" [/colour]Apple Bloom asked, her wide smile telegraphing the intent as she looked from Princess to older sister.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ya only get ta kiss Royalty once! Well, maybe ya've had more chances, but this time we can get a picture! Then Ah can show tha Princess all of Sweet Apple Acres- OOOOHHHH!" [/colour]Apple Bloom drew in fast, a sharp intake of breath nearly blowing her lungs out.

[colour=#ff0000]"Then Ah can get a cutie mark in tour guidin'!"[/colour] And with that, the filly went about pronking randomly.

It appeared that whatever problem there was with the bad apple, the Princess was able to alay the worries of Apple Bloom and Applejack. Luna was going to get her apples still and even offered to go with Apple Bloom on a tour of the farm. Although this meant that the colt wouldn't get the chance to meet the princess again that day probably, it did give his friend Apple Bloom a chance to be with her.

[colour=#DAA520]"Bye Princess Luna. I hope that I can see you again." [/colour]

Light was so busy thinking about the past events of learning that Apple Bloom only wanted to be friends with him, his encounter with Mythos and meeting Princess Luna that he forgot the reason why he came to the farm in the first place. Then a light in his mind clicked on allowing him to return to the task.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hello there... um Applejack. I would like a bushel of Honeycrisp and a bushel of Granny Smiths please." [/colour]

What Light had failed to remember was the kiss part, and he was in for an interesting awakening!

[colour=#000080]”I'm sure you will, Applejack.” Luna grinned and winked teasingly, glad that she had been able to patch things up with the farming mare. After all, she had helped Luna out by teaching her about “fun” at the princesses first Nightmare Night. The blue Alicorn certainly owed her a kindness, both for Nightmare Night and because she was one of the Elements that had helped to free and purify her.

“Of course, Apple Bl—Oh!” She felt a peck on her cheek, turning just as the orange mare pulled away. Luna looked at her curiously, with an expression that seemed to say, was that it? Well, she'd already critiqued the apples. What did she have to lose? “Applejack! That was not a kiss!” she faked offense, as if such a meager smooch was not befitting of a princess. “I demand another.” she said, matter-of-factly, slamming her hoof on the apple stand. “How many bushels shall I have to buy?” she narrowed her eyes shrewdly at Applejack, ready to make a deal.[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]As Guiding Light walked up as close to the counter as he could, he started asking for some apples. But Luna, who seemed to leave room for her complete satisfaction had one more thing to talk about. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"H-how many you should have to buy?" [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack was a little confused with Luna's question. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"W-was that kiss not, a good one?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack blushed, less romantically, and more pathetically. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"We only give one free kiss to each customer, no matter how many apples they buy. But if you want another..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked at the nearest ponies around her. She couldn't believe what she was saying. A redo. For a Princess. The Apple family ancestors were laughing from pony heaven about this one. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "I guess I can give you another kiss, one that's more... ...satisfying." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack met Luna on top of the kissing counter, where in order to satisfy the Princess, Applejack felt she had to go all in on the details of what entailed the contact between too pony snouts. This is just weird, Applejack thought. But to her dismay, she leaned forward, closed her eyes and square her lips against Luna's. Luna's mouth, which was more profiled than Applejack's, ridged against the softer corners of the orange mare's cheeks. It's not so surprising their lips didn't match perfectly. For what time did a kiss like this ever occur? Applejack was pretty sure that this was the first time ever.

Applejack pulled back after a few longs seconds and opened her eyes. When she did, she could see Guiding starring at her and the Princess. What a sight for a little foal to see, she thought. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Honeycrisp and Granny Smith? You got it!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack zipped away, but then zipped back with two bushels of apples in her possession. One of Honeycrisp and one of Granny Smith. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "That'll be ten bits!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack swung into her usually salesmareship, but she hadn't forgotten Luna. As the little colt pulled out whatever he had for payment, Applejack turned to royalty and affirmed her. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "That was a mighty kiss, wasn't it Princess?"[/colour][colour=#000000] She laughed as she finished. This story was one for the history of all apple ponies. For decades, they would tell the story about how elder AJ locked lips with the Princess. Eventually they might be too crazy of a story, they might become unbelievable, and then forgotten. Good thing Luna would be around to confirm it.[/colour]

74 Kisses left!

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Razor

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :?

7. Starburst :?

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

16. Cherry Jubilee :?

18. Pathfinder :?

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

Paitently waiting in line, the young master lets his eyes wander about taking in the sights that is the Apple Family farm. It is quite beautiful to say the least. It reminds him of his large garden back home. They something catches Brew's wandering eyes as he looks toward the front of the line where it is currently Princess Luna's turn. What he see's stops his heart in dismay. The image of her royal highness Luna and Applejacks lips touching overloads the young master's senses.

Brew's body remained paralyzed until the kiss is completed, then his body becomes very fatigued from the vision. However, the young master's stress is just beginning. He begins to panic inside his thoughts. [colour=#FFA500]"Oh, dear! Is this the kiss that was advertised?!?! Oh, no! I hope I don't mess this up!" [/colour]His breathing changes slightly as it becomes longer and deeper as he tries to calm himself. [colour=#FFA500] "Relax, Brew. Relax... it's just a kiss... you are good at first impressions... just relax... control... control..." [/colour]His attempt to ease his mind begins to work until thoughts of his own kiss penetrates his concious. The sight of Applejack's brilliant emerald eyes peering into his as she slowly moves closer and closer too him... then her soft lips lightly pressing against his... His heart begins to race but he shakes his head and pounds his skull with his forhoof. [colour=#FFA500] "Focus you idiot, FOCUS!!! Self-control, self-control, self control!!! Disapline!!!" [/colour]he thinks to himself in a feat of frustration that is evident in his face.

It's rather ironic of Master Mustang to be feeling like this because of his training. He has the ability to "un-think" pain but apparently he cannot keep his mind under control around beautiful mares. They really are his weakness. Tis a curse to be a single stallion...

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Now, git up here and help me with the Princess's apples, brother," [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith said as the breaded gray stallion arose.

[colour=#006400]"I vill, mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel said, [colour=#006400]"but first, I vant to do someting nice for dee Princess for saving me vith her magic. I know! I vill take another picture of her!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Not with YOUR old camera ya won't," [/colour]the gray maned mare said as she produced something from behind her back. [colour=#00FF00]"I bought this here fancy new flash bulb camera with mah egg money. It's loaded an ready to use!"[/colour]

The Germaney stallion held it in his hooves, looking it over carefully.

[colour=#006400]"But vhere do you put dee flash powder?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Don't need none, ya knothead! Ya jist point it and press the red button, ain't nutin' to it!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"You mean, DIS vone?" [/colour]Apple Strudel said, accidentally pushing it and unaware that the camera was at the perfect angle for shooting Princess Luna with AppleJack together. It was after the first 'peck on the cheek' and the precise moment of the subsequent 'real kiss' that Granny's camera clicked. The flash bulb went off and Granny's camera had captured the perfect photo of the 'Royal Kiss' of Applejack. Unaware that they had done the deed, Granny kept fussing with her younger brother.

[colour=#00FF00]"Now look at what ya done! Ya wasted film on a misfire!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Voops! Sorry Granny. I vill be more careful dis time," [/colour]Apple Strudel confidentally neighed as he moved the camera to his face and snapped off a few 'post Royal kiss' shots of the Princess and his grand niece. [colour=#006400]"I wonder vhy day have dose strange looks on dar faces? Oh vell! A picture is vorth a thousand vords!"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Princess Luna saw Applejack blush, and once again felt a little guilty for her outburst. But she was still royalty, and if she wasn't truly satisfied, she might accidentally bring it up in a conversation... And members of the court certainly the most secretive of ponies. Luna certainly didn't want word to get out the Applejack was a bad kisser, or worse, that she grew bad apples. Luna knew both to be false, but any off-hoofed comment from a princess would be taken as nothing but fact. It was as if ponies assumed they couldn't make mistakes. Well, Celestia, anyway. Most ponies clearly remembered the Nightmare Moon trying to take over Equestria thing.

Luna smiled, looking a little bashful as Applejack climbed atop the counter in order to be level with her. Luna leaned forward just a little, to meet the orange farming pony. She closed her eyes before she pressed against the mare's lips, perhaps a little harder than she should, before checking herself and remembering that this was strictly casual. It was... quite an odd exchange, five bits for a bushel of apples and a kiss from one of the owners. But customs were customs.

Luna's heart began to race, although she wasn't entirely sure why. She felt Applejack's warm breath mix with her own. It tasted faintly of apples, but should she really have expected anything less? There was also the faint taste of salty sweat on her snout, mixing with the tantalizing apple. Luna's tongue flicked, just for a moment, but she was cautious of being too bold, and so held back. But the kiss was short lived, over almost before it began.

Luna pulled away, a moment before she saw a flash of light behind her eyelids. She looked up, blushing enough that anypony nearby would surely notice. She was just in time to see Strudel and Granny Smith fiddling with the camera. Well, a second camera, that she had no idea where it came from. It seemed to have appeared at a suspiciously opportune time. But Luna decided it was best to just leave now, before anypony else got more embarrassed.

She cleared her throat, a little flustered, and nodded. “It was a fine kiss.” she smiled affectionately. “Thank you Applejack. Uh, Apple Bloom, keep helping your sister for the time being. I believe there are a few ponies that have requested my presence once they make their purchases.” she spoke with the guards and instructed them to head back to Canterlot. She should have known when she left the castle that there was no such thing as a 'quick trip' for a princess. Luna stepped out of line, going to sit under the shade of a tree far enough that she wouldn't disturb Applejack's sales, but close enough that anypony who wished would easily be able to find her for a chat.[/colour]

Guiding Light watched as Luna received a kiss from Applejack. It was a kiss that was like one his mother would give him before bed when he was a foal, or when saying goodbye to a pony who was going away for a while. If this was the type of kiss that he would inevitably receive, then he was fine with that.

Then the princess, who seemed unsatisfied with the quality of the kiss, requested another. Suddenly she and Applejack met in a kiss that reminisced of ponies who were in love kissing. Were Luna and Apple jack in love? It was a dangerous question that was swimming through his mind, one that he dared not ask.

The colt was paralyzed as he watched the two ponies lock lips. Part of him, especially his ever present shy side, wanted to turn away from the scene. It was as if this was a personal thing, something not to be seen by him or others. Yet no matter what his mind wanted, his body was locked into watching the spectal unfold. He began to feel warm with embarassment at watching, but somehow the feeling was also due to his own longing to be kissed passionately one day like that by the mare of his dreams.

Even after the kiss was completed and Luna had moved to the shade of a nearby tree, the unicorn still remained in his spot. It was like his brain was still trying to process what he had just seen and what he was feeling. Finally he was able to shake himself free and attend to his purchase.

[colour=#DAA520]"Oh... yeah... the apples," [/colour]Light said still in a half daze, [colour=#DAA520]"You said it was ten bits, right Applejack? Ok then."[/colour]

He then deposited the money that was given to him on the counter.

[colour=#DAA520]"So... um... do you want to kiss me like ... you know... with the Princess?" [/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack was so relieved that Luna was satisfied. Making the Princess happy was critical in order to maintain a positive sense of publicity. Nothing feared Applejack more than a negative review of her apples. What kind of devastation would the farm endure if that review came from a princess!? And what about the rest of the Apple family across Equestria? A bad rap out of Canterlot's palace was enough to uproot all of the Apple family values everywhere.

Fortunately, though, Luna seemed very happy, and was even put back with blushing surprise at Applejack's kiss. A true redeemer. She saved the sales, the farm, and the reputation. Sealed with a kiss.

Guiding Light looked up and set the money on the counter. Applejack looked down at him and his foalish question. He was so adorable![/colour] [colour=#ff0000] "Heh heh, hold on there Romeo." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack took Guiding by the haunches and set him on the counter to meet him at eye level. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"The Princess and I, ya see, we kissed like that because we're, uh, big ponies! Yeah! And we're big friends. You really only want to kiss like that when you are really close to someone you love."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack put her hoof on her heart, but then put it away quickly.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000] "B-but I'm not in love with the Princess, no. Heh heh, we're just good friends."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack thought this was funny. She had just realized that anypony seeing Luna's kiss would probably think they are getting ripped off of getting the sweeter end of the orange mare's lips. Good thing this one was a younger pony. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Tell ya what, Sugarcube. I'll kiss you on the lips. But only if you promise me that you'll save the better kisses for when you are older and when you meet your special somepony."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack leaned into Guiding and smacked his lips very quickly. Pulling away, Applejack ruffled his mane in a playful way, picked him up, and set him back on the ground.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Next?"[/colour]

73 Kisses left!

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Razor

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

[colour=#000080]Luna was oblivious to any odd looks she may have been getting. She was too busy dismissing the guards, and silently thinking on the kiss and all that had just occurred. She certainly hoped she hadn't offended the apple farmer in anyway. With the way Applejack was smiling, she hoped all had been forgiven and made up. And Apple Bloom had agreed to a tour, and she had saved Strudel from an unfortunate accident. So it seemed that things, had they begun to go sour, had been patched up between the princess and the Apples.

She had walked away by the time it was Guiding Light's turn for a kiss, and thus missed Applejack's awkward explanation. She simply sat, waiting for those who had only gotten a brief moment with her the chance to come for a more lengthy conversation. Not too lengthy, however, as she needed to get back to Canterlot AND leave time for her to view the estate with Apple Bloom. Well, she had time enough now, so she patiently awaited the first pony to come toward her.[/colour]