What would you do with a time machine?

Starfox64x

Then you might create a never ending nacho making machine instead of a lettuce growing machine.

I'd agree, except that I see "Thomas Edison" in that description! I knew I had good reason to dislike Johnny Test! Thomas Edison was the Steve Jobs of the 19-20th Century! A business man that stifled the competition and stole ideas! The real genius was Nikola Tesla!

I'm sure whatever I could imagine Tesla could make, and BETTER than Edison!

I'd go to a future with starships and all that sci-fi stuff, smash the machine, and live my life there, because I despise modern life lol, entirely personal opinion.

What if your children/grandchildren/lineage is responsible for the tech in the future, but you disappeared mysteriously before they were born... :?:

I'd agree, except that I see "Thomas Edison" in that description! I knew I had good reason to dislike Johnny Test! Thomas Edison was the Steve Jobs of the 19-20th Century! A business man that stifled the competition and stole ideas! The real genius was Nikola Tesla!

If I understand the episode correctly, it was Johnny's sisters who wanted to make the machine, but they sent Johnny back to ask him for help with it. But you could mess up current technology in that way by suggesting a change to an inventor of the time.

If I understand the episode correctly, it was Johnny's sisters who wanted to make the machine, but they sent Johnny back to ask him for help with it. But you could mess up current technology in that way by suggesting a change to an inventor of the time.

And that is the beauty of Tesla, he was so revolutionary in his ideas that there would be no issues. He's like Da Vinci, so far ahead of his time the things he conceived and designed are not available yet (partially due to captialism)/

I would do as rosewind said, and destroy it. Even using a time machine to do little things, like meet famous people, or see historic events, or even just to buy something, could drastically change the future. If time travel exists, and has been used, how would we know? Changes would happen, could happen, and we would be none the wiser, which is kind of creepy to think about. There's also the possibility of multiple timelines, among other things. Messing with the order of things is a very unwise idea.

I would do as rosewind said, and destroy it. Even using a time machine to do little things, like meet famous people, or see historic events, or even just to buy something, could drastically change the future. If time travel exists, and has been used, how would we know? Changes would happen, could happen, and we would be none the wiser, which is kind of creepy to think about. There's also the possibility of multiple timelines, among other things. Messing with the order of things is a very unwise idea.

PSH. SCREW BEING WISE. I WANNA PARTAY WITH ABE LINCOLN!!!

Hmmm... I'd probably screw around with the fabric of history just because... well, just because.

First off, I'd spend the next couple years writing my autobiography, then I'd travel back and give to my ten year old self, and see what would happen.

Then, I don't know, I suppose I'd create as many paradoxes as possible, just to witness what they'd actually DO. Oh, and maybe I'd pick up a couple future tacos.

I'd just like to mention that people are assuming that time paradox's are possible, as well as changing the course of history.

Time travel is theoretically impossible. Thus we don't know what the effects would be. There could be drastic effects or none at all. Everything people have stated, like the butterfly effect, are all sci-fi theories. In other words, not rooted in anything real or factual.

For all we know time could have several paths that we don't know about and each path is dependent on choices people make, lending to an infinite number of parallel time lines. Thus changing something wouldn't actually change anything in the principle time line, but rather create a new time line that it would follow, while the other continues unabated. (This is yet another sci-fi theory btw)

The fact is, we don't know, and assuming that something would or can occur as people are suggesting by the changing of time, is ridiculous because there is no scientific backing to that being true or possible. Reading something in Sci-fi or watching something in sci-fi, no matter how clever or seemingly possible, is still just fiction.

So let's all have fun and not take the Sci-fi moral high ground with this, shall we?

I wouldn't want to alter anything major, lest I erase myself or others from history, so no killing Hitler or anything like that.

However, I am completely willing with stealing Hitler's wallet in order to make his afternoon completely and totally miserable.

Ooooooo, I just thought of something that would be awesome!

I would keep a journal, starting now, of every important thing I'd learn or experience throughout my life, even if it would take up several volumes. Then, when I get close to my expiration date, instead of accepting fate and push up those daises, I would go back in time and give past me everything I'd ever learned, and also tell him to repeat the process for his past me, or my past past me. Then, I'd celebrate with future tacos.

I do believe I just unlocked the key to infinite knowledge.

I am a fan of the "timeline" view of time travel. You can't mess up history, but go back enough times, and you can really screw up yourself.

That being said, I think it would be phenomenal to go back to the early days of go or modern chess for a game against the original players.