First video game you've ever played in your entire life

What was the first video game you have ever played in your entire life? And how old were you when you started playing?

Mine was Guardian Heroes for the Sega Saturn. And I was 7 years old when I started playing. Me and my little brother (he was 5 years old at the time.) would play it all the time, till our Sega Saturn broke. (A mouse chewed on the cords and ruined it.) 6 years later, my little brother's friend gave him a new Sega Saturn and since then me and him would relive the glory days of our childhood playing that game.

I think it was either Tetris or one of the early Mario games on Super Nintendo. Or maybe it was regular Nintendo... Or maybe it was that Noah's Ark game...

I don't know, but I know the first one I ever seriously played, because I was kinda too young to play the Super Nintendo at the time, was Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (I think). It was one of the ones were Tails was playable, and I generally liked to play Tails. A neighbor had game, so I would go to his house to play. But I wasn't very good at that either. :sleep:

Gosh...I think it was called Bombadier? Or maybe just Bomber? You played as a plane that flies from right to left above a city. You have to drop bombs to destroy buildings, and each time your plane flies over, it gets lower. If you don't blow up all the buildings, you crash. I remember playing that back on the old Commodore Vic 20. Came on a cassette tape. We've come a long way...

We have an old Atari. I might have played something like Pong on it when I was incredibly young. I really don't remember. I think I mostly watched my older brother and my parents play when it came to that thing.

We got a NES when I was like three or four. I know I played that. Probably it was the first Super Mario Bros that I first played on that, though I can't say for certain.

I want to say it was Pokémon Crystal. I remember that was one of the first games I got when I got my Gameboy, which was the first gaming system I owned. I got for either my seventh or eighth birthday. I can't really remember which. ^^' I want to say seventh... Or maybe it was for Christmas. Blah, I don't know. :D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I might have played Frogger on an old Atari at my grandparents house when I was five...

I am not sure at all what my very first video game experience was, likely it was in an arcade. The various ones I remember are:

Arcade - Not sure, possibly Space Invaders

Computer - Lemonade Stand on the Apple IIe

Home System: Asteroids on the Atari 2600

i am 75ish% sure (number pulled out of thin air btw) that it was the original prince of persia on an uncle's pc...

@flutterscotch are you really THAT old? :!::?::)

Some of us may even be older:

i am 75ish% sure (number pulled out of thin air btw) that it was the original prince of persia on an uncle's pc...

@flutterscotch are you really THAT old? :!::?::)

Considering I remember being super stoked when my uncle got an Atari 5200 for Chistmas, and then being REALLY excited when a few years later I got an Atari 7800, the first year it came out, that's a big YES.

This is a hard one, I've been around gaming for a very long time, so I don't remember the first one. The first one I can remember playing was Dig Dug on the Commodore 64. There were a few others on it that I played, but I don't remember what they were called. Dig Dug was my favorite of those. Yeah... I played games before Mario. :P

The earliest games I can recall playing are the Commander Keen episodes on PC. Lovely little shareware platformer controlling an 8 year old boy with a ray-gun and a pogo stick.

I rarely played without cheats enabled so that I could powerfinish stages.

The earliest games I can recall playing are the Commander Keen episodes on PC. Lovely little shareware platformer controlling an 8 year old boy with a ray-gun and a pogo stick.

I rarely played without cheats enabled so that I could powerfinish stages.

OMG COMMANDER KEEN YES 8D

I remember playing the Keen Dreams one where you fight evil fruit and veggies in your attempt to take down the evil King Potato.