Brony Pet Peeves?

QuickLime

my biggest pony pet peeve is unfriendliness towards someone who likes My Little Pony, just because I like it doesn't mean I am not straight. It is simply a divine show which speaks of love and tolerance which the world needs a lot more of.

One thing specifically in this community that kind of just weirds me out because it seems manipulative is posting RP threads and putting something in the header to get the attention of specific cast members, like this: A Stroll on the Beach [ATTENTION CELESTIA]. Are these people even ASKING if the people with those characters want to add to another RP on their plate before doing this, or do they just assume they're entitled to RP with anyone who has a cast character whenever they want to? Do they assume that all cast RPers read the heading of every single thread, trolling for new RPs to join?

Then again, I don't know if they have contacted the person who has the cast character or not, but without knowing that context it just seems really inconsiderate.

• Like 1

I did something like that for an RP that just started, however:

1. Asked around for someone who played Blueblood. A most excellent player was recommended to me.

2. I asked said player via PM.

3. During this time I sent up an OC topic for players, and I hinted that if we could not find a Blueblood, an OC of royal bearings would fit just as well.

4. Once the player agreed, we set up an RP in the proper places and walla! The fun was doubled! ;-)

My current Pet Peeve is Bronies on Non-MLP sites or General sites. Like the Hub thing on Facebook. From time to time, Hub likes to announce new shows or whatever. And it never fails. Bronies pop out of the woodwork yelling "NEEDS MORE PONIES!" or "NEEDS MORE RAINBOW DASH". This just makes us look so bad as a community.

I did something like that for an RP that just started, however:

1. Asked around for someone who played Blueblood. A most excellent player was recommended to me.

2. I asked said player via PM.

3. During this time I sent up an OC topic for players, and I hinted that if we could not find a Blueblood, an OC of royal bearings would fit just as well.

4. Once the player agreed, we set up an RP in the proper places and walla! The fun was doubled! ;-)

My current Pet Peeve is Bronies on Non-MLP sites or General sites. Like the Hub thing on Facebook. From time to time, Hub likes to announce new shows or whatever. And it never fails. Bronies pop out of the woodwork yelling "NEEDS MORE PONIES!" or "NEEDS MORE RAINBOW DASH". This just makes us look so bad as a community.

That's not exactly what I am talking about, because you at least made a stab in the dark effort, and was that in Mane RP or Crossover?

Also, the second part. YES. That is SO ANNOYING. The Hub can't post ANYTHING that's not ponies.

One thing specifically in this community that kind of just weirds me out because it seems manipulative is posting RP threads and putting something in the header to get the attention of specific cast members, like this: A Stroll on the Beach [ATTENTION CELESTIA]. Are these people even ASKING if the people with those characters want to add to another RP on their plate before doing this, or do they just assume they're entitled to RP with anyone who has a cast character whenever they want to? Do they assume that all cast RPers read the heading of every single thread, trolling for new RPs to join?

Then again, I don't know if they have contacted the person who has the cast character or not, but without knowing that context it just seems really inconsiderate.

It does seem inconsiderate, but there also might be more behind the scenes we don't see (such as a request to play with said character in PMs). In either case, it's up to the player if they want to RP or not, and they are always welcome to decline.

It does seem inconsiderate, but there also might be more behind the scenes we don't see (such as a request to play with said character in PMs). In either case, it's up to the player if they want to RP or not, and they are always welcome to decline.

O_o This is considered *rude* now? All the sites I've been on in the past considered it Standard Operating Procedure...

I wouldn't say rude -- just inconsiderate. I'd always ask someone to play before setting up a thread, but it's really not a big deal. I suppose the only one to say for certain would be someone that has had it happen to them.

People just KEEP changing the rules without telling me!!!! (lol... well sorta...) And it always seems to happen right after I flub and do something by the old rules... >.<

It seems RUDE to demand someone come to your rp without asking them privately first.

In my defense (and possibly a few others) for many, many, years there was no "PM" function, so the only way to get somone's attention WAS to use an "ATTN:" tag... Times change and some of us dont notice in time to change with the times! (bah, not as good a tongue-twister and I thought it'd be... I'm no pinkie that's for sure :P lol)

People just KEEP changing the rules without telling me!!!! (lol... well sorta...) And it always seems to happen right after I flub and do something by the old rules... >.<

Rules and common courtesy are two different things, dAsh! Both can be open to interpretation, but the main idea is to be courteous to the players of the game by asking if they want to play in the first place. What if you were playing, say, a game of checkers, and I dumped my checker board on top of it and told you that you have to play with me now? What if you were playing five other games of checkers at the same time before I came along and demanded you play with me too?

Would it be impolite for me to ask first?

Thank goodness you can private message people on this forum! In dAsh's defense, adapting to new rules can be hard, because we tend to rely on old habits, but ATTN: was never so great anyways. But you know what? Everybody makes mistakes, and it's okay. Well, except me. Because I'm Brony Jesus 8-)

sweet_pony_jesus_by_bridgetthegamer-d4hr5i7.png

• Like 1

And I thought that I was the only one who thought that when I saw ponified Jesus....

While I don't think the actual color of Jesus' skin is that important, it is amusing, and a bit confusing, to see pictures of white Jesus in places like India and Mexico.

While I don't think the actual color of Jesus' skin is that important, it is amusing, and a bit confusing, to see pictures of white Jesus in places like India and Mexico.

I don't think his skin color is important either, but logically, he shouldn't be white, lest he is an albino. Considering that he was raised as a carpenter, and was out doors in the middle east, he couldn't be white as picture depictions of him claim. At the very least he would be tan, and light hair is not a common feature of Israelites.

...logically, he shouldn't be white, lest he is an albino. Considering that he was raised as a carpenter, and was out doors in the middle east, he couldn't be white as picture depictions of him claim. At the very least he would be tan, and light hair is not a common feature of Israelites.

Precisely. However, I have never been to a black church that had a picture of white Jesus; they have been doing it right for quite a while.

It's interesting to note, through history man has sought to make paintings more beautiful than reality. One interesting definition of beauty is "paler" (likely stemming from females tending to have a paler complexion than males) which carries over into art. It is almost assured that ANY picture of a historical person, is at least a couple shades paler than the person was IRL.

That being said, I agree Jesus of Nazereth as well as the usually-oddly-pale Moses were likely quite dark-skinned

...and if I said that in public here in the bible belt, you'd hear the screams of "BLASPHEMY!" all the way in china! lol

...and if I said that in public here in the bible belt, you'd hear the screams of "BLASPHEMY!" all the way in china! lol

Really? Because I lived in Lubbock Texas for four years and we joked about it there too. I've been around a few people when they heard about it for the first time, and the normal reaction is closer to: "huh, I guess that makes sense".

Really? Because I lived in Lubbock Texas for four years and we joked about it there too. I've been around a few people when they heard about it for the first time, and the normal reaction is closer to: "huh, I guess that makes sense".

A lot of the "Bible Belt" sees anyone who's not "White" as "Black" and by "Black" they mean -theNword- so... you apparently lived in a more up-scale and logical area. Just like here people will get downright offended if you say "Well the 'Parting of the Red Sea' *could* have been talking about the 'Reed sea' where the Israelites were able to cross but the chariots gut bogged down in the mud and reeds" oh buck no, it *WAS* the Red Sea to these people and anyone saying even *might* is Blasphemous and a bad influence. Look up "Southern Baptist" and you'll probably see what I mean...