Money Flow (rd)?

charkzilla20

Government keeping Ponyville afloat with research money? That sounds like a recipe for a stable economy (sarcasm intended, pun not intended).

Also pretty scary form my perspective, because Alaska artificially supports way more people than it should based on military spending than is unwise this side of the cold war.

I'm not saying that ponies aren't industrious, just that most of the products of their labors stay local.

Obviously, showcasing the economy of Ponyville isn't a high priority of the writers, so whatever.

(sarcasm intended, pun not intended).

Easy fella, just bandying some ideas for bringing some income to a (small?) village. Not saying that one or any of them are the saving grace...

EDIT:- Also, looking at the 'Council of weatherponies' idea just makes it seem like the situation presented in 'Hearths Warming Eve'.

Weather pony goon:- "Got some real pretty crop fields hereabouts. Looks like a lotta money and work goes into makin' 'em so pretty. Be a shame if there weren't much rain the rest of the year..."

Bonus points if s/he is chewing a toothpick and flipping a coin....

Yeah, at this point, if there was some big thing that supported Ponyville all by itself, we would have seen it. It is much more likely that they are diversified and include many of the things you mentioned and others besides.

Heck, why not take the fact that Ponyville is doing well as evidence that that we aren't seeing the whole picture? Still, living in a state that appears to have a shaky future makes me wonder...

Still, living in a state that appears to have a shaky future makes me wonder...

Possible season 3 spoliers

Especially given the speculation, guessing and fanfics that are coming out of those season 3 pictures....

EDIT:- About halfway down page 14 for those that are interested. Given the post below, apologies and added spoilers

Hmmmmm I wonder what the exchange rate would be in US Dollars? ..... something to think about.... .....something random....

This has been argued for a long time... last I checked the average value was 1B = 1USD, but there are LOTS of inconsistencies even in-universe

So its safe to say that 1USD = 1B?

That is assuming that Equestrians put value in a piece of green paper :P which odds are they don't. Odds are precious metals hold more value, so any green you have would be worthless. You would need things like nickles, dollar coins maybe, pennies and quarters. Our change and coin money would probably have some value.

I think there is enough gold and gems in Equestria, that if trade ever became fully opened between our worlds that the earth side would face sudden and massive inflation. The Equestria side would face sudden and massive deflation. Our primary import would be gold, and it would go very badly for both sides.

Any comparison of our two currencies must encompass a wide range of purchases. Comparing nothing but apple related products allows many things to cause errors in your system. What are average wages in both worlds? What are transportation, shelter, luxury costs in both worlds?

I think there is enough gold and gems in Equestria, that if trade ever became fully opened between our worlds that the earth side would face sudden and massive inflation. The Equestria side would face sudden and massive deflation. Our primary import would be gold, and it would go very badly for both sides.

Any comparison of our two currencies must encompass a wide range of purchases. Comparing nothing but apple related products allows many things to cause errors in your system. What are average wages in both worlds? What are transportation, shelter, luxury costs in both worlds?

.... Wow! Lots of thought went into that one. lol /)*(\ Brohoof

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about Rainbow but is seems thet everyone forgot that Flutter was a model (briefly, but still) and models earns a lot. She propably have some savings on the top of what was written here already.

Twilight is Celestia perosnal student. I don't doubt the she is sponsored by her in some way.

Twilight's brother is married to a princess, and she's the apprentice of the ruler of the kingdom. I honestly don't think she ever needs to worry about money.

Rarity also probably has a lot of money. Did we all forget that her special skill to to find diamonds? (which we know are valuable because of how much the diamond dogs wanted them) Also, her fashion design probably earns her loads.

We all know how AJ earns her money, so I'm not gonna go into that.

Pinkie is employed by the cakes as their cashier, plus she seems to get hired to do other things, like being the announcer at the Running of the Leaves.

Fluttershy seems to be some kind of one pony charity organization, since she does spend all her time helping the poor widdle animals. However, she also has her bird choir that she seems to rent out. Maybe she's like one of those 'Dan the Animal Man' guys who take snakes and stuff to kids birthday parties? Plus, if she ever ran out of money I'm sure everyone would be happy to help her out. ( :-( How could you say no to this face?)

I think of RD as some sort of sanitation worker person, employed by the government for minimum wage to clean up the clouds. However, her house is a freakin' castle!

Rainbow_Dash_home_s1e25.png

125350%2B-%2Banimated%2Bbed%2Bbedroom%2Bbooks%2Bduplicate%2Bleg_wiggle%2Brainbow_dash%2Breading%2BRead_It_And_Weep.gif

Now does that look like the house of a government employee?

I'll admit that I just have no idea about this one.

Y

Twilight's brother is married to a princess, and she's the apprentice of the ruler of the kingdom. I honestly don't think she ever needs to worry about money.

Rarity also probably has a lot of money. Did we all forget that her special skill to to find diamonds? (which we know are valuable because of how much the diamond dogs wanted them) Also, her fashion design probably earns her loads.

We all know how AJ earns her money, so I'm not gonna go into that.

Pinkie is employed by the cakes as their cashier, plus she seems to get hired to do other things, like being the announcer at the Running of the Leaves.

Fluttershy seems to be some kind of one pony charity organization, since she does spend all her time helping the poor widdle animals. However, she also has her bird choir that she seems to rent out. Maybe she's like one of those 'Dan the Animal Man' guys who take snakes and stuff to kids birthday parties? Plus, if she ever ran out of money I'm sure everyone would be happy to help her out. ( :-( How could you say no to this face?)

I think of RD as some sort of sanitation worker person, employed by the government for minimum wage to clean up the clouds. However, her house is a freakin' castle!

Rainbow_Dash_home_s1e25.png

125350%2B-%2Banimated%2Bbed%2Bbedroom%2Bbooks%2Bduplicate%2Bleg_wiggle%2Brainbow_dash%2Breading%2BRead_It_And_Weep.gif

You know i made a thread about how RD might actually be rich.

I pointed this out in the past...I have a feeling she's got rich parents..Or maybe she won the Pony Lottery. :blah:

Or she somehow knows how to manipulate the substanse her house is made out of

I wondered about that, but that implies she would take the time to design and build a house from scratch.

My conclusion was that she could do it, but she probably wouldn't do it. Seems more likely that having received the shell somehow, she would make it cooler.

Rainbow Dash is pretty obsessed with image. I don't see why she wouldn't make herself a fancy house, especially considering how quickly and easily she works with clouds

Yeah, maybe.

We know she likes style, and has some ability to recognize it, but could she have designed a home like that? We all saw how her attempt at a dress turned out.