I am getting married!

Manestream

Wow! Super Congratulations for yah! <3 I'm getting ready for a big wedding myself...Not my own..But a sister's. Get to rent a suit...Buy a gift....Drive all the way down there. Rob a bank. Find a way to get money for all of this..

• Like 1

Keep emotions under control? Mane, don't be ridiculous, it's one of these days where you don't have to care about your emotions because whatever you'd do, (in the borders of good taste and common sense of course) you'll be justified anyway. Enjoy, simply enjoy to the deepest and keep in mind this day is one-of-a-kind.

• Like 1

This is awesome. My first day on the forum and somepony's already getting married! Congrats!

Heh, and it's one of our wonderful admins, no less. :D

Also, I've said it a few times now, but congratulations, Mane! I'm seriously excited for you and hope your wedding is amazing. :)

• Like 1

Today! It's really happening! XD omigosh!!! What should I do with myself? Hahaha!

Going to get my hair done- anyone have ideas of how to keep the emotions under control?

Congratulations Manestream and many respects on such a glorious and wonderful occasion!!! I am very happy for you. :) *Bows*

As for contoling your emotions, here are some pointers I learned in my martial arts training:

1) Take the time to just sit and relax. You can always make time, even a few moments will do. Take deep breaths and literally 'will' your body to relax. Read up on meditation. Trust me, it helps.

*---Enjoying a good movie or playing a fun video game are good alternatives. Reading is a very good alternative.

2) Keep your focus and stay in the moment. Look not to the past nor the future. Live in the present with your special somepony.

3) No control is perfect. When in private or alone with those you trust (in essence, a controled enviorment), let out and purge your pent up emotions regardless what they are. This can relieve a lot of stress.

Hope my advice helps and if you have trouble with it don't get frustrated; I have 12 years of experience and I am still learning. Anyways, I wish a brilliant and fruitful future for you and your significant other. Have fun and be joyful. ^^

• Like 1