Canon map of Equestria

Observation: the "official" map appears to be very very loosely based on North America. Note that all the periphery cities are located in the approximate spots that their real-life namesakes would be on a real map. There's even a Vanhoover in the northwest corner! Assuming that the real world can serve as a somewhat reliable guide for placing Equestrian cities, then Hoofington/Washington would probably end up on the south shore of Horseshoe Bay (fittingly right next to a swamp), while poor ole' Trottingham would be on the other side of the Pond from Equestria-proper.

Nitpick alert: I think Los Pegasus should actually still be Las Pegasus, since Las Vegas seems to be the more obvious namesake for the place than Los Angeles.

Going by this then i wouldnt be surprised if there are pony settlements across the ocean nearby the griffons. If we placed the griffons in europe I could see Trottingham being in an island country like England and places like Stalliongrab being a russianlike country. THe world just got much bigger... XD

THen again the griffons could be anything east of 'america'. Hmmm. LEts say all europe has a pony analogue them maybe the griffons are middle east in a sense? Turkey wouldnt even need a name change XD

I love maps. That is all.

That's why I always loved some of my older CRPGs. Like the Ultimas..They usually had a big cloth map and another goodie that came with the game...Now the poster doesn't do anything for me, and I don't see myself buying one of the bigger toy items..Now if Hasbro put out a cloth version of that map, I would so buy it. :blah:

Honestly at this time we are not sure how much to incorporate this map into the RP map and vise versa. The problem being how much of the RP in terms of stories and worldbuilding would break by totally rebuilding our map using this one as a model? I hate to ruin a whole lot of RPers personal lore here by saying "okay new world, looks completely different".

Well...... I suppose that if we really wanted to be cheap with the retconning, it can just be explained that the RP Equestria and the "canon" one are actually two similar-yet-different dimensions and call it a day. :blah:

As much as I enjoy having a cannon map of Equestria, I still prefer that one fan-made world map. It feels more creative and interesting to me.

This is the map I'm speaking of, in case anyone's wondering: http://www.deviantart.com/download/253465186/equestria_and_beyond__rev_8_1_by_hlissner-d46wmzm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that fanon map, what are the political implications of Equestria 'boxing in' Glascow.

'Your people expand too quickly Celestia! While your kind may control the sun and the moon do not think that your subjects control all that those bodies shine upon!'

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILERS AHOY!

Shout Factory: "In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria......" Well, I suppose the northern mountains on the official map were called the "Crystal Mountains" for an obvious reason, right? :P

• 1 month later...