East Coast Bronies!

BlindJester

How is everypony fairing after that storm that tore through here the other day? Hope not too much damage was done, what happened in your neighborhood? A lot of trees fell over and of course the power is out in a lot of the area(luckily my grandma got hers back. No cable though hence why I'm using my phone x3) stay safe and hydrated D:

-Evo Shift

holy crap man I was at my shore house in wildwood when it hit. nearly lost all our deck furniture and saw some of the coolest lightning in a long time. Also had fun being a complete idiot and standing out on the second floor deck in the rain just to watch all the awesomeness go down

holy crap man I was at my shore house in wildwood when it hit. nearly lost all our deck furniture and saw some of the coolest lightning in a long time. Also had fun being a complete idiot and standing out on the second floor deck in the rain just to watch all the awesomeness go down

...I'm going to second the "complete idiot" bit ;)

Not much happened here, got some rain from it, that's it, but I'm near Atlanta, GA, so coastal weather rarely affects us (Though when we lived in Greenville, SC, and a major hurricane came through it literally bent the trees in the yard (around 4" in diameter) all the way to the ground!)

We got rain and hail here, and a few trees fell, but I don't know if it was part of a bigger storm or anything. Or even if the region around Augusta, GA is affected by coastal weather (it does seems a bit far, but I must not assume anything, after all). I've only been here since a few months ago.

And lightning ! :D I love lightning. We had some impressive thunder here.

It was awful here! We didn't have power for like...36-48 hours, and there were a bunch of trees down...we got power back this morning, but there are some people near me that still don't have power now.

Half of my grandma's roof was blown off! My house was okay, 'cause we got a new roof recently, but there was some serious damage down here. Lots of lightning and grass fires and such. Scary stuff.

There was a storm??? I'm in orlando FL atm... I need to leave the house more apparently...

Florida didn't get hit by it, we just barely missed it. However that tropical depression was pretty cool ^^

Anyway I feel really bad because the night before it hit I had played the song of storms on my keyboard with the heavy trumpet settings on. ;_; I feel like this might have amplified the effect a bit..... (I don't think it actually controls the storm but its so darn coincidental!!! It's happened so many times already ><)

Best of luck to anyone who was hit heavily! I hope everyone recovers from this soon. ^3^

East Coaster Brony right here!

Live in New Jersey, so I couldn't begin to imagine how bad the damage is from that storm. However, I hope everypony is OK.

Love to see some East Coast Bronies! I sometimes think only myself, my friend Hayden and my girlfriend are the only Bronies in Jersey...xD

We got crazy lightning all night, so of course I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep after the storm passed us by. I didn't even know anything had happened until I looked at my bedside clock and saw the number blinking.

I didn't know anything was happening until the power went out, then I looked outside and was like "What the tartarus?" then a big tree bent over sideways, next I heard a boom of thunder and multiple flash of lightning. Then I hid under my covers like a foal XD

Well, I happen to live in the state that got the most power outages, West Virginia. 54 of our 56 counties had people who lost their electricity. MY area lost power last Friday night and didn't get it back till late Sunday Night. We were luckier than most, more than half of those who lost power in WV Friday STILL have no power. Some of the local convenience stores operated on generator power so folks could buy gas, but the gas ran out quickly with all the panic buying. All the local area restaurants were pretty much closed due to the fact that they lost their refrigerated/frozen food. I tossed out all of my rotting food fast, so as of right now, I'm living on canned foods I had in storage. It may take another week for deliveries of fresh/frozen food and fuel to reach us, so until then, we're all surviving the best we can. A nearby town is STILL going to hold its annual Independence Day picnic tomorrow, so I'll be going to it to show support for the community.

Unfortunately, I was driving to work right when the storm set in. It was by and large one of the most frightening driving experiences I've ever had the misfortune of being put through. High winds, near-blinding sheets of rain, falling / downed trees and powerlines everywhere, streetlights knocked out...never again please. :(

Unfortunately, I was driving to work right when the storm set in. It was by and large one of the most frightening driving experiences I've ever had the misfortune of being put through. High winds, near-blinding sheets of rain, falling / downed trees and powerlines everywhere, streetlights knocked out...never again please. :-(

I do not envy you. e3e That sounds awful. I've been in a big storm before, but nothing like that... Did your car wanna fly off the road?

Well, I happen to live in the state that got the most power outages, West Virginia. 54 of our 56 counties had people who lost their electricity. MY area lost power last Friday night and didn't get it back till late Sunday Night. We were luckier than most, more than half of those who lost power in WV Friday STILL have no power. Some of the local convenience stores operated on generator power so folks could buy gas, but the gas ran out quickly with all the panic buying. All the local area restaurants were pretty much closed due to the fact that they lost their refrigerated/frozen food. I tossed out all of my rotting food fast, so as of right now, I'm living on canned foods I had in storage. It may take another week for deliveries of fresh/frozen food and fuel to reach us, so until then, we're all surviving the best we can. A nearby town is STILL going to hold its annual Independence Day picnic tomorrow, so I'll be going to it to show support for the community.

Oh man the traffic the day after the storm was HORRIBLE, and there was this marketplace that was still open it took an hour to get food(Fast food). My house(The one I actually stay at) got it's power back yesterday so all the food we had sat in the fridge for 4 days and it was awful. Bleh that smell made me want to puke, we've been eating fast food since there isn't much at stores yet. It's nice to hear that you're doing okay Mojo and that a town nearby is still hoping it's picnic for the 4th. Be sure to stay hydrated!

Unfortunately, I was driving to work right when the storm set in. It was by and large one of the most frightening driving experiences I've ever had the misfortune of being put through. High winds, near-blinding sheets of rain, falling / downed trees and powerlines everywhere, streetlights knocked out...never again please. :-(

Oh no, my older sister got caught in that mess too and to hear how it was for you made me glad she got home safe and I'm really glad you're okay as well. Did you lose power at home or at work?

Oh no, my older sister got caught in that mess too and to hear how it was for you made me glad she got home safe and I'm really glad you're okay as well. Did you lose power at home or at work?

Most of the power lines near where I live are buried underground so we did not lose power at home, however we did lose it at work. Thankfully, we have backup generators to keep all of our vital systems online. Unfortunately, AC was not one of them. xD

There was a tornado touch down 30 minutes from my house a few days ago. We got some strong winds, heavy rain, no hail though. :\ Luckily I've learned to survive without AC, as I've never lived WITH it. So IF the power does go out, I can still sleep. :3

The storms recently have been ridiculous. But what do oyu expect? It's been 95'F and HUMID lately. So the more rain, the better. Especially for our crops and garden. :P

There was a tornado touch down 30 minutes from my house a few days ago. We got some strong winds, heavy rain, no hail though. :\ Luckily I've learned to survive without AC, as I've never lived WITH it. So IF the power does go out, I can still sleep. :3

The storms recently have been ridiculous. But what do oyu expect? It's been 95'F and HUMID lately. So the more rain, the better. Especially for our crops and garden. :P

Rain is nice, but sometimes it raises the humidity(Mainly on a hot day right after a storm) and makes it feel a lot hotter than it's suppose to be. I do not envy your living with AC as I'm normally hot when it's on to begin with so when it's off that's just over kill for me XD. I'm glad to hear you're okay though.

That storm was crazy. I was out on the balcony with Crescent at the time, and it was just ridiculous. The rain felt like hail!

Why were you outside in the storm! D: