Body of water?

Tam

I love them all! I get really giddy when I'm exploring in the woods or a park and happen across a random stream or runoff. Oceans are probably my favorite though. Such an abundance of fishies, the sea spray, the current, the colors... Just LOVE it. The size doesn't scare me too much unless I'm out in a boat and can't see land anymore.

I enjoy ponds because of the ducks and geese that I see around them, and lakes are fun to swim in if they're clean enough, but I'm awestruck by enormous bodies of water. I've been on the beaches of the Great Lakes once or twice, and it took my breath away. One time when I was younger I saw the Pacific Ocean (I was visiting my aunt and uncle in California and got to go to Alcatraz), and it was beautiful. The sight, sounds, and smells of the ocean were almost overwhelming. I'd love to live near the coast some day, but for now I'm stuck staring out across cornfields. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. It's just a different kind of beauty.

I'd say... the ocean. I had only been in beaches, which I don't like, but once I did a tour to a frozen lake, and we had to go there by sea and the travel was... amazing. The swaying of the boat, the strong winds, the frozen rain piercing your face like a thousand needles... I think that was one of the best things I've felt in my life. And a few days later we had to travel in a cargo ship... the ship movement was even heavier, those tiny metalic doors, sleeping in really tiny berths with the ship swaying, and the sea outside roaring. It was simply awesome. I think I was simply born for sea. It's a shame I've lived all my life on solid ground.

Favorite type of body of water in general? The type of ice cold stream that forms high in the mountains from snowpack run-off and is shaded by dense forest. For best results, enjoy after a long hike on a sunny summer afternoon.

Favorite body of water in specific? The Wire Lakes, in the Emigrant Wilderness of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Clear as glass, cold as ice, surrounded by the semi-barren beauty of the high-altitude Sierras.

Seas and oceans are horrifying, we are not welcome there at all.

Well that I have to disagree with! I've always lived on the ocean, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. I could swim before I could walk, and there's nothing more relaxing to me than swimming and playing in the ocean. There's some scary stuff in there, for sure (my mother in law has some jellyfish scars to attest to that), but have you ever met an alligator snapping turtle? Or grabbed onto a tree that has been submerged in fresh water for ages? Feels like dead flesh, man. Yuck.

Plus, whales are pretty much the coolest thing ever.

I have a severe phobia of large bodies of water, so... Puddles XD

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hardly even like swimming pools. I DO like tiny cute little forest streams though...but nothing I can't see the bottom of, is 'rushing' or beyond like, knee deep. X3 eep! The ocean downright terrifies me. I like looking at it for a time, but not going too terribly close.