The Smiles!

Solaria

I came to a realization not far into Season 1, but interestingly it didn't really make me stop and think until the second episode of the Season 2 finale: the smiles in this show make me smile without fail. This somewhat tugged at my attention during Pinkie's Smile song, but honestly it was when Twilight realized she'd found the true Cadance and gave that little endearing smile with the sparkly eyes and the squeaker toy noise that it hit me. That one actually makes me laugh, because it reminds me so much of the adorkable smiles many cartoon characters had in my childhood.

Can anypony else not resist the smiles on these happy little ponies?

Yeah the ear to ear smile and the squeak sound makes me smile.

For me it was in the episode Feeling Pinkie Keen where Twilight while leaping to safety in the Froggy Bottom Bog falls, hits a bubble and bounces up and hits a wall. She then gives that squeak smile.

When I saw that, I kept rewinding that scene on You Tube. There was much dawwwwing.

I think a lot of the facial expressions have improved over S1 -- and they only get better! I also like scrunchy face!

mlfw4853_small.png

First shown in Look Before You Sleep I believe, as discussed in your 3rd session of Summer of Pony! The things you learn from a Rosie thread ;P

One of the many reasons why I love the show. The facial expressions! We just don't get "Sad pony!" "Happy Pony!", we get "A lifetime of regrets and missed opportunities along with a few broken hearts" look, ala Cheerilee in 'Hearts and Hooves Day'. You know there's a story behind that look, but she quickly puts on a happy face for the foals to hide this...You really start to feel for this lil' pony.

js0lmd.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haha, yes. I was at work the other day and even though I was assigned to a department that I hate and had to work late into the night I just kept humming the Smile song to myself and it wasn't that bad. The cheerier and more smiley I was to customers, the happier they seemed to be when they walked out the door. Pinkie's words of wisdom are trufax.

Whenever I want to express my absolute happiness at something, I try to make the same squeak sound. I have failed miserably at this and so now I just say "squee" ^u^

Also, the smiles are extremely contagious. :D

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-smile-smile-smile.gif

Whenever I want to express my absolute happiness at something, I try to make the same squeak sound. I have failed miserably at this and so now I just say "squee" ^u^

Also, the smiles are extremely contagious. :D

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-smile-smile-smile.gif

It's true. I JUST KEEP SMILING. @_@