THE SHIPS HAVE SUNK

The most amazing things this series has going for it is the complete focus on platonic friendships.

It would be improved by removing spike's infatuation and the hearts and hooves episode.

Now then, I think both of those things fit the show because they mostly play the romantic stuff for laughs (at least when Shining & Cadance are not involved), avoid all the stupid "will they, won't they?" angst that constitutes most romantic drama and because there is an understanding that things will stick to the status quo at the episode's end. Things only become problematic if romantic issues become serious, season-spanning priorities for the Mane 6 that change the old status quo.

Wedding between two ponies we have ever met: lots of fun

Dating between two ponies we know: terrible idea.

The most amazing things this series has going for it is the complete focus on platonic friendships.

It would be improved by removing spike's infatuation and the hearts and hooves episode.

Spike's childlike unrequited love doesn't bug me, it reminds me of the days of elementary school where we had stupid kid like crushes, or the pre-teen crush on some big teen celebrity. Of course he could be in love for other "more dragon" reasons; instead of wanting a romantic relationship, he could see Rarity as an "object of great beauty" like the most valuable gem, as dragons have that innate desire to collect and horde beautiful things, and that is how this base desire manifests itself in Spike.

No doubt that is over thinking it too, but make a good story.

As for Hearts and Hooves Day, I love that episode, at least for all the humorous and crazy expressions that were used; you can tell the artists had a field day there. Even if Cheerilee and Mac became a couple, that wouldn't bug me because how is that much different than the Cakes? It wouldn't be teen angst, they're adults. I am fine with background or secondary characters being together for story, but doing it for the mane six would fundamentally alter the show's premise. In that sense I strongly suspect they will never be shipped in show.

Underage small children shipping. Great.

Better be trolling, Krypt.

This isn't funny.

You're very clearly reading far too into this shadow. Have you never heard of an innocent school yard crush? The d'aaaw factor registers on the rector scale! Passing little love notes, sneaking quick nose kisses, holding hooves when nopony is looking, sharing lunch, taking naps snuggled together~

Honestly Shadow, why you gotta try and make it weird? They're adorable fictional characters and I can make them kiss if I wana ♥

scootaloo x sweetie belle and rainbow dash x twilight are the best ships

I'm liking the cut of your gem Leo! Twidash is by far my favorite Dash related ship.

You have been corrected. Love triangle!

But Applebloom has spike! D:

• Like 1

Applebloom and Spike are one of those ships I will never get.

I could see Applebloom and one of the male foals at her school though, in some ship that is akin to a schoolyard crush.

Apple Bloom x All Colts in school

I will make it so.

You're very clearly reading far too into this shadow. Have you never heard of an innocent school yard crush? The d'aaaw factor registers on the rector scale! Passing little love notes, sneaking quick nose kisses, holding hooves when nopony is looking, sharing lunch, taking naps snuggled together~

Honestly Shadow, why you gotta try and make it weird? They're adorable fictional characters and I can make them kiss if I wana ♥

This isn't adorable at all. You can have your opinion but I won't agree with you. At all. :)

Haha you don't even need an image editor to fake that comment. All you need to do is tweak the source in Chrome for a second and you can make whatever comment you want.

Yeah, it's pretty much fake.