So... After the April Fools joke and subsequent fan outcry, CN has decided, in all its wisdom, to give the fans what they wanted and bring back Toonami.

http://www.adultswim...nami/index.html

Discuss.

Edit: Btw, I know there was one for the April Fools joke, but this is for the official announcement. Feel free to merge if you feel it is unnecessary.

Interesting!~ I wonder what their lineup is going to be? I'd love to see a mix of old and new stuff.

Funny you should mention that... my friend just linked me to the May 27th anime line-up...

From ANN:

TV Guide lists Adult Swim's anime programming on May 27 as follows:

12:00 a.m. - Bleach

12:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist

1:00 a.m. - Durarara!!

1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

2:00 a.m. - FLCL

2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

3:00 a.m. - Bleach

3:30 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

4:00 a.m. - Bleach

4:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

5:00 a.m. - Durarara!!

5:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

Honestly, it seems they're just slapping a desired label on the same old product (Adult Swim Saturday Night). I'm not complaining, I love me my Steve Blum (T.O.M.), but all the same...

If you read the ANN article, it says that they haven't yet released the scheduled programming yet. What's listed is their current schedule.

Honestly, it seems they're just slapping a desired label on the same old product (Adult Swim Saturday Night). I'm not complaining, I love me my Steve Blum (T.O.M.), but all the same...

That is what it is right now. But there is a possibility to use it as a weeknight thing and a means to release more adult oriented Anime shows. There are plenty of them out there. And there is no shortage of them. I'd personally love to see Naoki Urasawa's Monster be put on along with a revival of Lupin III, starting from Green shirt through Red Shirt.

If you read the ANN article, it says that they haven't yet released the scheduled programming yet. What's listed is their current schedule.

True. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That is what it is right now. But there is a possibility to use it as a weeknight thing and a means to release more adult oriented Anime shows. There are plenty of them out there. And there is no shortage of them. I'd personally love to see Naoki Urasawa's Monster be put on along with a revival of Lupin III, starting from Green shirt through Red Shirt.

That would be... fantastical... Monster's English dub is owned by MANGA Entertainment though and they had a big chunk of investment in AniMonday. I'm not sure how good of a position they are in to negotiate with TimeWarner Broadcasting. I'd love to see the show again, I just don't want the people who took to the time to localize a great show to be shafted. Since Lupin III was already broadcast that is far more likely, and also would be amazing!

Hmm. I'm curious to see what they do with this. :/

if it's just a rebranding of their current saturday night lineup, that's really kind of disappointing, since adult swim's long since lost me and a change of name isn't going to get me back.

If they put effort into it though, I dunno. it might just be something to get excited for. I guess we'll find out later this month...

EDIT: I guess there's something original to it after all. That's good. Here's hoping it's something awesome. :)

Ooooh I'm glad to see they're bringing along FMA: Brotherhood in addition to the original -- though I imagine it might be confusing for someone who doesn't know the series got remade. No Trigun, though?!

There are dozens -- if not hundreds -- of really good anime series they could include in the new Toonami. Hellsing and Claymore come off the top of my head...well, maybe for late nights.