Crossovers you've wanted to try, but were too obscure

I have a SWRCD20 Anthro Rabbit named Bucky! :D (Modled after the famous O'hare of course)

Dunno what that is, but it sounds cool!

Oh gawd I love the planescape setting! Considering you mentioned games, are you perchance refering to Planescape: TORMENT? BEST. DND. GAME. EVER! It's so hard to wait to re-play it, but I remember too much of the plot (and for those wondering it's a "character must progress through the plot" knowing it plot as a player just makes it harder because your going to location X and nothing happens because the *character* hasn't met the requirements yet)

If your interested in DND, I'd be more than glad to DM for you, or at least give you some pointers (though I'm rusty, I've not DM's proper since 2nd edition)

PS:T was a pretty awesome game. Strangely, I hated it on my first play, didn't even get out of Sigil. I think I was playing it wrong though (was expecting a more hack 'n' slash game). I gave it another try later on and was hooked. I later bought a few of the Planescape campagin books. Such a well written setting.

Y'know what? I may just take you up on that offer. Perhaps not right now. I've got a couple of other RPs I'd like to try and finish first, but that sounds like fun. Just bare in mind that I only really understand the rules for D&D 3.5e. 2e and 4e both confuse me.

Another one that just occurred to me...

Does anybody here remember the Myth-Adventures series by Robert Aspirin? It followed the adventures of Skeeve, a young apprentice magician, and Aahz, the dimensional traveler, who was deprived of his magical abilities, and so had to parter up with Skeeve, and the various ways in which they and their comrades get in over their heads, and come out richer.

I think it would really work, especially since the series' universe has dimensional-travel built into it (Inter-universal smuggling for fun and profit!) allowing the characters access to Equestria, and the theme of depending upon one's friends runs strong through both the Myth books and FiM.

Yeah, I read one of the books, but never finished the series. It was good, but I don't remember much about it though.

Dunno what that is, but it sounds cool!

Lol, nobody seems to know the acronym. StarWars Revised Core D20. My Bucky is a Jedi fighter pilot (who hilariously enough earlier tonight just "dodged" two missiles by using The Force to smash them into one another and keep flying straight through!) Amusingly though he's not as big of a plot hole as his namesake... I'll have to see about changing hat ;):P lol

PS:T was a pretty awesome game. Strangely, I hated it on my first play, didn't even get out of Sigil. I think I was playing it wrong though (was expecting a more hack 'n' slash game). I gave it another try later on and was hooked. I later bought a few of the Planescape campagin books. Such a well written setting.

Y'know what? I may just take you up on that offer. Perhaps not right now. I've got a couple of other RPs I'd like to try and finish first, but that sounds like fun. Just bare in mind that I only really understand the rules for D&D 3.5e. 2e and 4e both confuse me.

As I've said before, Plot is my God and I see nothing more important. Graphics are nice and interface is minimally required but I lived for many years on Interactive Fiction (ZORK) so they no longer mean much to me if the plot is not there. I loved TORMENT my first playthrough, but I got stuck about 3/4 of the way through and have since had issues because of Player-Knowledge/Character-knowledge, I only hope by the time I've forgotten enough to replay it that it will still run on whatever system I'm using then lol

I ran 2nd Edition, but I've played 3.5e a bit, and some Pathfinder (~3.75e) so whenever your ready we can see what I can cook up ;)

• Like 1

I WAS gonna make a "post-apocalypse" themed RP but then the "we have kids present" thing popped in my mind, and i realized that we don't want kids asking what an apocalypse is or what a plague is at a young age

We have the 18+ section for that. And speaking of Post Apocalypse themed RPs, we have Fallout Equestria threads going on. Hit the link for more details on this project, we'd love to have you aboard:

Lol, nobody seems to know the acronym. StarWars Revised Core D20. My Bucky is a Jedi fighter pilot (who hilariously enough earlier tonight just "dodged" two missiles by using The Force to smash them into one another and keep flying straight through!) Amusingly though he's not as big of a plot hole as his namesake... I'll have to see about changing hat ;-):P lol

Haha, that's neat. Anthro Rabbit in Star Wars, eh? Is that a new alien race, or is it an anthro version of the SW universe?

As I've said before, Plot is my God and I see nothing more important. Graphics are nice and interface is minimally required but I lived for many years on Interactive Fiction (ZORK) so they no longer mean much to me if the plot is not there. I loved TORMENT my first playthrough, but I got stuck about 3/4 of the way through and have since had issues because of Player-Knowledge/Character-knowledge, I only hope by the time I've forgotten enough to replay it that it will still run on whatever system I'm using then lol

I ran 2nd Edition, but I've played 3.5e a bit, and some Pathfinder (~3.75e) so whenever your ready we can see what I can cook up ;-)

Plot is your God? (must refrain from inapproprate comments)

Seriously though, I remember playing a few of those text adventure games, back in the day. Even had a program that you could use to make your own. Don't think I played Zork though.

Re: Planescape: Torment, you can find patches online that allow you to play on more recent machines, though it can be buggy at times. I've heard there are also patches that unlock content that was hidden in the game. New dialogue options and stuff. Might be worth looking at for your next playthrough.

Also, I recommend the Planescape fanfic Fire and Dust, if you haven't already read it. It's very good.

Haha, that's neat. Anthro Rabbit in Star Wars, eh? Is that a new alien race, or is it an anthro version of the SW universe?

Not it's a native alien from the game, a "Squib" (Though I *wish* the DM would do a furry campaign, sadly there is not enough interest...)

Plot is your God? (must refrain from inapproprate comments)

Seriously though, I remember playing a few of those text adventure games, back in the day. Even had a program that you could use to make your own. Don't think I played Zork though.

Re: Planescape: Torment, you can find patches online that allow you to play on more recent machines, though it can be buggy at times. I've heard there are also patches that unlock content that was hidden in the game. New dialogue options and stuff. Might be worth looking at for your next playthrough.

Also, I recommend the Planescape fanfic Fire and Dust, if you haven't already read it. It's very good.

Ugh I walked into that one... but you still know what I mean!

I had one of those too, but sadly IF was already almost dead at the point I picked up the program, so I made maybe 50 rooms and twice as many items and dropped it because nobody had any interest in playing it (and it was a fun game, it involved hopping between two worlds, which let you pass barriers and solve puzzles, inspired of course by Zelda 3)

oh, I'll have to look into those! thanks :D

I never even thought to look for fanfics of DND >.< I'll take a look at it when I have time :)

At least show the opening with the animation! I remember watching this as a little filly and it blew me away!

You know, barring video quality, it holds up pretty good today! I have the Volume 1 DVD set with the first 3 seasons on it. It's a shame Disney never released the last three seasons.

The animated opening is ~30seconds, the extended opening I posted was, iirc 2 minutes. I do agree the show has aged quite well though. (and there are places to get the full series, just saying...)

I've seen some amazing fursuits of the cast -- like original Disney-made ones! I'd sell your soul to get one! :mad:

I see what you did there... I used to own like 4 souls, too bad I lost the contracts... (very sad truth, I used to write that into loan contracts when I was in jr high - 200% interest compounded DAILY _and_ forfeiture of the client's soul... as I said I had several spare souls to my name ;-) lol)

So much nostalgia in page 2 of this thread...

Anyway. As I'm in the middle of a Pathfinder campaign with a pony twist, I'd love to attempt one for another tabletop RPG, Mutants and Masterminds. The problem is world building, as I can't justify too well superheroes in a world where magic is commonplace. Also, the game is obscure. I don't know... anyone who plays. Real life or otherwise.

Anyway. As I'm in the middle of a Pathfinder campaign with a pony twist, I'd love to attempt one for another tabletop RPG, Mutants and Masterminds. The problem is world building, as I can't justify too well superheroes in a world where magic is commonplace. Also, the game is obscure. I don't know... anyone who plays. Real life or otherwise.

My friend Alan plays, but his 'net access is limited right now, so.....

Another little idea that's been banging around my head lately is a Vorkosigan Saga Crossover/Fusion.

If you've never read the series, trot post-haste to the nearest library, and look for "Cordelia's Honor" by Lois McMaster Bujold. It's as good a starting point as any, though it functions like a prequel the story of the main protagonist, which begins in "The Warrior's Apprentice."

Some background info (to save myself the trouble of five paragraphs of gushing): http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/VorkosiganSaga?from=Main.VorkosiganSaga

I just think that Griffon society would be a very good parallel for Barrayar, as compared to the "Beta colony" of Equestria.

The only problem is, besides the fact that not many here have read it (and the fact that it would probably have to be listed as 18+), is that if we put in a Miles analog, the story would just be about him (and if it isn't, the player isn't writing him correctly).

• 1 month later...

How about The Beatles discovering the Ponies in their back yard?

I haven't posted it, it seems a bit...I dunno, not many people like The Beatles on here as far as I can see.

Or, there could be a bunch of ponies called the Beatlponies...or something like that. I dunno.

post-4294-0-94860100-1343042701.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Easy: Berserk.

Given the series is so freaking Dark that even the 40k universe shivers at it, i don't see it lasting all that long....then again, i just want an excuse to roleplay as Guts or even in the universe itself as it'd be very interesting to try it out.

Edited by theblackswordpony

• 3 months later...