Flutterdash is CANNON?

MisterChippy

Firstly, watch this with sound on:

OMG they kissed! Right?

Wellll, maybe... Here's a screenshot:

post-3801-0-87474400-1346678062_thumb.pn

However, this might be a bit misleading. I watched the whole sequence frame by frame and couldn't see any moment where it was clear that a kiss took place. Then again, the sequence wasn't meant to be watched frame by frame and at full speed it really looks like they're kissing. Then, we have the sound effect...

No, youtube did not add that kissing sound there. That was there in the REAL EPISODE. And lets be serious here. Can you come up with ANY other sound that that could possibly be besides a kiss? I couldn't. Combined with how this sequence looks, I have to say that all this being a coincidence is very, very unlikely.

However, I think whether or not this was actually a kiss doesn't really matter. It LOOKED like a kiss, it SOUNDED like a kiss, and we all know how in touch the creators of the show are with the brony community. Whoever drew that frame I posted MUST have known what it would look like to bronies, and whoever added that sound effect MUST have known what it would sound like. I think it's safe to say that they deliberately threw that little sequence in there for some reason, and I wonder why they did it.

I think this thread should be more for talking about the implications of this scene then whether or not it really happened, since the scene is here and no matter what you think you gotta admit it looks like a kiss. What does it mean that in a little kids show there is a scene where two female character appear to be kissing each other?

To be honest, it's kinda blink-and-you'll-miss-it. I caught it, and thought it was adorable. Most kids probably didn't catch it, too excited by the awesome action sequence.

It can also be interpreted as a friendly, relieved kiss, and not a shiptease. I have also heard people explain it off as just a mistimed effect, but given that Flutterdash is one of this fandom's most popular ships, I have a feeling it was just an intentional shout-out.

That definitely is a kissing sound, even though the animation doesn't really support it. But... uh.

A friendly, relieved kiss on the mouth? I call foul. I'm not saying that no one would ever do it, but it's not common enough to assume that was the intention.

If you ask me, some cheeky editor edited the kissing sound in after reviewing the animation and seeing Fluttershy seemingly pucker her lips there. With that big goofy grin, RD is kissing nopony. :shifty:

Ah, come on. It's just a swooshy sound.

And even if it was a kiss, I don't see it as a big deal. Suddenly they're having a love relationship? :P

Plus, kissing ain't a big deal. I do it to my friends all the time when I greet them. To some cultures it ain't a big deal. :/

• Like 1

I dunno, the sound doesnt really happen at the right time for a 'swoosh' or a kiss... it's kinda off. it certainly sounds like a kiss, but i dont think the actual noise happens when 'their lips are together' at least that's how i see it...

It's really strange cause i'm sure that no one in the show would put it in there on purpose for fear of raging parents, and yet it doesnt sound like a woosh sound... really odd...

As I said in the first post, I think it sounds like a kissing noise.

However, while I think it was intentional, I don't think it has any plot relevance. While I would be very happy if it turned out that flutterdash was real, I just can't see that happening the way the world is today. Yes, Hasbro is an international corporation, but America (and other very conservative countries like it) make up a huge portion of it's market, and I can't see Hasbro doing something that might alienate a large chunk of potential customers for any reason, whether to satisfy a specific fan group or to give some social message. Also, Hasbro is known to not be very gay friendly, so I seriously doubt that they'd have an openly gay couple in one of their kids shows.

Personally I think this is the animators trying to push the envelope a little and cater to the brony fandom, not anything heraldic of big changes to come.

Ah, come on. It's just a swooshy sound.

And even if it was a kiss, I don't see it as a big deal. Suddenly they're having a love relationship? :P

Plus, kissing ain't a big deal. I do it to my friends all the time when I greet them. To some cultures it ain't a big deal. :/

I see that you really like to big your deals there...

Little late on the draw there guys.

This has kinda already been picked apart by most of the fandom. Various frame by frame and sound byte picking apart endevours have lead to the conclusion that it's not a kiss (plus one of the animation staff was like 'lul naw' on their DA a while ago. I forget who though.)

As much as I love shipping, haha no, it's not a kiss sadly. Just a really weird swoosh noise while they're faces are close together.

This has kinda already been picked apart by most of the fandom. Various frame by frame and sound byte picking apart endevours have lead to the conclusion that it's not a kiss (plus one of the animation staff was like 'lul naw' on their DA a while ago. I forget who though.)

As much as I love shipping, haha no, it's not a kiss sadly. Just a really weird swoosh noise while they're faces are close together.

Yeah, I know that this probably was a kiss. But it really looks/sounds like one and that in and of itself is significant. You'll notice that all I say in the first post is that it LOOKs like a kiss. I'm just wondering what the implications of that in and of itself are.

Rainbow Dash's and Fluttershy's love is so strong not even the animators can hold it back