rumor has it that..

kunio18

i just want to know is it true that Lauren Faust has left MLP:FiM after now that season 2 has finished ?.. and was there any reason why she has left the project in the first place. :\... i really hope it doesnt go down hill

i just want to know is it true that Lauren Faust has left MLP:FiM after now that season 2 has finished ?.. and was there any reason why she has left the project in the first place. :... i really hope it doesnt go down hill

She left after season 1 actually. She was consulting producer for S2, but clearly not much since they changed cadence's race on her. I don't think we need to worry. She left the show in good hands,I believe she even said that herself somewhere...

As for why, I heard it was because she wanted to pursue galaxy girls.

She left after season 1. She helped with a lot of season 2 before she left though. But I think she left before actual production even began on season 2. If you liked season 2, no need to worry. Faust wasn't even there.

(Hence, Cadance ending up an Alicorn rather than a Unicorn, and other such things.)

Yeah, Faust has been absent from production since season 1 ended. But I'm very certain that mlp will keep its seal of quality, even without her influence. Who knows? Maybe her fan made alicorn personification will make a cameo in season 3. Derpy got some official air time for the fans. After seeing that, I think anything is possible.

She's officially gone, sure. I have the feeling she may still in friendly contact with both Executive Producers -- maybe even the writers, if they need some guidance or input, but nothing really official. She was friends with all of them, so I see no reason for them to not keep in touch because she stopped working on pony.

I found S2 was enjoyable -- and in many technical and story-focused ways -- an improvement on S1. I'm sure S3 will be just as good, if not better! I'm also hoping it's longer than 13 episodes.

so was there a problem with cadance race of pony then or something guys ?

and i hope she still knows that she has a massive huge fan base that love the awesome show she created, i hope she will still give the show some heads up and help if it was ever needed in the future :)

so was there a problem with cadance race of pony then or something guys ?

and i hope she still knows that she has a massive huge fan base that love the awesome show she created, i hope she will still give the show some heads up and help if it was ever needed in the future :)

The way faust wrote it, she was a unicorn. Not an alicorn. She made sure the show was in good hands before she left, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind consulting if they asked.

My theory on the Cadance race-swap was so that she would make a more appealing toy.

Exactly.

Recycle the pink Celestias they still had in the warehouse or something? :blah:

They Bronies have been wanting a white Celestia for awhile. White Celestia is coming in the fall, so in order to keep a pink Alicorn stocked as well, they seem to have changed Cadance for this reason.

Could also be that it would make more sense for Celestia's niece to also be an alicorn. *shrug*

Prince Blueblood wasn't an Alicorn.

Prince Blueblood wasn't an Alicorn.

He also wasn't a toy, remember this is still Hasbro logic here and I quote myself:

This has almost always been something with this franchise, its all aimed at the three things little girls are (allegedly) supposed to like:

Ponies

Princesses

Things with angel wings

This has been something that has appeared since G1, at least in the toy line.

Also Cadence herself toy wise was made to make up for the fact that Celestia herself used to be pink toy wise so why not make up a new pony now that Celestia is show accurate.

So I doubt we will ever get a male Alicorn.

Just remember this guys..

Every time you see a Pony, every time you see their eyes, thier smile, their personality..

Laurne was the one who made this all possible. Has it come across as a coincidence that their design follows that of The Powerpuff Girls? She may not "be" there, but she is still there...

She may not be "in control" of what happens, but she dreamt all of this up, and made it real.

Studio B and DHX may be "running" the show, but until they change EVERYTHING but the name "My Little pony Friendship is Magic" Lauren is still very well there.

Laurne was the one who made this all possible. Has it come across as a coincidence that their design follows that of The Powerpuff Girls? She may not "be" there, but she is still there...

She may not be "in control" of what happens, but she dreamt all of this up, and made it real.

When I first started watching the show, before all this Brony stuff, I thought the animation looked familiar. Then I Googled and found out why.

We did see a male alicorn foal in that crazy royal wedding European comic (the one that warns about zebras).

I know that's not the best source of information, but it did have an image of him.

I'm still waking up or I'd dig it up and link it.