[Sweet Apple Acres, Open-PM, Invite, Friends, Family] Apple Bloom's Big Day!

SteelEagle

(ooc): Oops! I let this one get away from me, sorry folks

Now that things have calmed down considerably, many were now watching the birthday filly, AppleBloom, open all her gifts.

"I hope ya like mine, deary," Granny Smith said, the brightly wrapped package near AppleBloom held a hoofmade sweater the elderly mare had been working on for months with bright white colour, blue borders and many red 'apples' sewn into it.

"I know she vill like mein gift also!" Uncle Apple Strudel neighed. Inside of gift box he had set in front of AppleBloom was a genuine authentic Germaney folk dress with matching green hat like he wore.

"OH, I can't wait! AppleBloom, open my present to you!" Haywire shouted out, hoping her friend likes the slingshot and four small firecracker rockets that were inside it.

8nMQp.png

After some punch and more importantly a tall glass of water, Nursery felt like a filly again. Her legs didn't wobble, and the world didn't seem to spin quite as much anymore, which was good.

She had made her way back to the celebrating ponies, Applebloom had been busy unpacking her gifts in the meantime, and was still at it. Seeing that big farmhouse doll set reminded her to that she needed to continue to subtly remind her parents what she wanted as a gift for her birthday. There was a toy clinic she had set her eyes on for a while now, and it came with so many accessories for the tiny, wooden pony miniatures to hold, she could play all the operations in her copy of "Doctor Manehattan's compendium for difficult operational procedures" with them. It even included a a tiny set of dentistry equipment. DENTISTRY EQUIPMENT! She hadn't seen those in any other clinic play set so far, and she wanted it. Pony dentistry was a big and very important field in pony society, and she was looking into an internship at the dentist's office at her clinic. Couldn't hurt to know all the tools, both in form of detailed drawing (which she already did) and tiny wooden toy form.

Then she remembered that she was at a party, and let out a lively cheer. "Yaaaaaay"

It seemed that it had come to an unexpected moment, as most of the others were awaiting for Apple Bloom to open her next gift. So she just lowered her head a little and let out a silent "S-sorry." accompanied by an awkward smile.

• Like 1

silver_spoon_sig_by_dignifiedjustice-d4bvfp1png_zps4ebbbae3.jpg

Silver Spoon sat on the bench and slid a bit closer to Nursery Rhyme and hand her a note.

The note read: There is a special surprise in her cup! I wonder when she will notice it!

With a small giggle Silver got up and walked back over to the food and grabbed another glass of punch.

"Wow it looks like the spotlight shines the brightest on a Blank Flank's Birthday. It makes me rather jealous that for my birthday all my parents give me is a bag of bits and say 'Don't spend it all in once place now dear.' But its refreshing to be able to witness such ingenuity within such a small circle of friends." Silver spoke softly and quickly as she felt the urge to vent a bit about her birthday rituals. Surely this was at least a step in the right direction to make her birthdays more enjoyable. Maybe even next year she would invite Apple Bloom to her birthday party. Maybe.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack smiled widely as Apple Bloom fell into a pitfall of excitement. She was pretty sure her sister would never ask for anything ever again. This dollhouse was surely an amazing thing. And as excited as Apple Bloom was, Applejack joined in on the excitement. "Isn't it excitin'!? Just look at these farming tools, AB." Applejack pushed lightly with her hoof, the small toy plow that was shown next to the artificial soil. She ran the toy across it. "See this is how you plow, and when you finish the whole thing, you can choose which seed you want," Applejack push a small corn button on the back end of the barn-house which caused tiny rows of corn cardboard cutouts to pop up out of the farming area, "and presto! You got a crop!"

"And over here," Applejack then pointed at the wooden figures that illustrated the pig pen, with several wooden pigs position around the fenced in toy area, "These piggies need to be washed, they're so dirty. So you taken them, and you put them in this little tub of warm water, and," the warm water caused the color of the figure to change into a solid pink color, "they're clean! Just like that! There's lot's to do on this set, its even got sound affects." Applejack flipped a switch underneath the set and immediately the toy set started making artificial moos and cock-a-doodle-dos.

"Ah gotta an idea, Apple Bloom. Why don't you cook a meal for the farming family ponies? The kitchen is right there." Applejack laid down watching and waiting to see Apple Bloom perform, almost as if it was a test for real life. And beyond that, Applejack had lost focus and awareness that there were other presents from other ponies that might garner attention at some point. Applejack wanted to play, too.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Applejack sure had gone all out on getting all the fixin's for the set, from the animated livestock to the sounds to the simple way it played so silky smooth like a foal's bottom! She moved in concert with her big sis, mute but jumping up and down with sheer unadulterated glee with every new feature that was pointed out. It must have cost a forearm and foreleg to get it all but heck, she looked almost as excited to play with it as Apple Bloom's little heart was to simply see it. Applejack then sat down and let Apple Bloom take over and she didn't waste a second hitting it like one of Haywire's patented firecracker devices. She got out the little kitchen tools and went about making the most delicious breakfast in the world, but out of the blue Granny's voice broke through the barrier. Apple Bloom's head shot up in recognition and she looked to Granny, to the set, to Applejack, and the three again before placing the pot back on the stove with a "Sizzle Sizzle!" and motioned to Applejack.

"Watch tha stove, will ya?" Apple Bloom pleaded before racing towards her elders.

Granny's gift was opened and the sweater was absolutely perfect, warm and cozy. She put it on and sighed immediately.

"Thank ya Granny, it's so soft and it looks so pretty!" She jumped up and hugged her Granny, HER GRANNY, across the neck and gave her a smooch on the cheek. She then turned and opened Uncle Strudel's gift and pulled out the adorable hat and the even more adorable little dress! She couldn't put the dress on, but she could put the hat on and did so, hugging her Uncle Strudel and kissing him too.

"Aww, it's so cute! That dress looks mighty pretty, Uncle Strudel! Thank ya!" Apple Bloom energetically offered as she was verbally blasted by Haywire. Apple Bloom couldn't wait to see what Haywire got her. She ruffled the troublemaking filly's mane and opened her gift as well, bringing out the awesome bounty of a slingshot and rockets. The devious center that slept at the core of every little one giggled manically as she hooted and hollered.

"Haha, thanks Haywire. Ah know just where to put'm!" And with that she trotted to the playset, opened the silo, and dropped firecracker rockets inside. Just then Nursery Rhyme unleashed a Fluttershy level "yay" and apologized, the silly filly. Apple Bloom was just happy to see her among the land of the living!

"Nice ta see ya up, Nursery. Ah thought you were two marbles short of a game fer a while thar. So, who'lse has gifts?"

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith gleefully accepted the warm, loving hug from her youngest granddaughter.

"Glad ya like it, AppleBloom," the elderly mare neighed. Likewise, Uncle Apple Strudel accepted his hug from the birthday filly as well.

"You are quite velcome, AppleBloom," the bearded stallion replied.

Haywire happily received her 'head rub' from the gleeful filly who then opened her gift.

"Glad ya like'm, AppleBloom!" the rust colored filly neighed as she noticed where AppleBloom had placed her firecracker rockets. The blonde blank flank was very surprised to see that they all seemed to fit inside the silo of her playset.

"Good place ta put'm! Wait, I fergot ta give ya the pack of matches that go with the rockets!" Haywire neighed, reaching into her saddlebag to hand her a small pack of matches. "Gonna need'm ta set'm all off!"

"wow, thanks!"

Rarity gave an awkward smile at Dash and a weak chuckle. She certainly didn't like being dirtied yet again, but she hadn't had a lot of other options.

"It was the least I could, darling. A true mare of fashion must make many sacrifices to ensure the fabulosity of those around her," she said with a soft nod.

"Hoa, 'at was close Dash! almost ruined yer fancy frock! Stoatin' save that, miss, ummm… Ah am sorry Ah forgot yer nam! But ye gotta appreciate a gal wot dinnae mind gettin' dirty!"

Rarity smiled and nodded at the charming, heavily accented farm stallion's comment. He seemed like a nice guy, even if he was probably misunderstanding the situation to some extent.

"It's Rarity, darling. And while I'd hardly say I enjoy making a mess of myself, for a precious friend like Rainbow Dash, I am more than willing to do what must be done," she said, putting on her best smile.

"Sure, he says that ... but I've never met a cleaner farmer. You should see him and his sister. 'Ach! wot're ye makin' a mess of me kitchen!' 'It's called cookin'! If ye wanna eat ye'll shut it!'"

At Dash's silly impression of the farmer, Carrot, and his sister, Rarity tried to stifle her laughter. Dash evidently knew this gentlestallion well, to have his uncommon Fet Loch accent down so well. She nodded and gave a chuckle.

"I see! Well, that doesn't truly surprise," Rarity said. "With that darling kilt and all, he does look a stallion who would be concerned with keeping a clean appearance."

"So ... what *can* I do in a kitchen that won't get this getup all dirty?"

"Hmm..." Rarity started at this question. "Well, a kitchen truly isn't a very good place to be for the well dressed, Rainbow. Everything calls for a precision and care if you wish to remain untarnished. It may prove best if you let others handing the baking now and rejoin the party."

"Shoods we gang it intae th' main room? we dornt want tae miss th' present openings, an' mah sister brooght a cake! Large enaw fur everypony tae gie a slice tay! Thaur ye gang ladies, we dornt want tae gie 'at frock dirty, yoo're jist sae bonnie in it."

Rarity nodded as she trotted toward a towel. She couldn't correct all of her disheveled appearance, but she was compelled to at least wipe off the obvious splotches before she went anywhere.

"Mr. Fields has the right idea. I get the idea that Pinkie should be able to handle it from here. We really should join the others. I'm sure they'll all be delighted to see you," Rarity said, smiling toward her rainbow maned friend.

Purple Haze

Purple looked up at Lux's question, a curious look on her face as she put yet another present into the 'present' pile. She also kept going at Lux's 'not present' pile and sorting it into smaller piles - the garbage pile, the repairable pile, the still-good pile, stuff like that. "Ach, aye!" she said, holding the small giftbox in her mouth, dangling by the ribbons. She looked over to Cheerilee. "Whad it 'ook 'ike, again?" she asked brightly.

Rainbow Dash

Dash looked at Pinkie Pie uncertainly ... Pinkie had already done a pretty good job of wrecking the party, which was really unlike her. She seemed ... off, today. Then again, the fabulously done-up Rainbow Dash and the filthy Rarity had little to say about someone acting differently than usual! "All right," she said, with a little laugh. At least Applejack was here - the mare was always on top of everything, very responsible and adult and -

She came out into the main room to find Applejack hunkered down on her belly, giggling like a little foal as she played with a great big dollhouse. Rainbow Dash stopped and stared in surprise. What the hay was going on with this party?!

She shook her head. Well, this dress wasn't her fault, and she still had an awesome, radical gift to give to Apple Bloom! She grinned broadly and trotted over to where her rainbow-paper-wrapped hoofball was sitting in the pile and flicked it into the air with her wing, balancing it there for a moment before rolling it across her back to her other wing, and then setting the distinctively shaped package down in front of Apple Bloom.

"Bet ya can't guess what I got you!" she chirped proudly, her long shimmering mane and gorgeous gown shining as she stood tall, waiting for the filly to open the gift.
  • Like 1

Guiding Light paused while separating the gifts from the other debris. He ad been through the repetitive motion of separating the gifts that he forgot about the reason he was doing it in the first place. Purple Haze's question returned him to the purpose of the task as the colt tried remembering what Cheerilee said.

"Err... I think that it was this big," the yellow unicorn said making a motion with his hooves to show the length and width, "Oh and it had a red bow!"

His mind turned to trying to get to know the filly who assisted him in finding his teacher's gift for Apple Bloom.

"So what do you like to do for fun Purple Haze, you know, besides trying to find presents at a party?"

Carrot Fields

Carrot gave an embarrassed smile as Rarity reminded him of her name; he did hear it before, Dash had mentioned her a few times as a close friend who was into fashion and “looking good”. She was stunning, though his idea of a fashionista was as pony who would be appalled at any sort of mess – not the unicorn mare before him, willing to get down and dirty. But despite all that, she was certainly no slob – even matted and filthy, she had an air of sophistication about her, like dirt and grime was the new black. “Glad tae meit ye miss rarity; i’m carrot fields!” Dumbtail, she already knows that!

If his stating the obvious wasn’t embarrassing enough, he felt even more self-conscious, if not a little annoyed, when Dash mimicked some of the conversations he had with his little sister. He felt a bit indignant as the two mares laughed, but his impending protests were cut short before they started as Rarity complimented him and his traditional garb. “Weel cheers! usually ponies aroond these parts jes’ sniggar about th' kilt, callin' it a frock an' aw. Oi’m glad tae finally meet a pony wi’ a bit of culture about her! “

Carrot smirked, “Oi kin tae it, Rainbow Dash, ye allae dress in style! Let's hie tae th' main room so ye kin show off yer frock!” It was a friendly jab, from the brief time he knew the pegasus he learned that she wasn’t one for dressing up unless it was for some formal occasion, which a farmer foal’s birthday party certainly was not. Truth be told, she looked amazing, but he didn’t want to appear like one of those stallions who could only made dorky comments about how pretty they thought the mare they were talking to was but never getting to know the actual pony.

Of course the real reason to get back to the party was because there was cake, and he wanted to make sure every pony got a slice of Purple’s masterpiece, “Guid day purple, Ah hoped ye saved some fur..” Carrot’s inquiry was cut short when she noticed Applejack playing along, quite enthusiastically, with Applebloom and her play barn set. He couldn’t help but have a large, goofy grin. He understood how she felt, it was a family thing. He still remember the times he play with his little sister when she was more into toys, it help them bond, and even a grown pony can still enjoy some foal like things from time to time, heck he was still a Daring Do fancolt. “Glad yoo’re havin' fin applejack; did ye aw hae a slice ay th' cake yit?”

Cheerilee

Cheerilee smiled gleefully as she watched Applebloom avidly play with her gifts, it seemed everypony's gift was a hit but none more than her farm house set. Of course Cheerilee still had to find hers and then hope Abby would like it, given that already got a compass for her birthday, although not nearly as sturdy and well made as Cheerilee’s was. Hopefully her little assistants will be able to locate it before it was lost among the detritus.

Cheerilee held her forehooves a horse shoe apart in response to Purple Haze's question, “Gilding Light is right dear; it is about this big, dark blue with a bright red ribbon tied to it, just like the one in your mouth.” Cheerilee eys widened and her pupils shrunk in surprise in the face of the obvious, “oh! That’s it! You found it! Thank you Purple Haze for being such a helpful little pony!” Cheerilee gave both Purple and Guiding a hug, “and you too Guiding Light, you are such a considerate young stallion.”

Things looked like they were going to work out after all. Applebloom was happy, they manage to salvage some of the food, and not a present was broken! Now all Cheerilee had to do is wait her turn and hope nothing else would go awry.

• Like 2

OOC: Ugggh, sorry for neglecting this thread for so long.

14aittd.png

It took the two children some time, but they eventually managed to find the misplaced gift from Cheerilee that Ingrid Marie found earlier. As predicted by Ingrid, the schoolteacher happily congratulated Purple Haze and Gilding Light for their help, which will probably make them feel very good inside. That, of course, was the main reason the beige unicorn stayed off to the side during the hunt for the waylaid present.

Meanwhile, Ms. Marie looked on as Apple Bloom kept opening her other presents. It was almost shocking to believe that only an hour ago or so, the birthday fillies and the other children were well... not acting like they were at a birthday party at all. But here Apple Bloom was, tearing up wrapping paper as if nothing happened at all. Thinking on the role she played today, Ingrid compulsively glanced at the clock in the room, now without a pendulum-

~Egads, I almost forgot that train!~

Ingrid Marie only now remembered that the late train back to Canterlot wouldn’t be in operation tonight. Judging by the time, the unicorn only had about thirty minutes to make it back to the train station before she missed her ride. Not wanting to be rude or show panic however, Ingrid felt the polite thing to do was to politely excuse herself first. Trotting in front of the laying-down Applejack to make sure her “niece” didn’t get surprised, a calm and collected Ingrid whispered in AJ’s ear; “I hate to be a bother, but I just realized I have to catch the train back home in thirty minutes. You won’t mind if I leave a little early, do you?”

As Apple Bloom departed, Applejack 'watched the stove' and maintained focus on the toy set. It was immaculate. And even though she spent all morning setting it up for Apple Bloom, the glimmer of the wooden pieces, and the mechanical brilliance behind and under the set still excited her enough to continue playing with it. She didn't really have anything else to do anyways, and all the guests, to her knowledge, seemed well taken care of now.

Carrot spoke something softly to her. Applejack was busy using the plow to set up the carrot farm on the south side of the barn-house set. "What? Cake? Um, no, it's ok, I'm not hungry." Applejack then dove to the other side, where she started putting the sheep figures in herds and started using the sheep dog attachment to manipulate their movement into their pens, a clever trick using magnets.

But then, she smelled something. it smelled like a lit match. The stove! Applejack had forgotten all about it. She rolled over to the kitchen and saw the built in stove was overheating. She quickly blew the smoke away and pulled out the plastic casserole inside of it. "Consarnit!" Ingrid came up behind Applejack at the toy set, addressing she was leaving. "What? Um, yeah, ok, cya, thanks fer comin'. Sorry, I gotta take of somethin'." Applejack went to the well, and with a few cranks of the spindle on it, pulled out a tiny bucket and started pretend to put out the fire. Shortly there after, the smoke disappeared and the kitchen was safe.

Applejack took a couple of the pony pieces and started putting hat and boot accessories on them. She talked to herself as she played a role play. "Well hello honey! I think I'll go outside and cut the grass." Applejack made her voice sound really squeaky. "OK, have fun outside! I'll make you some lemonade for when you're done!" Applejack returns to her normal voice. "Oh that would be great honey. Here I go!" Applejack trotted the figure outside the barn area and started pushing a mechanical mower with the figure across the front yard of the toy set. Applejack loved the toy she got for Apple Bloom, enough to get her completely sidetracked from the fact that this was still Apple Bloom's birthday.

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

“Glad tae meit ye miss rarity; i’m carrot fields!”

Rarity giggled softly, finding the stallion's somewhat inelegant reintroduction cute and charming in a way. The accent helped a lot, she supposed.

"A pleasure making your acquaintance, Carrot," she said, nodding her head and smiling.

“Weel cheers! usually ponies aroond these parts jes’ sniggar about th' kilt, callin' it a frock an' aw. Oi’m glad tae finally meet a pony wi’ a bit of culture about her! “

"Bah! That's nonsense! I think it's lovely," Rarity insisted, taking a closer look at the kilt. "I'm very well read when it comes to regional traditional fashions and I've always thought Fet Loch had some of the most quaintly charming."

She gave a laugh and another nod. "If you ever find yourself in need of a new designer kilt, it would be my upmost pleasure to work on such a thing!" she added with a grin.

“Oi kin tae it, Rainbow Dash, ye allae dress in style! Let's hie tae th' main room so ye kin show off yer frock!”

Rarity laughed at this comment and smiled. She had to admit, Rainbow Dash really did dress up well. She might fuss a lot, but with her attractive blue coat and all the colors in her mane so many things looked good on her. There were few ponies in Ponyville she preferred to use as a model more. Right now, Dash getting a chance to show off her winning appearance was definitely important.

"Agreed," she said. "Let us hope that Rainbow's gorgeous appearance doesn't steal too much attention from the birthday filly," she added as she went out with the others into the main room.

Applejack went about like the gift was hers, playing farmhouse to her heart's content. To be blunt, Apple Bloom had never seen her sister act this way and even though she had also never seen her as a little filly, it struck her as odd and barely believable all the same. She was so enamored with her own pretend play that she didn't even see the silo open up and the rockets go in, but then again Apple Bloom couldn't blame her. The set was beyond awesome! It was beyond incredible! It was beyond...words! It even had a small working stove which Applejack used to some effect, and small fires and small wells to put out small fires and small and adorable EVERYTHING EVER. It was all she could to prevent herself from leaping at the set with reckless abandon and playing with Applejack for the rest of the night, which seemed like a darn good plan for the evening after all the festivities died down.

"That looks mighty tasty, Applejack. What's fo' dinner?" She said, laying down next to her sister and getting invested in the playing...before Ingrid announced she was getting ready to leave. More like whispered to Applejack, but Apple ears are darn good and she was right there! The filly threw herself over one of the forelegs of her departing family member.

"Ah'm really happy ya could make it, Ingrid! Yer gift was sweet an' Ah hope ya liked it down'er on the farm!" She jumped up and gave Ingrid a peck on cheek and another firm Apple hug, moments before Rainbow Dash plopped her gift in front of her. It was hoofball shaped which meant it must be pretty awesome, which would make sense considering the pony who was giving it to her was the most awesome pony in all of Equestria(after Applejack of course, but she'd never say such a thing)! But even before she could really tear into the gift like every fiber of her applelicious being demanded, she gazed up at such a sight! Rainbow Dash was...PRETTY! Dressed in a rather elegant dress and a long, shimmering mane. She looked like she could charm the mane off of any stallion or mare in the land. And it was the darned silliest thing Apple Bloom had ever seen! Why, who in their right minds would try and make Rainbow Dash look like one of them silly fashion models? It didn't make a lick of sense! She was a physical pony full of daring, and doing, and some daring doing!

"Geez Rainbow Dash, y'all look fancier than a Canterlot weddin' dress," Apple Bloom said, examining the pegasus some more. It had all the hallmarks of a Rarity design! Maybe this was another gift for Apple Bloom from Rarity, some fancy ponies for her big, special day? Hmm, maybe. She'd have to prevent the rising giggles from overtaking her for now.

"Well, let's open up yer gift!" The filly added with some flair, tearing into the lightly wrapped package. In a few moments of rainbow paper carnage the hoofball was revealed like it was a long lost relic.

"Wow, Rainbow Dash! Mah very own hoofball. Haha, now Ah don't have ta borrow Big Mac's! Thank you so much!" She gave the pegasus a tight hug on the forelegs with her dirty hooves something fierce. She then promptly started spinning the ball on her head.

GrannySmith1WithText.png

When she heard AppleBloom mention dinner, Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel looked alarmed.

"Jumpin' GEE-HOUS-A-FAT!" the elderly mare shouted. "I plumb furgot ta git dinner started!"

"ACK! UNEEMAL!" added the bearded stallion, "I vanted to bake more of mein famous strudel for dessert!"

As both elderly ponies galloped off into the kitchen, Haywire remained in the room and moved closer to AppleBloom.

"If'n yur lookin' fer another pony ta help ya play with yur playset, I'd gladly volunteer!" the blank flank filly neighed. "But if'n ya rather play with yur new slingshot, I kin give ya some pointers! Been shootin' wit mine fer quite a spell!"

14aittd.png

Now that she received permission to leave early, there was two ponies in particular that Ingrid Marie needed to say goodby to. First up was sweet little Apple Bloom, who must have really good hearing to have overheard the beige unicorn’s whispers to Applejack. Right after AJ had to attend to other business, the birthday filly pounced on Auntie Marie’s foreleg and thanked her for coming by. “Once again, thank you for inviting me today,” the middle-aged mare affectionately responded, using her other foreleg to draw Apple Bloom in closer; “I can see why Sweet Apple Acres is the pride and joy of our entire family.” Ingrid then pulled back just enough for her to conveniently place a peck of her own on the little earth pony’s forehead; after a final ruffling of Miss Bloom’s mane, the smiling unicorn let the girl go back to the business of shredding wrapping paper left and right.

Next; to say goodbye to Ingrid Marie’s newest friend. Saying farewell to Cheerilee would be slightly more difficult, as the unicorn already promised earlier to head out with the schoolteacher to an inn after the party was through. Ah well, the two were adults; they could easily arrange a new time for an outing! Without further hesitation, Ms. Marie walked over to the purple earth pony to provide an earlier-than-expected farewell. “I hate to sound like I’m getting senile,” Ingrid said through an embarrassed smile; “But I only remembered just now that they cancelled the late train to Canterlot tonight, mmkay. I’m afraid we’ll have to reschedule our… little trip to the inn, if that’s alright with you.” The unicorn sure felt like an idiot right now.....

Applejack beamed as Apple Bloom played along, sort of. For the filly was business dealing with other presents and having fun with her friends, it was impressive Apple Bloom could even stay focus on what her sister was doing. Applejack would not take offense to it though. Besides, it just means she gets to play more with the set and work it in so that its ready for the imagination of her little sister. "Oh, um, we're going to have, uh, Corn on the cob! Yup. Let me just get the," Applejack dug through a small paper bag that had some loose items in it. She pulled out several tiny ears of corn, and dumped them in a tiny pot, and then sat the pot on the no-longer-burning stove inside the tiny kitchen. Applejack then grabbed one of her pony toys and walked them to the porch behind the barn house, a deck complete with a bench swing and a continuous water fountain. "Oh, I'm so plum tuckered, I'm just going to rest here and drink some lemonade." Applejack role played her character to the swing as she softly swung it back and forth on the tiny hinges.

Cheerilee

Cheerilee was almost ecstatic as she hugged Purple Haze and Guiding Light for finding her gift. Up to that point she was pretty sure, given how the day went, that she was going to find her present smashed, crumpled, covered in food, and perhaps even sneezed upon for good measure. Instead thanks to the diligence of two of her students, the compass was safe!

Cheerilee turned around to present it, awaiting her turn as she witnessed an amusing sight. Applejack appeared to be more enthralled with Applebloom's play farm than Applebloom was. Every mare and stallion could understand the draw of nostalgia, the whimsical memories of the carefree times as foal, but this was a bit silly. Still the schoolmare felt it best not to say anything, this was Applebloom's special day and there was no reason to tempt fate anymore by causing disharmony through a misinterpreted job, no matter how good natured.

What was really important was that Cheerilee now had an opportunity to finally offer her present. "Here you go Applebloom, something I think you will find not only educational in a way, but most useful when you and your friends go crusading." The farmer filly was easy to shop for, just get something that somehow could be both fun and helpful to the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders'. Now only if they could only find their destinies, maybe they wouldn't be so mischievous in class.

Oh who was she kidding, they still be mischievous! At least it kept the school day interesting.

She laid down Applebloom's present in front of the filly and turned her attention to her new acquaintance, Ingrid Marie. "I’m sorry you have to go so soon, but I understand, it is getting late after all.” Cheerilee smiled and offered a hug to the beige unicorn, whom she hoped, could become a new friend, “the next time you are in town, we’ll get to the inn, it’ll be my treat.”

Carrot Fields

Carrot Fields smiled at the white unicorn who had now introduced herself. Even in her messy way, she was still incredibly stunning. He wasn’t going to mention that part out loud of course, so he just went with the route he knew best- Be a gentlestallion, and hope to Luna he doesn’t klutz it up.

He walked over and cut two slices of Purple Haze’s carrot cake, she wouldn’t let anypony else touch it to be sure, but he was the exception, at least in his mind. Carefully he carried the two small plates in his mouth as he made his way towards Dash and Rarity, “haur ye gang, Ah brooght ye two-“

Before he could even finish explaining his noble deed, poor Carrot manage to somehow trip up over his own hooves in nervousness, his chin smacked squarely against the barn floor as the cake slices flew forward…

Please don’t hit anypony…

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie eagerly returned Cheerilee’s farewell hug, feeling better with the knowledge that a rescheduled outing was in the works. “That will be most splendid, Cheerilee,” replied the middle-aged mare as she let go and stepped back, levitating a business card from beneath her black and white top for the schoolteacher to take; “Here’s my card; it’s technically my work contact information, but at least you know where you can write to. Anywho, I’ll definitely keep in touch! Don’t let your students give you too much trouble.”

Providing a final wink of mischief to her new acquaintance, Ms. Marie gave one last fleeting look at the birthday party before heading outside the barn. Undoubtedly, this day-trip to Sweet Apple Acres was well worth her time. Ingrid got to bond a few members of her extended family, made a new acquaintance, and even helped pacify a crisis! And to think the unicorn first planned on ignoring the birthday invitation!!! This would make Ingrid think twice about throwing Apple family invites; in fact… maybe she’d attend a family reunion whenever the next one came along.....

*Exit Ingrid Marie*

• 2 weeks later...

8nMQp.png

Nursery drew closer to Apple Bloom and her big sister, playing with the her new farm doll house. She could barely hide her jealousy. I mean, it wasn't quite as cool as a hospital doll house would be, but... it looked like so much fun. And maybe she could play a doll who was a trained nurse who could help the other dolls with their doll injuries. I mean, injuries were pretty common on farms, right? Hard, physical work was pretty dangerous and such... Her thoughts trailed off a little, but returned quickly.

She shuffled her hooves, and tried to find words. "Uh.. uhm.. c-can I p-play with y-your new dolls, too, Apple Bloom?" She frowned adorably, her voice as timid as ever.

She wasn't even sure if she had said it loud enough for anyone to have heard it. So she continued to stand there and waited if anyone took notice. Or most likely, to continue watch Abby and her sister play.

If it was all up to Apple Bloom's desire for immediate pleasure then she would have been just fine if the rest of the festivities came to a halt in favor of playing with Applejack and her new toy set. There was simply so much playing to do and not enough time as a filly to do it! But then she wouldn't be a good host if she did that, would she? Nah, she'd be an awful one. Besides, all you gotta do with a little filly is say the word presents and their mind is torn asunder by the energetic blasts of wondering about whatever could be hiding between some thin paper and usually a box. The fanciful images that danced in their heads were accurate a lot of times as well, and when Cheerilee presented her gift Apple Bloom had dozens of ideas floating around her little noggin, bouncing around and trying to get her attention.

"Oh! Oh! Ah thought Ah'd already opened yer present, Miss Cheerilee," Apple Bloom said s she took her prized teacher's gift in her mouth and set it down. She shook it for a second.

"Hmm, well yer a teacher so...a globe!" She guessed before tearing into the package like a hurricane. With a bow. Which when you think of it that way, is far cuter and less terrifying than a normal one. The package was literally ripped to shreds and before her was a compass! She held it up like it was some of master-crafted word.

"Well, Ah was close! It's a pretty compass. Now we should get back ta the farm if we're lost in the Everfree in an hour, unlike last time where ot was five! Thanks, Miss Cheerilee!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, galloping up and warmly embracing her teacher. Apple Bloom then nodded towards Haywire.

"That sounds like a great idea! Ya can teach me how ta use it after school!" Apple Bloom said, free of any news that had dramatic tension for a moment in time.

Meanwhile, in news that DID involve dramatic tension, cake slices flew towards Applejack and the play set.

Before he could react, Guiding Light along with purple Haze were swept up and given a big hug by their teacher! The colt never expected his teacher to be that happy that he and the filly found the prized present, nor was he expecting a hug even though he knew the teacher was kind. When he was set back down, the colt turned his attention to the presents being opened again. admittedly the colt felt like he missed out on the important moments of Apple Bloom's day, and so he was going to make every moment last! His attention only drifted to seeing Apple Bloom's older sister playing with the farm set like she was a filly! Well, maybe some adults still had a little bit of child left in them.

Guiding Light then watched as Apple Bloom unwrapped up the mysterious small box, revealing a wooden compass.

"Wow, that's a neat gift," he said to his classmate celebrating her birthday, "With that I don't think you and the other Crusaders will get lost!"

Then suddenly Light happened to glance to the side just as a slice of cake came flying right at him! Without a second thought the colt stopped the cake in midair, inches away from decorating his face with frosting.

"Are we having cake now," he asked Apple Bloom with the cake slice still hovering in front of him.

• 2 weeks later...

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"Let's put some giddy-up inta it, Strudel! We still got a heap of party guests an' family ta feed!" Granny Smith neighed, "need ta cook up somethin' fast fer supper!"

"Vee could fix sandviches, mein sister," Uncle Apple Strudel answered. "Day are fast to create, und vee already have enough bread for.."

"I gotta better idear! How about you put some sandwiches together fer the crew? Got lots of bread and while they're eatin' on'm, I kin cook up somethin' ta go with'm!"

"As you vish, Granny," her bearded brother said with a smile as he went to work on them.

Meanwhile, Haywire was still watching AppleJack play with AppleBloom's playset with fascination.

"Grown ups are the weirdest ponies of all!" the blank flank filly thought to herself, "All the adults in mah life er always yellin' at me ta GROW UP and ACT MATURE! And here's a grown up AppleJack actin' like a foal! I ain't never gonna understand adults!"

Haywire continued to quietly watch, unsure whether to offer to 'join in' with the sisters or just keep silent. But the silence was broken when Uncle Apple Strudel walked in, carrying a tray of sandwiches and a pitcher of lemonade and sat it on a nearby table.

"Everyvone! Supper vill be coming shortly, but until den, here are plenty of sandviches und lemonade! Please help yourselves!"

Applejack was only able to congruently understand what was going on around her ten percent of the time. As much as she was immersed in the play-set, conversations around her and the passing around of cake was almost ignored by her. In fact, Applejack just minding her characters together, a small dialog session about what the couple were doing as far as chores on the plastic farm that day. When all of a sudden, a giant meteor was coming to destroy the entire play-set. Ahh! Wait a minute. Applejack got up and looked just in time to see that large amounts of cake were flying towards her and the play-set. Applejack had time to gasp, but she had no time to react fast enough, to do any kind of protection to the toys. In a flash, Applejack saw all of the mint conditioned wooden pieces, unhurt and in fresh-out-of-the-box feel. The smell of the plastic radiating off the shine of the barn sidings. But then, the flash was over, and so was Applejack's daydream, and cake was everywhere.

Applejack stepped off the play-set mat, and looked behind her to see a large farm and house set, completed covered in cake. Applejack was stunned. So much so, she did not speak a word for the moment. She just stared at it.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash gave a small glare at Carrot as he jabbed at her, but then laughed and punched him in the shoulder. "Good one!" she snickered. "Nice comeback!"

She smiled happily as Apple Bloom opened the gift. "Ha! Knew ya'd like it, kid!" She said cheerfully as she hugged the yellow filly back, not really noticing nor caring about the dirty hooves that left smudges on the white gown. She lacked Rarity's sixth sense in that area.

Yet... uuuuuugh... being dressed up was boooooring. It was like, all you were here to do was stand around and let ponies look at you. Not that she minded being looked at - but she liked to do stuff while being looked at!

But as the cake slices hit, at least the party was looking up! She laughed merrily, shaking her head. "Wow, what is *with* this party, amiright?" she snickered. "It's like there's some sort of mini-Discord running around - and I mean other than just Pinkie Pie!" She rubbed thoughtfully under her chin. "I wonder if those gremlins in Daring Do and the Furthest Shore are real critters or just made-up... Twilight would know... Are we done with the presents, then? Is it cake-and-dancing time? Well, the cake went dancing!" She laughed again.

Sweetie Belle

Sweetie ooooed softly over the very nice compass, then bit her lower lip. Oh dear ... now her own gift of a compass looked ... much less special. Miss Cheerilee's compass was *so much nicer* than her own! Still, she needed to be polite! "Ah, it's nice!" she said brightly to Apple Bloom. "I really like its case ... it's a really pretty compass!"

She let out a squeak and ducked as cake slices flew over the lil' white filly, and turned around to see where they'd landed. "Oh *no*!" she cried in surprise, her voice cracking, jaw dropping, and a lil' spark flying out of her horn tip. "Oh, Applejack, all over your new playset! Oh, I mean ... Apple Bloom's new playset!" She patted Applejack on the shoulder gently, considering the mess. "Should we get some towels and water?" she asked, "I'm really good at cleaning! Just ask my sister!"

Purple Haze

Purple let out faint little pained noises, watching that single slice of cake crash down ... she didn't really care what it'd hit, but ... that was her CAKE! Her special gift to Apple Bloom! Her gaze slowly swiveled back to where the cake had come from, the sheepish looking and clumsy Carrot Fields. Her big brae. After protecting it from ALL the chaos, two slice of cake had been tossed... by her own big brae. While she was busy cleaning up the mess, he was making more!

She took a deep breath, and walked across the intervening space till the lil filly was glaring up at her big brae. Then, under her breath and with an almost completely incoherent accent that was FAR beyond the usual careful accent she used to try to let ponies understand her, she started quietly berating him for being the clumsiest big brae she'd ever had!